No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2017 Posts: 10,588
    barryt007 wrote: »
    The Studio rumour seems more concrete to me.
    Especially as names have been mentioned and NO studio has come out and said no,they are not interested.
    I was referring to the Craig rumour, but yes, that seems like a concrete story for sure.
  • RC7RC7
    The casting info tallies with something I've also heard.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    RC7 wrote: »

That I'll be cast as the new Moneypenny?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    What exactly is the casting info.? That someone has signed on right?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    What exactly is the casting info.? That someone has signed on right?

Yes, as far as we know. They won't tell us the rest, but they still lead us to believe that Craig is back.

It's another "trust me, I just know" situation.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    It's another "trust me, I just know" situation.
    A.K.A. Wavelink. ;)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'll wait for ggl007 to elaborate a bit before updating the thread.
  • RC7RC7
    If you read between the lines you'll understand what they mean.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    In 3 days, we should know the result of the strike authorization vote.
    Grasp to your straws all you want...
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    It's probably Sony. Their DN presentation suck up must have impressed Babs.
    bondjames wrote: »
    It's probably Sony. Their DN presentation suck up must have impressed Babs.

I would've been inclined to give them the gig just off that point alone. Wish I could've seen the mock up and what they chose from DN exactly.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Here's hoping!

At least there is something in the works at last. Re. studios. Not Miss Creasy.
    royale65 wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Here's hoping!

At least there is something in the works at last. Re. studios. Not Miss Creasy.

Indeed. Whether it becomes reality or not, it's refreshing having something to talk about finally.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 12,837
    It's been almost a year and a half since Spectre. Maybe it's naive of me since I have no idea how long these things usually take but I did expect for them to have sorted the distributor business by now (because as far as I understand it, they can't really move any further forward into production until it's done, can they?).

If Craig has signed on wouldn't they have announced it already to put rest to the "xxx will be the next Bond" rumours? I don't know. I know we've all said this a million times by now but I'd just like some concrete news. It was alright back in the Brosnan era when I had the videogames to tide me over between the films, and even as they started to go downhill during the DC era I was reading all the novels for the first time so I still had some new Bond to enjoy. At the minute I don't really have anything to get my Bond fix. I've been thinking for a while of getting into the new comics or the older continuation novels (the Gardener and Benson ones, I've already read Colonel Sun, Solo and Trigger Mortis) to tide me over until Horowitz's next book (next year right?), and hopefully we'll have had some proper news by the time that's released.

I'm finding it hard to be optimistic for a 2018 release so if any of you lot who are much more knowledgeable about the film business than me want to reassure me and tell me there's still time then that'd be great :wink: [-O<
    A proper Bond video game (with DC) would be truly appreciated.
  • DonnyDB5 wrote: »

A Bond video game would be appreciated period. Been so long since the last one.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

A Bond video game would be appreciated period. Been so long since the last one.

At this point, I wouldn't care who the developer was, just give me a proper, new Bond game.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Finally, here I am. Crazy day, sorry.

Well, as all of you could understand there's nothing much I can say. Even all of the Archivo 007 staff members were not sure to post anything, through the fault of the vagueness of the news.

All that I can add is that we have a solid source and that we have never published something that we consider a rumour.

Much more interesting than the Craig signing (or not), I think it is the signing of whoever for Bond 25. That means that preproduction is more than started and we are in April'17! Can we guess 2018 release date??

(By the way, we are not "angry", we are sad to express ourselves this way, but all of you who had contacts in a really confidential world like the cinema one, knows that if you may tell something, you never can't say names...)
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Finally, here I am. Crazy day, sorry.

Well, as all of you could understand there's nothing much I can say. Even all of the Archivo 007 staff members were not sure to post anything, through the fault of the vagueness of the news.

All that I can add is that we have a solid source and that we have never published something that we consider a rumour.

Much more interesting than the Craig signing (or not), I think it is the signing of whoever for Bond 25. That means that preproduction is more than started and we are in April'17! Can we guess 2018 release date??

(By the way, we are not "angry", we are sad to express ourselves this way, but all of you who had contacts in a really confidential world like the cinema one, knows that if you may tell something, you never can't say names...)

Very, very interesting! Am I allowed to get even a little excited yet?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Irrespective of what happens, I'm not convinced this will come out before 2019. I'll be highly amazed and concerned if this gets released next year.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Irrespective of what happens, I'm not convinced this will come out before 2019. I'll be highly amazed and concerned if this gets released next year.
    What surprises me is that they've possibly locked down a stunt double without a script or a distribution deal.
    I think they do have a script but are being very very hush-hush about it so nothing gets leaked out
    edited April 2017 Posts: 23,883
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    I think they do have a script but are being very very hush-hush about it so nothing gets leaked out
    That's possible. These leaks do look suspiciously coordinated. P&W first, then the Craig rumours hit the waves a few weeks back, then the distribution discussion yesterday and coincidentally the signing of a stunt double on the same day.

It's almost like by the time the rumour hits the press, it's a already a fact or further along than anticipated. At least we can hope.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Yes, at least we can hope. 8-|
    Some real movement, finally! Script is being written. Distributors are wining & dining EON (Sony even going to the expense of building a Dr No set for the meeting!). Daniel's schedule is looking clear and Aston Martin revealing a new DB will be seen in Bond 25. Lots of activity. I just wonder if they're close to getting a director yet? Exciting stuff.
    Kill Bond off in Craig's last film. That would be an interesting scenario. Can't see it happening though.
    LeChiffre wrote: »
    Kill Bond off in Craig's last film. That would be an interesting scenario. Can't see it happening though.

Me neither. I can see that hurting the franchise
    bondjames wrote: »
    It's almost like by the time the rumour hits the press, it's a already a fact or further along than anticipated. At least we can hope.

Very interesting

Would be even more confusing for general audiences when Bond dies at the end, just for the credits to flash the usual 'JAMES BOND WILL RETURN' tagline.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

I agree, and it would look a bit too derivative of another recent film. I actually think the end of SPECTRE, with Bond driving away with Madeline, would have been a great ending for Craig's last appearance. I don't want to see him die; let him go off and enjoy a life of excessive pleasure and relaxation.