No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Craig will be back. You'll see. ;)
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited April 2017 Posts: 8,087
    Murdock wrote: »

But in 2018? If so, then I disagree. If you mean 2019 or later then you might be right, but that's not necessarily for the best.

But in 2018? If so, then I disagree. If you mean 2019 or later then you might be right, but that's not necessarily for the best.

He'll be back. It will happen when it happens. I have faith that others seem to have lost.
  • Risico007 wrote: »
    like I said as strange as it sounds I feel like I traded Bond Yes and Batman for MacGyver as those 3 are kind of stalling

Yes has been stalled for a looong time, my friend. They haven't had a real hit since "Owner of a Lonely Heart."
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

He'll be back. It will happen when it happens. I have faith that others seem to have lost.

Always happy to have you on Team Optimism (Team Logic & Sense wasn't as catchy), @Murdock. Like you, I refuse to spend my days sobbing or lamenting about the release of a film that will come sooner rather than later. Things just have to work themselves out, and when they do I am quite confident, if not downright certain, Dan will once again be leading the pack as 007. Nothing from what I've heard from his mouth post-SP has made me question his return, no matter how much entertainment "journalists" and a few fans here want to make him out to be enemy No. 1.
    Glad I'm not alone in that front. I wish there were more like us.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

As with SP, we'll have to settle with being in the minority...for now.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO

As with SP, we'll have to settle with being in the minority...for now.

With me, I hope.
    It's all so tedious
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Getafix wrote: »
    It's all so tedious

Yes, I agree.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Let's wait how Dan looks in 2019. One can age quite a bit within four years at that age.
    I rather Craig quits on a high like SPECTRE than delivering something like DAF or AVTAK (from the age perspective)
    Quits on a high? Are we watching the same spectre?

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    When is the next MGM conference call? Early May?

I do know someone who would have the answer take it away @AlexanderWaverly =D> :-bd B-) \m/

Early to mid-May. At the end of the last conference call, Barber said something like, "See you on our next call in May." He didn't specify a date. In 2016, the conference call concerning first-quarter results was on May 12.

See what I tell ya he knows his stuff it's nice to have a go to guy >:D< B-)
    Let's wait how Dan looks in 2019. One can age quite a bit within four years at that age.
    I rather Craig quits on a high like SPECTRE than delivering something like DAF or AVTAK (from the age perspective)
    This is a very astute observation from @BondJasonBond006. Having passed the half century myself, I can tell you that just prior to that most people (in fact everyone) thought I looked in my late thirties... then BOOM, I crossed the 50 Rubicon and it was as if a switch had been thrown; my once thick and solidly brown hair suddenly began to turn grey. Add a few more years to that hallmark and I'm now almost entirely grey! My face has also suddenly gain more mileage. Still have all my hair, but what @BondJasonBond006 says is correct: the aging process suddenly speeds up. Dan had a craggy face before he hit 40, so some might not notice that much of a change. But trust me, he'll begin to look really facially old soon, despite having a fit body.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    bondsum wrote: »
    This is a very astute observation from @BondJasonBond006. Having passed the half century myself, I can tell you that just prior to that most people (in fact everyone) thought I looked in my late thirties... then BOOM, I crossed the 50 Rubicon and it was as if a switch had been thrown; my once thick and solidly brown hair suddenly began to turn grey. Add a few more years to that hallmark and I'm now almost entirely grey! My face has also suddenly gain more mileage. Still have all my hair, but what @BondJasonBond006 says is correct: the aging process suddenly speeds up. Dan had a craggy face before he hit 40, so some might not notice that much of a change. But trust me, he'll begin to look really facially old soon, despite having a fit body.

Sean actually started looking better past 50. His 40's were awkward.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Yes, it's been my observation that people tend to age in stages and the change into those stages happens quite rapidly and then there is a period of consistency with that new look (or stage). The change can be a little sudden though. I assume that most people change to a new look when they hit about the 50 mark. I noticed it with my father. He's pretty much retained that look since, although his hair has progressively gotten whiter from grey.

Regarding Craig: I thought he looked ok in SF (despite the short cut). To my eyes he looked markedly older in SP (despite the better and longer hair cut). There's something about his eyes and face that appear significantly aged in comparison to 2006-2008 in particular. Except during the White and L'Americain scenes where he looked like his old self. He also looks quite a bit older in some of the recent photos and clips that I have seen of him, including during the football match and when he did that Aston/puppy charity thing.
    talos7 wrote: »
    bondsum wrote: »

Sean actually started looking better past 50. His 40's were awkward.
    It was widely rumoured that Connery had a bit of cosmetic surgery around the eyes plus a little nip and tuck here and there. His wife made him pluck his heavy eyebrows, too, which made him look less heavy around the brow. Moore too had some cosmetic work before AVTAK, and not just the mole removal. I think Connery looked good past 50, but he tended to play grandfather type characters in the 80s and 90s before he retired.
    But he also had The Rock, The Hunt For Red October and even Medicine Man where he looked pretty fit and rugged.
    I know it could never had happened but I think had EON wanted, and Sean been agreeable he could have been good for a more mature Bond from 85 through 95.
    I know I would like to have those films in my library right now
    But he also had The Rock, The Hunt For Red October and even Medicine Man where he looked pretty fit and rugged.
    I know it could never had happened but I think had EON wanted, and Sean been agreeable he could have been good for a more mature Bond from 85 through 95.
    I know I would like to have those films in my library right now

I dunno. I would at the very least like to see how they'd explain a senior-age Bond still being in the service, but I think the whole idea would just come off horridly.
    We shall never know. I pulled up stills from Medicine Man and he looked great. As far as an older Bond still in service, someone clever could have made it work.
    We shall never know. I pulled up stills from Medicine Man and he looked great. As far as an older Bond still in service, someone clever could have made it work.

When people flip their lid over a minor character backstory for Blofeld, I have a hard time believing an old Bond at MI6 would be supported. Maybe I'm in the minority, however.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    How pissed off will you guys be if they incorporate the best bond storyline of " Bond! Your irrelevant .... we don't need spies!!!"
    Into bond 25
    How pissed off will you guys be if they incorporate the best bond storyline of " Bond! Your irrelevant .... we don't need spies!!!"
    Into bond 25

It's a theme, not a storyline for starters.
    Into bond 25

Was that the theme of the last two films? No more.
    Into bond 25

Was that the theme of the last two films? No more.

That was also something Mendes wanted to add, but with him out of the picture no other director would play with the same thing come Bond 25.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Connery aged very well past 50. But that's Connery.

I am 42 and I looked like 30 two years ago.
    Now I look my age, at least I feel that way.
    That's a decade in two years.
    Everybody ages differently.

I don't mind looking like 40 now and my body still looks like 30 and sure is fit and ripped.

Although compared to @talos7 I look like a toothpick :lol:

Craig looks quite a bit older now as in 2015.
    I still want him back but not past 2018.

I am not a Fleming purist but I do want Bond to look like Fleming's vision and I want him to be in the age range of the books.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    like I said as strange as it sounds I feel like I traded Bond Yes and Batman for MacGyver as those 3 are kind of stalling

Yes has been stalled for a looong time, my friend. They haven't had a real hit since "Owner of a Lonely Heart."

not to get too off topic but your wrong for both casual and hardcore fans. Rolling Stone ran a ton of front page articles on yes's 2011 album Fly From Here however I as a hard core fan am upset we have had a new yes album since 2014's Heaven & Earth...

But they like the bond producers keep saying soon/next year so eventually it will happen right?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    708 pages and for two years we've been killing time. ;)
    708 pages and for two years we've been killing time. ;)

the title of the new james bond film KILLING TIME ;)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Well the thread was started in January 2015 (well before SP's release even). Arguably that was too early, and it's not surprising that we don't have any news on B25, because this was always going to be a tricky situation with the distribution deal up for grabs. When has MGM surprised us by moving quicker than we expect? Exactly.