No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    For comparison, Skyfall had 16 drafts. Spanning between 7 months. Although by the time filming had started they were on the 6th draft.

And still there were plot holes one could crash a train through! I couldn't help it, I actually like Skyfall ;)

They may have a rough outline & few drafts at best. I doubt they have anything near a coherent script.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Tuck91 absolutely, but they have to hand-in what they have (since EoN owns it); and, after the strike is over, EoN will be able to hire them back and/or get new writers at that point.

But whatever's been written belongs to EoN and must be submitted by May 1
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    James Bond should smoke opium in Bond 25, just like he did in Devil May Care.

what drugs do you think daniel Craig's bond has done?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2017 Posts: 10,588
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited April 2017 Posts: 11,139
    Yikes. The Craig era has just been so...unfortunate. These extenuating circumstances almost seem personal.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    jake24 wrote: »

Well isn't this wonderful
  • Supposedly they have had a 1st draft since December so they might be on third or second draft.

What's the source of a first draft being done in December?
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Supposedly they have had a 1st draft since December so they might be on third or second draft.

There isn't I'm guessing its probably speculation
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Supposedly they have had a 1st draft since December so they might be on third or second draft.

That Reddit user, if I had to guess.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    James Bond should smoke opium in Bond 25, just like he did in Devil May Care.

what drugs do you think daniel Craig's bond has done?

I'd say just pills, when he's recouping. He handles all his problems (by which I mean repressing them) with the drink.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Yep. Bond in general deals with them in that manner. Sometimes he enjoys them (the drinks), other times he takes in the means of evasion from having to feel irritated by certain problems.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    If the strike means we get another QoS: I am on board if they just leave out the shaky-cam team.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Yeah but because people don't like qos they won't risk it again
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    edited April 2017 Posts: 1,884
    This article might be more than 5 years old but it's become relevant as of today's results on the vote.

Craig: "On ‘Quantum,’ we were f*cked,” he said plainly. “We had the bare bones of a script and then there was a writers’ strike and there was nothing we could do. We couldn’t employ a writer to finish it. I say to myself, ‘Never again,’ but who knows? There was me trying to rewrite scenes – and a writer I am not.’”

http://www.indiewire.com/2011/12/daniel-craig-says-writers-strike-fucked-quantum-of-solace-he-rewrote-scenes-with-marc-forster-114248/

Let's just hope that Purvis and Wade are further than they were with QoS if the WGA strikes again. Of course, it's unlikely they will, because the AMPTP will have to bow down sooner or later and meet the their demands. I'm optimistic and so I think they'll get a deal before May 1st. If not, then we'll get another 3-4 month strike.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited April 2017 Posts: 16,333
    Maybe Craig having a little bit of writing input on his potential last Bond film might not be a bad idea.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    This article might be more than 5 years old but it's become relevant as of today's results on the vote.

Craig: "On ‘Quantum,’ we were f*cked,” he said plainly. “We had the bare bones of a script and then there was a writers’ strike and there was nothing we could do. We couldn’t employ a writer to finish it. I say to myself, ‘Never again,’ but who knows? There was me trying to rewrite scenes – and a writer I am not.’”

http://www.indiewire.com/2011/12/daniel-craig-says-writers-strike-fucked-quantum-of-solace-he-rewrote-scenes-with-marc-forster-114248/

Let's just hope that Purvis and Wade are further than they were with QoS if the WGA strikes again. Of course, it's unlikely they will, because the AMPTP will have to bow down sooner or later and meet the their demands. I'm optimistic and so I think they'll get a deal before May 1st. If not, then we'll get another 3-4 month strike.

Yes, Craig wouldn't willingly put himself in another position like QoS again. Even in interviews for that film, he looked confused by the movie he made and what the story was. He has described it as a "tricky second album" in the past.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Murdock wrote: »
    Maybe Craig having a little bit of writing input on his potential last Bond film might not be a bad idea.

He said Never Again. A strike may be what makes him say no to the next one.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 8,127
    Murdock wrote: »

He said Never Again. A strike may be what makes him say no to the next one.

Not to mention he'll be cracking 50 soon. He probably wants the next Bond to be less demanding, not more. Starting shooting with a somewhat rushed together script is rarely a sign of a untroubled production.
    And this Turner guy is still young and energetic, yes?
    And this Turner guy doesn t mind rushed together scripts either, does he?
    And this Turner guy is still young and energetic, yes?

If they are looking to recast the role, that's a longer process. They would have to go back to the drawing board and come up with a completely new and fresh approach. By the time they found their new direction and cast their actor, the strike would be long over. We would be looking at a Nov 2019 release date for that, or maybe even later.
    All this talk about Craig being able to do it at 50, but not 51 is kind of laughable.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 8,127
    All this talk about Craig being able to do it at 50, but not 51 is kind of laughable.

Not that he can't do it. Many agreed that Craig was supposedly waiting to see a script of some kind before committing. At his age and after having done it for so long, he probably won't get involved in another Bond film if it seems like it could be a troubled production.
    17 MONTHS have passed since the release of Spectre. The fact that Bond 25 does not have a locked screenplay is outrageous. If I had the money Bill Gates has, I would hire the greatest talents in the business, make a rogue Bond movie, leak it online, then deal with the lawsuits, just to show the Broccoli clan how it's done.
    I could easily wait another 17 months. What s the rush?
    “The companies are committed to reaching a deal at the bargaining table that keeps the industry working. The 2007 Writers Strike hurt everyone. Writers lost more than $287 million in compensation that was never recovered, deals were cancelled, and many writers took out strike loans to make ends meet. We remain focused on our objective of reaching a deal with the WGA at the bargaining table when the guild returns on April 25th,” the AMPTP said in a statement.

Short of the AMPTP making some major concessions, there will be a strike beginning on May 2. From there, it could take months to get to a place where EON are able to go ahead with the next film.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Yawn. The over-dramatization never ceases to amaze. I won't have the audacity to speak for another (like some here who act like Dan's agent/s), but I will take the prospect of a meek strike over the gigantic press backlash that tarnished the lead up to CR, the MGM bankruptcy fiasco that stalled the production of SF and the Sony leaks that rocked Bond's world and countless other productions, sinking even more jobs at the studio in the wake of it.

We've got some Chicken Littles around here who think the sky is falling.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Yawn. The over-dramatization never ceases to amaze. I won't have the audacity to speak for another (like some here who act like Dan's agent/s), but I will take the prospect of a meek strike over the gigantic press backlash that tarnished the lead up to CR, the MGM bankruptcy fiasco that stalled the production of SF and the Sony leaks that rocked Bond's world and countless other productions, sinking even more jobs at the studio in the wake of it.

We've got some Chicken Littles around here who think the sky is falling.
    +1
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Post of the morning.