No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited April 2017 Posts: 40,368
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    I ain't expecting anything sadly!

It's better that way, doesn't set you up for disappointment, only the possibility of surprise.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I guarantee we won't hear anything about B25 until the tail-end of this year or later.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I guarantee we won't hear anything about B25 until the tail-end of this year or later.
    agreed

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    I wonder if they will even mention bond 25?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    007Blofeld wrote: »

If the writers strike happens, they will probably just say "Bond 25 is still in development".
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    jake24 wrote: »
    When is the next MGM conference call? Early May?

I do know someone who would have the answer take it away @AlexanderWaverly =D> :-bd B-) \m/

If the writers strike happens, they will probably just say "Bond 25 is still in development".

...and that it should go into production in the next few years.
  • RC7RC7
    The information people crave is not going to be announced on a conference call.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

What do you offer in the form of this guarantee?
    Not saying it wont happen, but to guarantee it, that's a pretty tall order.
    As with anything Bond related patience is the key. Any long term fan knows that. EON will let us the fans know, when they're good and ready, and they want us to know something. Till then it's a waiting game.

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I don't see a 51 year old Craig doing another Bond film. Sadly. But understandable. It also would be hard to sell to the public after another four year gap. And no, M:I Cruise is not an argument that counts.

2019 with a new Bond actor is possible if they are already at it. Otherwise prepare for 2020.
    I don't see a 51 year old Craig doing another Bond film. Sadly. But understandable. It also would be hard to sell to the public after another four year gap. And no, M:I Cruise is not an argument that counts.

2019 with a new Bond actor is possible if they are already at it. Otherwise prepare for 2020.

That's my worry. They probably wrapped on SPECTRE thinking Dan would return, not aware that the distributor business would take so long, and this possible strike. IMO, it will be like 1989-1995, 2002-2006, 2008-2012 where things are up in the air for a while.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Now that the others mentioned it, I believe there's some political discussion embarking behind the scenes. I mean, perhaps with the recent turnouts, some of the crew are arguing over which direction should they take. That's another guess. Unless someone tells me the otherwise.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2017 Posts: 23,883

That's my worry. They probably wrapped on SPECTRE thinking Dan would return, not aware that the distributor business would take so long, and this possible strike. IMO, it will be like 1989-1995, 2002-2006, 2008-2012 where things are up in the air for a while.
    I on the other hand feel that they knew exactly what they were doing when they concluded SP, and Mendes and Craig (at the time) had no intention of returning. Hence the ending as it was, with its obvious TDKR approach. They fully intended at that time to close it out, but wanted to keep it open ended because....well because "never say never".
    Now that the others mentioned it, I believe there's some political discussion embarking behind the scenes. I mean, perhaps with the recent turnouts, some of the crew are arguing over which direction should they take. That's another guess. Unless someone tells me the otherwise.
    My thoughts as well, and I believe that extends to the actor also. As time progresses, new ideas come in and are probably being thrashed out. Perhaps Craig intends to do one more now, as is being reported. Perhaps it's just a deflection until they get some clarity on distributor and approach so they can make a big announcement of a change (and he's in on it). Perhaps there's a faction that wants him back and one that doesn't. Nobody knows for sure, and we will all know in time.
    like I said as strange as it sounds I feel like I traded Bond Yes and Batman for MacGyver as those 3 are kind of stalling and well MacGyver now has a season 2... BUT I do hope we get a 25th bond film soon enough... I have a feeling (just a feeling I know nothing) that this summer Bond 25's release date and director will be announced and also announcing if Craig will be back or not (and I could care less what people think if Craig leaves my hope is for Fassbender or Hardy as both of them just feel very Conneryesque Tough and dark yet willing to have fun)

But so this post feels more in tune with news..

Purvis and Wade back I like my hope is they are smart and adapt You only live Twice they are strongest when adapting a book (looking at their weakest film Die Another Day really if they went with the original plan of the film ending exactly like the book moonraker and they cut out a few of the groaning one liners the film would actually be pretty solid and dare I say it top 10 so when adapting Fleming while they aren't great writers they are far from bad)

Cyprus as a potential location: I could see it working as where they are keeping Blofeld honestly and I think that his escape off Cyprus could be a great action sequence (no idea how Bond would be involved but still)

I would be fine with Lionsgate being the Distribution partner...

Over all there isn't a bit of news (besides the lack of news) that is troubling me..

51 is not old for Bond
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2017 Posts: 15,686
    (Please disregard, I pressed 'post comment' by accident.)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    fjdinardo wrote: »

51 is not old for Bond
    I'm 53. so I agree :D
    talos7 wrote: »

51 is not old for Bond
    I'm 53. so I agree :D

Lies! You look like Hugh Jackman in his late 30's.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

51 is not old for Bond

Even if it was, Dan's a bloody tank.
    Let's wait how Dan looks in 2019. One can age quite a bit within four years at that age.
    I rather Craig quits on a high like SPECTRE than delivering something like DAF or AVTAK (from the age perspective)
    Let's wait how Dan looks in 2019. One can age quite a bit within four years at that age.
    I rather Craig quits on a high like SPECTRE than delivering something like DAF or AVTAK (from the age perspective)

His age is even more prevalent with these longer breaks between films. Was quite the jump seeing him in QoS and then SF four years after.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 2,115
    jake24 wrote: »
    When is the next MGM conference call? Early May?

I do know someone who would have the answer take it away @AlexanderWaverly =D> :-bd B-) \m/

Early to mid-May. At the end of the last conference call, Barber said something like, "See you on our next call in May." He didn't specify a date. In 2016, the conference call concerning first-quarter results was on May 12.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 2,115
    RC7 wrote: »

The most significant news I can remember coming out on one of these calls was in November 2012 when Gary Barber announced John Logan had been hired to write Bond 24 and Bond 25. On other occasions (like the most recent call), Bond doesn't even get mentioned.
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »

The most significant news I can remember coming out on one of these calls was in November 2012 when Gary Barber announced John Logan had been hired to write Bond 24 and Bond 25. On other occasions (like the most recent call), Bond doesn't even get mentioned.

Exactly.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote: »

His age is even more prevalent with these longer breaks between films. Was quite the jump seeing him in QoS and then SF four years after.

This happens with every Bond that sticks around a reasonable time, especially a man who is going to cross Roger's record of served time.

I think Dan has looked better film to film than Sean did in aging just two years from TB to YOLT, or four years after YOLT to DAF, where he looked a decade past his real age. The difference with Dan is, although it's clear he's aging as any man would, he still looks capable in the role. That can't be said for even Sean, and Roger got old fast, simply because he started the role near middle age. I think Dan is in a fine spot, and he's willing to put in the work to look the part, which is a lot of the battle. SF also established him as the old dog still in the game, so any wear on him gives credence to the character his Bond is as a determined but raggedy mutt.
    It hasn't happened with anyone but Connery (his return to DAF, and if you want to count it, NSNA) and Craig, though - these large breaks, I mean. Everyone else had the typical two-year wait between films, so the aging wasn't as noticeable.

Of course, that's not to say that Craig is looking ancient, but he does look significantly older from QoS to SF, and arguably SF to SP.
    But there's only so far you can push the "old dog" shtick. Like you say, they were doing that in Skyfall, five years ago. Is it really going to seem fresh in 2019? Not only that but if they are retelling the story of OHMSS, then we will have another "revenge story", another "Bond going rogue" story, and another "Bond is past it" story all rolled up into one.

And the Craig era is supposed to be the break from tradition and repetitive formula.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    It hasn't happened with anyone but Connery (his return to DAF, and if you want to count it, NSNA) and Craig, though - these large breaks, I mean. Everyone else had the typical two-year wait between films, so the aging wasn't as noticeable.

Of course, that's not to say that Craig is looking ancient, but he does look significantly older from QoS to SF, and arguably SF to SP.

It's obvious to me. After MR it was crazy how Moore was aging (not in a good way) film to film, until I thought he was my grandfather in AVTAK. I don't feel that with Dan, and as I said, he has never not looked the part, which I can't say for much of Moore's and 1/3 of Sean's.

I don't see the massive aging others do with Dan. SF he looked more weary, but that was also a purposeful choice by the production to make him worn and more jaded/edgy in appearance, including the shorter hair, to back up Bond's story of rising again in the film itself. He was supposed to look past it. I found him endlessly more youthful in SP, however, and he looked how I would expect the man of QoS to look in around seven year's time. For a man approaching 50, he's just killing it. No matter what he does, I always know I'm watching a man who could face his threats with serious tenacity and power, as Bond should look to be. Dan is the only Bond actor that I have consistently felt that for, from start to finish.
    Agree to disagree, then, as I feel an obvious difference between the latter three of Craig's era. Moore may have been too old by the end of his era, but the fact that he's 45 during LALD and looking that young is astounding. Somehow recently found this out, couldn't believe he was that old at the time. Always figured he was younger.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 9,020
    Craig looks quite a bit older in SPECTRE compared to SKYFALL.....but.....as he looks way better and more attractive in SPECTRE it didn't seem at all a bad thing that he aged.

So obviously, Craig could, could look even better at the age of 51. Who knows. We will see.