No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

17190642_1653910897958669_6867473091477987102_n.jpg?oh=c54534b1ee9a055e5df7902bf80dc320&oe=596A91C9

@Peter this is the same as above link
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Oh, sh*t.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @fire_and_ice... Thank you... I suppose P&W better hit it out of the park, or no more Mr. Craig.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Finally something. =D>
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    While it may not be the news we were all hoping for, this is without a doubt the most concrete info we've had for B25 thus far. I suspect Baz will have proven himself accurate with this story just as he has in the past.
    It makes sense that Craig would want to see what type of Bond film #25 will be before committing.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I agree @fire_and_ice, and P&W better do a CR to get him back on board...
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Ugh. This might be the worst of both worlds. Purvis and Wade return and Craig could leave.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Im kind of surprised Babs is going back to the well... These are the guys that said in a recent interview that they wouldn't know where to begin to write the next one, after SP and world events (Trump and Brexit)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    At least some concrete news!

I was quite afraid P&W might have been coming back... But, here's to being grateful for at least having some news ahead!
    It will be 20 years of Purvis and Wade!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Get Paul Haggis back too! they made a great team.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 10,588
    Full article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4299532/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-ponders-play-007.html

New things to keep in mind:

-Baz surmises that cameras won't start rolling on the film until next autumn at the earliest

-Broccoli is supposedly eyeing Jack Huston as a potential successor to Craig and is "very keen" on a black Bond
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 386
    So lemme get this straight - the guys responsible for having Daniel Craig endure an existential crisis in every movie except Sceptre, which was kinda bland anyway, are now coming back to explore more mother/brother/father issues?

Looking forward to Bond quitting yet again to protect his long lost half sister against a rampant, freshly liberated Blofeld in some remote Mongolian hut.

Sigh...
    P&W - please do your best work yet. I like SP, but we need something a little more fresh.
    GetCarter wrote: »
    So lemme get this straight - the guys responsible for having Daniel Craig endure an existential crisis in every movie except Sceptre, which was kinda bland anyway, are now coming back to explore more mother/brother/sister issues?

Looking forward to Bond quitting yet again to protect his long lost half sister against a rampant, freshly liberated Blofeld in some remote Mongolian hut.

Sigh...
    These are likely motifs of Mendes', not P&W.
    These jokers brought Bond from rookie to retirement within three movies. Can't believe they'd be asked back. No wonder Craig is wary.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @MrKissKiss, my number one fan, don't you have a problem with P&W? I thought you had issues with storytelling (outside of SF??)???

Don't you think, from a story perspective, it's time for fresh blood??
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    edited March 2017 Posts: 1,755
    So when he says "next autumn", is he referring to 2017 or not until 2018?

Also, how long exactly are we looking at for these guys to complete a storyline?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

Also, how long exactly are we looking at for these guys to complete a storyline?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I'm disappointed to read this news about P & W. I suppose they've earned the respect of Babs and Co. after they ostensibly salvaged whatever junk was originally devised for SP.

Not surprised about Craig being undecided. That's what I surmised from previous articles, Harris's comments etc. He's playing it close to the vest and I believe he will be true to his prior remarks - if it looks like he has nothing new left to give or say based on the script, he will be gone.
    Jack Huston reminds me a bit of a more doughy Johnny Depp, and a black Bond getting mentioned isn't a good sign either. More than anything, another radical departure from what people think of as Bond simply isn't needed. The franchise is on firm ground now.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    edited March 2017 Posts: 1,755
    "Producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson have made it very clear to Craig that they would like him to return for Bond 25 but the truth is, he hasn't decided yet — though I hear he's keener to do it than not"

That's good news at least.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    News! Finally! Not so happy about dumb and dumber coming back, but I can live with them.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

We don't know for sure. But, it sounds like he is talking about 2018.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Now I'd like to know who's going to be composing the film. I sure hope it's not Newman again. I'll be really irate if he's back.
  • Jazz007Jazz007 Minnesota
    Jack Huston reminds me a bit of a more doughy Johnny Depp, and a black Bond getting mentioned isn't a good sign either. More than anything, another radical departure from what people think of as Bond simply isn't needed. The franchise is on firm ground now.

Yeah.... I don't see how Huston would inherently make a good Bond.

I also don't see why a black Bond would be good for the series. It can't be inherently bad - I mean, not sure how much worse than Brosnan any actor could be, regardless of color - but why, other than trying to bask in some kind of SJW status, would anyone be "keen" on casting a Bond based on skin pigmentation?
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    jake24 wrote: »
    Full article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4299532/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-ponders-play-007.html

New things to keep in mind:

-Baz surmises that cameras won't start rolling on the film until next autumn at the earliest

-Broccoli is supposedly eyeing Jack Huston as a potential successor to Craig and is "very keen" on a black Bond

Jack Huston isn't black so BB can't be that keen; Huston is also in the weaker candidate pool, not that I believe this, but it's not welcome news.

Purity starts end of summer so this Autumn is out... why another year wait to film if Craig is not signed for anything else after Purity.

P&W are only good with a book and Haggis rewriting everything. They are only capable of coming up with some good set pieces. I think new blood can do that and more. If this is true it's another tired, safe decision on EON's part.

But I'm skeptical of all this news.

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Jazz007 wrote: »

Yeah.... I don't see how Huston would inherently make a good Bond.

I also don't see why a black Bond would be good for the series. It can't be inherently bad - I mean, not sure how much worse than Brosnan any actor could be, regardless of color - but why, other than trying to bask in some kind of SJW status, would anyone be "keen" on casting a Bond based on skin pigmentation?

Agreed. Not the Brosnan bashing, but everything else.
    I watched Huston in Pride and Prejudice and Zombies recently, not for a micro second did I ponder he would make a good James Bond.