No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    bondjames wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    When do we think they will actually announce a distribution deal done and done with bidding war end of summer maybe?
    I don't think it's a fast process, so yes I think end of summer at the earliest but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a bit later. Then they have to do casting etc. so lots to be done if they want to make 2018.

Then probably 2019 is a good bet
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited April 2017 Posts: 8,127
    delete.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Can I just say this now, Aidan Turner is never going to be James Bond 007.

• peterpeter Toronto
    Thank you @Shardlake , thank you...
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    When do we think they will actually announce a distribution deal done and done with bidding war end of summer maybe?
    I don't think it's a fast process, so yes I think end of summer at the earliest but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a bit later. Then they have to do casting etc. so lots to be done if they want to make 2018.

Then probably 2019 is a good bet

• It sure seems that unless something dramatic happens, that Craig will be back for one more.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It sure seems that unless something dramatic happens, that Craig will be back for one more.

@TellyBlofeld, you're right. I think somebody should get in contact with Dan in London quickly, and provide him with heavy armed guard. Turner might try to murder him in an effort to take the role.
    If its not out by fall 2019 Craig is done. We will know by next summer for sure IMO.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, lol, that, or @Mendes4Lyfe will do the deed to allow his man to take the mantle!!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @peter, he had just better hope Turner goes into EON with a gob-smacking audition, otherwise he'll be going to jail for nothing. Far worse, if he's in prison he then won't be able to see Turner in action while he's assumed the role. Feels like a lose-lose to me.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    peter wrote: »
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, lol, that, or @Mendes4Lyfe will do the deed to allow his man to take the mantle!!
    Of course, when it's released he'll try to say that he spot Turner in the background so he did indeed end it up in Bond 25!

Of course, when it's released he'll try to say that he spot Turner in the background so he did indeed end it up in Bond 25!

I'd settle for a Poldark cameo, where Bond drives into a rural English village and beats the snot out of him for being a SPECTRE collaborator.

Bond: "Tell Blofeld I'm coming for him, and get a goddamn haircut, you puss."
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    What's really going to chap asses is when you lot realize and accept that I'll be the next one cast as 007.

I'd settle for a Poldark cameo, where Bond drives into a rural English village and beats the snot out of him for being a SPECTRE collaborator.

Ha ha, and perhaps tells him to get a gym membership, too.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited April 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    What's really going to chap asses is when you lot realize and accept that I'll be the next one cast as 007.
    Don't let Birdleson hear that. ;)

EDIT: Hey, what do you know?! Old Emojis are back!

Ha ha, and perhaps tells him to get a gym membership, too.

Bond will just reach into the boot of his Aston and pull out two 50 pound dumbbells, throwing them at Poldark's feet.

Bond: "Give these a lift, pretty boy. And don't forget to eat your bloody oats."

@Creasy47, I've never doubted this for a second, but just let Dan finish first. I know he'll give his blessing when it's time.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Strike Authorization results due in the next 24 hours!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Mendes4Lyfe you do realize the last strike lasted three and a half months, right?

Without a release date for Bond 25, I'm not sure if this delay will have the effect on production that I think you're hoping for.

If we're to assume that EoN is in the development stages of a script, all this strike will do is allow P&W to continue writing right up until the end of the WGA contract (May 1), where all writing is put on hold (and, maybe someone can clear up the following: I believe they will have to have some form of the script completed according to their pre-strike contract, because once they pick-up the work post strike, all contracts could look very different).

This will give the folks over at EoN, and Daniel Craig, time to go over the script as is, and to continue to work and develop the story in-house.

By the time the strike is over, P&W can pick up with these fresh notes, and/or, new writers will come on board to begin the polishing process.

It's not as if Bond 25 is going into production and needs a script now...
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 19
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Irrespective of what happens, I'm not convinced this will come out before 2019. I'll be highly amazed and concerned if this gets released next year.
    Maybe there are much more about Bond 25 we didnt know ... A member of Germán fan club with good contacts told us they have a screenplay first draft since last Christmas...
    By the way, Archivo 007 doesn't say anything about stunts, maybe it is another person (or thing) conected with Craig. Maybe we missunderstood.
    I don't think Bond will be affected by this strike because imo the script is finished
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    I don't think Bond will be affected by this strike because imo the script is finished

They might have a 1st draft at best (and I suspect, based on when we heard W&P were hired) they don't even have that yet - but whichever way it is at present, the script is certainly not finished. And a strike will mean further script work will be put on hold.
    Plus, even if the first draft was done, I wouldn't be surprised if it goes through several more revisions, or requires someone else to inevitably step in and work on it. I hope that's not the case.
    Plus, even if the first draft was done, I wouldn't be surprised if it goes through several more revisions, or requires someone else to inevitably step in and work on it. I hope that's not the case.

Many feature films crack 5 drafts before they even start getting close.

ColonelSun wrote: »

Many feature films crack 5 drafts before they even start getting close.

Hence my statement; just because a first draft is completed before the writer's strike begins doesn't mean much (if one has even been completed).
    Supposedly they have had a 1st draft since December so they might be on third or second draft.
    Supposedly they have had a 1st draft since December so they might be on third or second draft.

That's what I'm saying. I think they are close to being done. Which goes back to my point I think things are really being hush hush so there are no leaks

Where'd you hear that at? Last I heard, they had been hired to write - suppose it's not too crazy to think they were hired months prior to the announcement, though.
    James Bond should smoke opium in Bond 25, just like he did in Devil May Care.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    As I said earlier: I'm pretty sure that if there's a strike, P&W will have to hand in some kind of completed draft (whether that's a first draft or two or three step deal, who knows) before May 1. If there is a strike, and at the conclusion of it, my understanding is that people on gigs (TV shows and films) may have to re-negotiate their contracts based on the new WGA agreement (since their older contracts will have died at midnight on May 1).

In the end, this strike, if it does happen, won't have much bearing on Bond 25. It'll likely last for two to three months.

P&W will hand in a first, second or third draft, depending on their contract, and the powers that be, including DC, will get at it with notes, notes and more notes. By the time the strike will have ended, everyone will be well versed in the direction they want the script to go in, and they either hire P&W back, or turn to new writers for drafts and polishing.

Including the potential strike, I imagine we're about six months out from a shooting script.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited April 2017 Posts: 1,756
    For comparison, Skyfall had 16 drafts. Spanning between 7 months. Although by the time filming had started they were on the 6th draft.