No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Hopefully we get an announcement like this for bond 25 this is encouraging if they are back focused on bond again. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/behind-screen/ron-perelman-s-scientific-games-inks-james-bond-licensing-deal-984384
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    MGM says nothing about Bond 25 on conference call: https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2017/03/08/mgm-says-nothing-about-bond-25-on-conference-call/

And we were 100% sure we'd get even a tiny bit of news...
  • gt007 wrote: »
    MGM says nothing about Bond 25 on conference call: https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2017/03/08/mgm-says-nothing-about-bond-25-on-conference-call/

Not even *one question* from the shareholders.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Shame, but not surprising in the slightest.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Wow, this is beyond frustrating. There are no words.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    So, can we now say with certainty that 2018 is off the table? Or not yet?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Not yet. We'll likely have a better picture of where they are in a few months.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Hopefully we get an announcement like this for bond 25 this is encouraging if they are back focused on bond again. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/behind-screen/ron-perelman-s-scientific-games-inks-james-bond-licensing-deal-984384
    gt007 wrote: »

Yep, wonderful day to be a Bond fan. Both pieces of news are lousy. Exclusive rights for Bond-gaming given to a slot machine company, and nothing about B25 from MGM.
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Yep, wonderful day to be a Bond fan. Both pieces of news are lousy. Exclusive rights for Bond-gaming given to a slot machine company, and nothing about B25 from MGM.
    Haha, too true.
    Damn.
    To think we could be living in a world where this is the trailer of Bond 25

• SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    jake24 wrote: »

Okay. But the chances for 2018 are now very slim, IMO.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 10,588

I'm certainly leaning that way.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

My bet is still on 2019, but that slot machine thing has me questioning EON's sanity and ability to make decisions. One can only hope they don't screw that up too and go beyond 2019 for B25's release.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself

My bet is still on 2019, but that slot machine thing has me questioning EON's sanity and ability to make decisions. One can only hope they don't screw that up too and go beyond 2019 for B25's release.

It could even be 2020 if they don't get their act together
    2018 is pretty much off the table. we would have heard whispers of directors if 2018 was going to happen.

Craig is getting his finale in 2019 or 2020 likely.
    Do they just don't think bond is important for them anymore or what I mean who cares about remakes money still on 2019 ohmss anniversary and probably a similar storyline for bond 25 https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2017/03/08/mgm-says-nothing-about-bond-25-on-conference-call/
    After Craig's final Bond in 2020, I hope they get the next one out in five-to-six years.

Then every four years. By that time we should have a plenty of Mission Impossible movies :)

Not even *one question* from the shareholders.
    Very frustrating I mean come on I would have grilled them
    That's very sad news then I was hoping for a 2018 release, guess I got 24 movies to go through ten times each over the next 3 years
    That's very sad news then I was hoping for a 2018 release, guess I got 24 movies to go through ten times each over the next 3 years
    Me too
    :-w
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It will be here in 2018.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Good thing I wasn't excited. Knew it was going to disappoint a lot, here. It's worse than I imagined. No "Bond 25 is in development" statement even. Ah well...
    Is there no question then about 2018? No way?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Good thing I wasn't excited. Knew it was going to disappoint a lot, here. It's worse than I imagined. No "Bond 25 is in development" statement even. Ah well...

Still managed to get several posts - an article about there being no news.
    It did, yes. But, I liken most of the posts to paying respects to the dead or offering condolences, if you catch my drift.
  • RC7RC7

I already told you that B25 is in development. Did anyone seriously think they were going to get a nice juicy tidbit from this conference call? Once the distributor situation is locked/resolved the other information you want should arrive imminently. Until then just sit tight.
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 4,325
    I did say there would be nothing new on the conference call - Bond 25 isn't moving until a distribution deal is done - soon as that is done it's on.
    RC7 wrote: »

I already told you that B25 is in development. Did anyone seriously think they were going to get a nice juicy tidbit from this conference call? Once the distributor situation is locked/resolved the other information you want should arrive imminently. Until then just sit tight.

Well Dalton's Bond 17 was officially announced as being in production and then nothing happened, so at these times nothing is guaranteed. There will almost certainly be another film but when is anyone's guess. I don't think Craig, EON, Mendes, MGM or anyone else is really fully in control of what's happening.
  • RC7RC7
    Getafix wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »

Well Dalton's Bond 17 was officially announced as being in production and then nothing happened, so at these times nothing is guaranteed. There will almost certainly be another film but when is anyone's guess. I don't think Craig, EON, Mendes, MGM or anyone else is really fully in control of what's happening.

No, nothing is gauranteed, but as of now locking a distributor is the obstacle.
    I thought Bond is MGM´s main source of income? Don´t they lose money then if they for whatever reason don´t produce another Bond film?