No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    RC7 wrote: »
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    Yes it's going to reach a point where it's too late for Craig to come back.

I've been thinking lately that that might be part of Eon's plan...

Why would that possibly be part of Eon's plan when it's been stated over and over again how valuable Craig is to them?

They don't seem to be in any hurry to do the next Bond film, despite Craig getting on in age. By busying themselves with other projects, perhaps it's a passive-aggressive way to eventually get to the point where Craig might say he's too old for it, or they can pull a shifty on Craig like they did with Brosnan and dump him for supposedly being too old/wanting younger blood.

Yes, this makes sense to me.

It's fanciful nonsense. You guys need some fresh air.

I agree. I don't for a second believe Eon has some elaborate plan to let Craig go.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

Why would that possibly be part of Eon's plan when it's been stated over and over again how valuable Craig is to them?

They don't seem to be in any hurry to do the next Bond film, despite Craig getting on in age. By busying themselves with other projects, perhaps it's a passive-aggressive way to eventually get to the point where Craig might say he's too old for it, or they can pull a shifty on Craig like they did with Brosnan and dump him for supposedly being too old/wanting younger blood.

But there is precedent for it within this franchise.
  • RC7RC7

But there is precedent for it within this franchise.

It's nonsense.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    The big difference is Craig isn't Dalton, he's just come off the back of the 2 most financially successful films of the series.

LTK was far from that and Dalton was never accepted in the eyes of the public the way Craig has been embraced.

Face it they are totally different situations.

I agree. I don't for a second believe Eon has some elaborate plan to let Craig go.

Barbara Broccoli is completely enamoured with DC they'll keep him as long as they can.
    They are working on ideas at least at the moment.
    Bond is too big to proceed without a distribution company,so that would slow things down..(although not for the length of time it has been already,since SP).
    Can production even begin without a distributor? I'm guessing not, but is it possible they could and then find a distributor while filming?

Also, will MGM host another conference some time later in the year? Maybe then we'll hear something.

They can plan everything. Write script, get people on board, buy props all that stuff but they can't execute anything until the distributor is in place
    I'm still thinking that what happened with the Sony leaks for Spectre that EON is being very hush hush. I think Bond 25 is being worked in right now and we just don't know it
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    I'm still thinking that what happened with the Sony leaks for Spectre that EON is being very hush hush. I think Bond 25 is being worked in right now and we just don't know it

That's what I'm hoping.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    So the MGM conference revealed nothing new. EON aren't giving us anything.
    Looks like it's a case of section 26, paragraph 5. Need to know.
    When there is news, we'll be the first to know.

Let's not waste time arguing for another five pages as to what might happen. Wait till something does happen.
    Good point,fine with me Benster.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I would imagine that distribution could impact overall budget, casting (to an extent) and perhaps even overall vision. However, it shouldn't impact location planning and/or stunt preparation etc. Paradoxically, the further along EON/MGM are in the process, perhaps the more sellable a film might be to a possible distributor.
  • RC7RC7
    fjdinardo wrote: »

We do know it's being worked on.

It's a case of waiting for some traction on the distribution.
    Benny wrote: »

Let's not waste time arguing for another five pages as to what might happen. Wait till something does happen.

That works in 1987, not 2017. Yes, it's well established that EON is sneaky but no production of this size could be very far along with preparations without something leaking out somewhere, even in the form of a persistent rumour. It's like preparing a stadium for a rock concert without making a sound bringing in the instruments.
    Benny wrote: »

That works in 1987, not 2017. Yes, it's well established that EON is sneaky but no production of this size could be very far along with preparations without something leaking out somewhere, even in the form of a persistent rumour. It's like preparing a stadium for a rock concert without making a sound bringing in the instruments.

Unless Eon has invested in an assassination department ;)
    In my opinion, there have been 3 slip ups lately. Perhaps it was intentional, but I doubt it. They are the helicopter story, the Croatia location story and the Omega CEO comment. I'm sure EON will lock down further unintended comments.
    I say it's time for Barbara Broccoli and Michale G Wilson to retire from the Bond franchise. They are tired and they are out of ideas. They should leave with dignity and hand the keys to Bond over to Gregg Wilson. Better yet, give those keys to Christopher Nolan.
  • DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Can production even begin without a distributor? I'm guessing not, but is it possible they could and then find a distributor while filming?

Also, will MGM host another conference some time later in the year? Maybe then we'll hear something.

Next earnings call is in May.
    I say it's time for Barbara Broccoli and Michale G Wilson to retire from the Bond franchise. They are tired and they are out of ideas. They should leave with dignity and hand the keys to Bond over to Gregg Wilson.

I agree, it's time Gregg took over, with guidance from Babs and MGW.
    I say it's time for Barbara Broccoli and Michale G Wilson to retire from the Bond franchise. They are tired and they are out of ideas. They should leave with dignity and hand the keys to Bond over to Gregg Wilson. Better yet, give those keys to Christopher Nolan.
    "Oh, to hell with dignity! I'll leave when the job's done!"

Next earnings call is in May.

May it is. Can we start holding out hope for a couple more months?
    bondjames wrote: »
    "Oh, to hell with dignity! I'll leave when the job's done!"

The difference is M was actually engaged in her work, not pursuing other interests.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Spectre was MGW's last Bond picture as producer.

Have you any idea how much experience is needed to control and produce a franchise like Bond? M G Wilson grew up with Bond and working closely with Cubby, and so did Barbara. And she put in the hard graft from working as a runner and up the ranks into assistant directing, then on LTK (when she was just 28) she was put in charge of coordinating the tank chase, which was no small task, and she did it brilliantly. Both she and her step-brother were working directly with Cubby, who even as an old man was still sharp as aces and in full control. Gregg Wilson is no doubt being prepared to step into his father's shoes when the time comes, but Barbara is younger than M G Wilson and firmly in command. She pushed for Craig. And that produced CR and SF, which were huge commercial and critical successes - and even the flawed QOS and, IMO, less flawed SP, made big bucks. BB is going nowhere - and also MGM, and which ever company they get in bed with for Bond 25, would not trust the franchise in anyone else's hands.
    ColonelSun wrote: »

Have you any idea how much experience is needed to control and produce a franchise like Bond? M G Wilson grew up with Bond and working closely with Cubby, and so did Barbara. And she put in the hard graft from working as a runner and up the ranks into assistant directing, then on LTK (when she was just 28) she was put in charge of coordinating the tank chase, which was no small task, and she did it brilliantly. Both she and her step-brother were working directly with Cubby, who even as an old man was still sharp as aces and in full control. Gregg Wilson is no doubt being prepared to step into his father's shoes when the time comes, but Barbara is younger than M G Wilson and firmly in command. She pushed for Craig. And that produced CR and SF, which were huge commercial and critical successes - and even the flawed QOS and, IMO, less flawed SP, made big bucks. BB is going nowhere - and also MGM, and which ever company they get in bed with for Bond 25, would not trust the franchise in anyone else's hands.

This.
  • RC7RC7
    ColonelSun wrote: »

Well said, Colonel.
    I will be very sad the day we have no more MGW cameo's in the Bond films...I always look out for him.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Bullshit
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Bullshit
    +1