No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    So can I. In the meanwhile, I'll look forward to MI-6 instead, while these folks get their act together (including distribution, actors and what not).
    With the success of of GE after 6 years, the idea was to strike while the situation was hot and return to form with a new Bond every other year. I imagine after the 4 year gap following DAD the intention was probably the same with the massive successes of CR and QoS.

However, SF proved that a 4 year gap could work as a now regular interval successfully. Not much fear that a new Bond film won't be a massive hit, so apparently there's no reason to rush the films in this, the 21st century.

They could feasibly follow the patterns of, say, the Indiana Jones movies or Die Hard movies and maybe have one film per decade for the next 30 years.

I still prefer Bond to be a continuing tradition at the box office rather than an occasional event.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Not being dramatic. Just taking into account of what could happen. A distribution deal was supposed to be settled 13 months ago. So far, no word.

As I said, I won't go around and knock my head to the ground shouting for the nonexistence of a new Bond film. It will come, like all the ones before. When it comes, it comes. I can wait.

Anyone that thinks 6 years or anything close to that length will pass before we reach Bond 25, is being very dramatic.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Not being dramatic. Just taking into account of what could happen. A distribution deal was supposed to be settled 13 months ago. So far, no word.

As I said, I won't go around and knock my head to the ground shouting for the nonexistence of a new Bond film. It will come, like all the ones before. When it comes, it comes. I can wait.

Anyone that thinks 6 years or anything close to that length will pass before we reach Bond 25, is being very dramatic.
    I'm not saying it will be as long as a gap of six years longevity. But, I've taken into account that 'Bond 25' might not come out until 2020. I'm saying might. But, who knows? I can be deeply wrong. They might even announce a 2018 release by the end of this year. However, I won't be going blindly optimistic about it and will consider what chances do we have or does it have. But, by all means... I'm dramatic to some.
    Anything is possible at this point, because it's not the creative end that's holding things up. It's the business end, and believe me when I say anything is possible there until a deal is struck. I've seen it in other industries. Who thought they were going to be dealing with the Chinese, for instance?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

I'm not saying it will be as long as a gap of six years longevity. But, I've taken into account that 'Bond 25' might not come out until 2020. I'm saying might. But, who knows? I can be deeply wrong. They might even announce a 2018 release by the end of this year. However, I won't be going blindly optimistic about it and will consider what chances do we have or does it have. But, by all means... I'm dramatic to some.

You're far too sensible on the whole to be dramatic, that was just me being a tad cheeky. I was more referring to those beyond you who are seriously committed to the idea that a big "shake up" is coming, which I just don't see. I see downtime between blockbuster films, with regular industry challenges happening in the lead up to the next one. I would take this distribution issue over the financial crisis between QoS and SF or the major leaks of SP's time. This is actually one of the easier problems Bond has had recently, and boy do they crop up in the lead-in to every Craig film.

You're far too sensible on the whole to be dramatic, that was just me being a tad cheeky. I was more referring to those beyond you who are seriously committed to the idea that a big "shake up" is coming, which I just don't see. I see downtime between blockbuster films, with regular industry challenges happening in the lead up to the next one. I would take this distribution issue over the financial crisis between QoS and SF or the major leaks of SP's time. This is actually one of the easier problems Bond has had recently, and boy do they crop up in the lead-in to every Craig film.

Too true. Every Craig Bond has come out later than initially planned. CR originally was to come out in 2005 (albeit with possibly Brosnan), QoS originally was going to come out in May 2008, SF originally was going to come out in 2011 and the original intention was that SP would be out in 2014.
  • Bearing in mind the past isn't necessarily prologue, here's what happened with Bond 24/SPECTRE

--November 2012: John Logan's hiring to write Bond 24 and 25 is announced by Gary Barber on an investor conference call.

--mid-2013: This is based on information from the Sony hacks. Roughly around this time Logan submitted a treatment. It was in hand when in July 2013, the hiring of Mendes and a 2015 release date is announced by MGM, Sony and Eon.

-- March 2014: Logan turns in his first draft.

--Summer 2014: Purvis & Wade are summoned to rewrite Logan's work. No official announcement but Baz Bamigboye breaks the story for the Daily Mail. It's not confirmed (and even then in a backhanded way) until December 2014.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Getafix wrote: »
    This has got 89-95 written all over it.

Yes, absolutely. That's why they've taken time to do others projects. Between Bond eras is really the only opportunity they get. MGW is probably ready to retire anyway. This is actually pretty exciting - the first big shake up in over a decade!

I also feel like the longer break will force EON to focus on returning to the basics of Bond, and delivering more of a staple Bond adventure next time. More Brazen.

Is More Brazen the new Wave-Link?
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

I wouldn't be surprised at the rate they are going and the writers strike doesn't help things either
    007Blofeld wrote: »

I wouldn't be surprised at the rate they are going and the writers strike doesn't help things either

Oy. #-o
    I just hope their is no strike full stop!!! [-O<
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Red_Snow wrote: »

This is good =D>
    Hope they can get their act together and come out with a film each other year, max 3 year gaps.

If they give us another CR, it is alright to wait 4 years though.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Aston Martin Pulls Off a Rescue Even James Bond Could Appreciate
    nbcnews.com/business/autos/aston-martin-pulls-rescue-even-james-bond-could-appreciate-n740021

The DB11 is likely to be the immediate test for Aston, and it got a send-up from the most recent Bond film, SPECTRE, where a prototype, dubbed the DB10, was Agent 007's ride of choice. Aston officials hint the next spy thriller will feature even newer models, though they're not saying which ones.
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Crisis averted, now Purvis and Wade can get back to B25.
    nbcnews.com/business/autos/aston-martin-pulls-rescue-even-james-bond-could-appreciate-n740021

The DB11 is likely to be the immediate test for Aston, and it got a send-up from the most recent Bond film, SPECTRE, where a prototype, dubbed the DB10, was Agent 007's ride of choice. Aston officials hint the next spy thriller will feature even newer models, though they're not saying which ones.

They must have some sort of script in place if they are saying this
    edited March 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Aston officials hint the next spy thriller will feature even newer models, though they're not saying which ones.
    I can't say I'm pleased to read this.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Aston officials hint the next spy thriller will feature even newer models, though they're not saying which ones.

So long as they don't use the Valkyrie I'll be happy with whatever Aston brings to the table. Though, BMW is reportedly bringing back the 8 series, and I would love to see Bond driving one.
  • RC7RC7
    In other news, white is still white.
    As much as I love BMW Z8 Roadster, and with passion I'll add, I do sincerely hope they never make Bond drive a BMW again. Seriously, what were they thinking with the ugly and family-oriented 750il?

So long as they don't use the Valkyrie I'll be happy with whatever Aston brings to the table. Though, BMW is reportedly bringing back the 8 series, and I would love to see Bond driving one.
    I've seen the concept for that BMW 8, and it's quite a nice GT. I expect we'll see Hunt in it, because Cruise seems to have BMW locked down for product placement.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited March 2017 Posts: 8,127
    delete.

Here we go again getting off topic
    007Blofeld wrote: »

They must have some sort of script in place if they are saying this

• RC7RC7
    As much as I love BMW Z8 Roadster, and with passion I'll add, I do sincerely hope they never make Bond drive a BMW again. Seriously, what were they thinking with the ugly and family-oriented 750il?

I'm a big fan of the 750 chase (I know others aren't). It's one of those vehicles that adds to the idiosyncratic nature of Bond. I absolutely see why others wouldn't, but Bond works better when it takes you by surprise. The DB5 makes me snooze these days.

I wonder if Bond 25 will now follow in SP's stead and have Bond driving another newly designed, customized for the film kind of car that nobody else has.
    RC7 wrote: »

I'm a big fan of the 750 chase (I know others aren't). It's one of those vehicles that adds to the idiosyncratic nature of Bond. I absolutely see why others wouldn't, but Bond works better when it takes you by surprise. The DB5 makes me snooze these days.
    I love the chase, too. The chaos in that Hamburg garage is one of the best vehicular action sequences directed in the Bond series. It's the car itself that I'm not fond of.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere

I wonder if Bond 25 will now follow in SP's stead and have Bond driving another newly designed, customized for the film kind of car that nobody else has.
    Don't understand Aston Martin's strategy with that. Most people would want to buy the car because it was used in the film like in CR and QOS.