No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Don't forget we have a lovely thread dedicated to discussing the size of Tom Hardy's..ear lobes.

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/10108/who-should-could-be-a-bond-actor#latest

All of these posts may get a few hearts racing, thinking that there is something to report.
    ;)
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 4,325
    barryt007 wrote: »
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Not unless he has leg implants to get above 5' 8"!!!
    Craig is only 5' 9"...I don't think an inch is a problem.

Craig is 5'10''; Hardy is 5'9''
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2017 Posts: 23,883
    These reported heights are almost always inaccurate anyway, especially for the short ones. Pay no attention to them and subtract a few inches (at most) to get to the real deal.
  • RC7RC7
    I've stood near to Craig and he's pretty much my height, 5' 10".
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    bondjames wrote: »
    Hardy would be excellent in a Bond film.....as a villain.
    I agree. Love him as an actor but not as Bond.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited January 2017 Posts: 3,157
    Hardy is literally perfect for the role.

Your sentence makes no sense. Avoid using "literally" unless absolutely necessary.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 37
    Would love it to be Nolan directed, with Craig. Tom Hardy would be terrific as a brutal new henchman, possibly Blofeld's replacement for Hinx? Get Sharon Stone in as Irma Bunt, with Waltz returning, and you would have three great villians all after Bond !
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    "I have pills for everything, some make you taller some make you forget."
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited January 2017 Posts: 4,116
    "I have pills for everything, some make you taller some make you forget."

Love that line. Very memorable (for me) but quiet moment in that film.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

She said: "I love Barbara Broccoli and Stephanie [Wenborn] and the Eon team and obviously Michael Wilson. I met them recently and said, 'What's going on guys? Because everybody keeps asking me.' I was believing the hype. I was like, 'Is it Tom Hiddleston? What's going on?' They were like, 'Naomie, nothing is happening.' Because they're doing another film at the moment. They were like, 'We are focusing on this film. We have nothing to do with that.' "
  • I suspect that article is purely speculating/bs'ing about the studio looking for replacements because Craig refuses to speak with them. Then again, that could be the case. He may be holding out for a better offer. He may just not know if he wants to do one more or not. We simply don't know.

I do believe that Naomi really doesn't know anything, and I'm sure she prefers it that way until EON makes it public!
    Maybe Craig is out after all. They have been silent & dismissive for too long.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Perhaps 2020 isn't unrealistic, or 2021?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    He's a busy working actor. He's not obligated to give off Bond progress reports.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 2,115
    jake24 wrote: »

She said: "I love Barbara Broccoli and Stephanie [Wenborn] and the Eon team and obviously Michael Wilson. I met them recently and said, 'What's going on guys? Because everybody keeps asking me.' I was believing the hype. I was like, 'Is it Tom Hiddleston? What's going on?' They were like, 'Naomie, nothing is happening.' Because they're doing another film at the moment. They were like, 'We are focusing on this film. We have nothing to do with that.' "

Eon can do all the location scouting, etc. it wants but not much is going to happen if Barbara Broccoli isn't focused on it. She appears (emphasis on appears) to be concentrating on her non-Bond interests for now.

Your mileage may vary.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Wow. Disappointing times.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited January 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Why can't anyone, and by "anyone" I mean the so-called journalists and magazine editors, wait for the word to become public from the officials and just keep publishing laughable stories? Like that "Craig received $150 Million offer for two films" balderdash, for example. It will happen eventually. It's not like Bond's future is in the air. Wait and then post articles regarding the facts you have and add some narrative from your part. That's as good as it gets.

Hiddleston? Turner? Hardy? Some I-don't-know-who? Craig is not out yet. When he makes the statement public, then you start speculating who's taking over.

Like he said in a half hidden frustrated but calm voice: "I'm not gone, yet."
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 11,425
    talos7 wrote: »
    I don't want "bloat" and forced self importance. I'm ready for a Bond film that's lean, mean, stylish and fun

I think you're probably right. Nolan's output has become ponderous and unfocused. He's lost the early intensity and clarity.

But there's something about the idea of him doing a Bond that just makes me think they have to try it. It's like Cubby turning down Spirlberg - there'll always be that 'what if' around the subject of Nolan never gets a crack of the whip. The thing that maybe stands against him is that as others have noted, Mendes was basically riffing off of Nolan's batman when he did Skyfall - with IMO fairly disappointing results.

I am not sure about Hardy. In Batman the Revenant and Mad Max he was totally incoherent. I don't think I've ever seen him in a film where I understood a word he was saying.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Getafix wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever seen him in a film where I understood a word he was saying.

"Locke", what a great movie.

Looks like we've never left November 2015. There is no Bond 25 even remotely in development.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Looks like we've never left November 2015. There is no Bond 25 even remotely in development.

I'm convinced this thread will hit 800-1,000 pages before we get our first bit of real news. Sad.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I'm convinced this thread will hit 800-1,000 pages before we get our first bit of real news. Sad.

Then again, it's still only January. They're in post production Film Stars Don't Die In Liverpool. I still feel if they started B25 development by spring, we could get it next year. Not impossible. It's still in preliminary development I assume?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Development was to begin during the Spring months of 2016, according to Babs.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Then again, it's still only January. They're in post production Film Stars Don't Die In Liverpool. I still feel if they started B25 development by spring, we could get it next year. Not impossible. It's still in preliminary development I assume?

They're still waiting for this entire distribution deal to be sorted out, aren't they? Surely they aren't even tossing around script ideas at this point (considering we still have no idea if Craig is returning or not) or scouting locations, but who knows.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    According to @RC7, they have in-house writers so obviously they are working on a story idea, at least.
    According to @RC7, they have in-house writers so obviously they are working on a story idea, at least.
    No doubt about that. Which begs the question, are Eon authorized to begin the hiring of major creative talent prior to a distribution deal being sorted out? Would it even matter?

Then they must be kicking around a lot of ideas, because surely the script for Craig's fifth film and Bond #7's first film would be much, much different.