No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited April 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Killing Bond off just to create a dramatic fracture is a lazy idea.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    What a stupid and pretentious idea.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    It's amazing how energizing what seems like a bit of actual information can be.

On a side note , I think I might have a bit too much Bond on the brain at times. The other day I was at the gym and one of my earbuds was about to fall out. as I secured it , in my mind's ear, I heard a voice say "Don't touch your ear" :D
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 5,767
    boldfinger wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    Indeed I was jesting. I have no doubt however that there is a risk of future spin offs when the multi-year distribution deal is hatched down the road, and if it's with WB, at least the risk of a LEGO Bond film. If MGM sells itself to a powerhouse post-B25, then I can see quite a few changes in time.

EDIT: Another reason I see Sony as the most likely candidate is they need this badly right now. WB has enough on its plate and Universal has its hands full as well. I can't see them giving Bond the attention Sony did.

You know, I actually wouldn't completely hate a LEGO Bond movie. It would be neat to see a humorous Bond parody that actually has Bond as a character in it, that isn't the atrocity that is CR '67.
    But Eon made a number of those since 1967.

True, but none have reached the level of self referential humor that would be possible with a LEGO Bond movie. What I'm envisioning would basically be Johny English with Bond in it.
    Hm, then I will pass, that´s not my kind of humor ;-).

fjdinardo wrote: »
    LeChiffre wrote: »
    Kill Bond off in Craig's last film. That would be an interesting scenario. Can't see it happening though.

Me neither. I can see that hurting the franchise
    Not if the film is as tenacious as the idea of killing Bond.

Craig is coming back for at least one more. I and many others called it months ago. The naysayers can suck it. :D
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Craig is coming back for at least one more. I and many others called it months ago. The naysayers can suck it. :D

Christ Reaper, don't you know this is all just an elaborate headfake so they can surprise when they announce AIDEN TURNER as the next JAMES BOND!
    That's fake news! Turner will be playing Kamran Shah! :lol:
    Good one! :D
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    So Craig’s stunt is signed on..

And here's hoping he gets to do the stunts. I don't give a crap about Craig jumping off and flying over roof tops, let the stunt team do that stuff and make use of wide shots.

Agreed.
    'Actor doing his own stunts' is overrated, IMO.

Interesting thoughts not sure how much is legitimate
    I wonder what Sony did with their DN set afterwards?
    Hopefully it's up for sale for some lucky collector if true
    I hope Mendes doesn't get his hands on it.
    I must've missed this but what's this Dr No set everybody's speaking of?
    Yes I too would like to know.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited April 2017 Posts: 40,471
    I must've missed this but what's this Dr No set everybody's speaking of?

One of the studios they met with made their pitch against the backdrop of a re-done DN set of some kind, I suppose to show the love or attention to detail they have for the series.
    I hope Mendes is several thousand miles away from Bond, he took his shot.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I hope Mendes is several thousand miles away from Bond, he took his shot.

As did Craig.
    Craig's not done. Nor is EON done with him.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Is there pictures of the recreated set?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Not that I've seen, unfortunately. Would love to get a look at it.
    Can't find any photos online of recreated Dr No set alas
    There has never been any doubt in my mind that Craig was going to continue, however a lot dicier is whether two more pictures can be squeezed out of him. Seems like no, but still maybe, if they can possibly outline the broad strokes well in advance for him, maybe....
    I'm all for a soft reboot with a new young Bond star, but still I'd like to fully milk the guy we've got first.
    He's grown on me.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I don't see Craig doing two more. I think one is a stretch. Has that even been confirmed yet? We're all acting like it has. If we're basing it on the stuntman revelation perhaps we're getting ahead of ourselves because as I said, they work for multiple stars. I'll admit that it's a strong possibility, but I don't want anyone to build up their hopes excessively only to be let down later.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    bondjames wrote: »
    I don't see Craig doing two more. I think one is a stretch. Has that even been confirmed yet? We're all acting like it has. If we're basing it on the stuntman revelation perhaps we're getting ahead of ourselves because as I said, they work for multiple stars. I'll admit that it's a strong possibility, but I don't want anyone to build up their hopes excessively only to be let down later.

A healthy dose of skepticism. =D>
    Yawn.
    Craig could easily do two more if he wanted
    Getafix wrote: »

Especially if they keep those 2 close together.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Getafix wrote: »
    He could do one, but two would be a stretch unless they churn them out back to back witin 2 years. I just don't see him wanting to. He's got some interesting character things on his plate these days, and Bond is a huge commitment of time and physicality. If this Purity thing is a smash I can see him getting more tv offers.

PS: if he's indeed back for B25, would this be the first time that a Bond actor has been on a tv show at the same time as being the incumbent Bond? I would have thought that this was something EON would have balked at in the past given that tv was at one time looked down upon as an inferior medium, but I suppose things have changed on that front with the quality product they are churning out these days.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 11,425
    Craig could do two more with the second coming out in 2023 if he wanted IMO.

Question is whether he wants it or not.

I thought he looked awful in SF but clearly that was deliberate and he actually looked fine in SP.

It's a shame they shot the 'old Bond' bolt with SF as that wld have been a nice way to end the Craig era.

Mendes screwed that up IMO.

Obviously Mendes has left a bit of a mess with the retcon as well but its not beyond the wit of man to clear it up.

Step back and make more of a standalone film would be my recommendation. They did it with SF so could easily do so again.

Obviously Craig is going to insist on some 'angle' on the character but there is nothing that says it HAS to be about Madeleine and Blofeld. Get a decent writer in and anything is possible.