No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Felix can be as bad as Bond, too. Wright's Leiter definitely has the daringness about him:
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Mendes has given us the best Bond since GE, he can come back but please dispose of P+W+L and Newman.

SF ? ...yes it is a very good film Jason ;)

=)) joke of the year
    Mendes has given us the best Bond since GE, he can come back but please dispose of P+W+L and Newman.

SF ? ...yes it is a very good film Jason ;)

=)) joke of the year

I thought you would like that one ;)

edited January 2017 Posts: 15,423
    I guess Eon's quiet nature is a strike back at the leaks when we all knew what they had in mind, and this is their comeback at the audience where all of us are pretty much left in the dark.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I guess Eon's quiet nature is a strike back at the leaks when we all knew what they had in mind, and this is their comeback at the audience where all of us are pretty much left in the dark.
    That was my assumption as well.
    Yes they at probably back working on only hard copies of scripts etc.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Are EON even authorized to be recruiting talent prior to MGM securing a distribution deal?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    EON really can't be blamed if they're going through that strategy. Long before the film was out people knew the plan and how the movie would play out, with news being reported on the leaks so heavily that it was impossible to be spoiled at times.

That no doubt deflated expectations for SP, much like you'd lose interest or anticipation for a film that spoils everything in their trailers. If EON were represented as painters working on their art in a gallery here (for metaphor's sake), the equivalent of the Sony leaks would be a team breaking into their studio, ripping their art off the walls and mass producing prints of it for their own profit and devaluing it.

It's nothing less than artistic theft, and quite defamatory at that. Nobody should have their work related e-mails or creations ripped off or plastered everywhere for people to see. People cover leaks like they're exciting happenings, completely missing the fact that peoples' privacy was exploited for a headline by media outlets and designed to prove a rather self-indulgent point by some worthless hackers whose worth as human beings make them the hemorrhoids of mankind. People think hacking is thrilling and exciting and rebelliously moral until it happens to them.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    RC7 wrote: »
    Would love for Bond to visit Felix at his gaffe and realise that he's banging Lucia.

I nice idea, but it reminds me a bit of the Mathis gaffe scene from QoS. I can only imagine it playing out in a similar way.
  • RC7RC7
    Getafix wrote: »

EON have in-house writers, who aren't necessarily 'the' writers. This process is always chugging along.

EON have in-house writers, who aren't necessarily 'the' writers. This process is always chugging along.

Now that's interesting. I did not know that.

@RC7 I hope you don't mind me asking, but how do you know that?

I would do unspeakable things to get on that team. Truly unspeakable things.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Getafix wrote: »

Which makes the whole Logan script fiasco all the more perplexing.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    They need Roger Spottiswoode back at the helm.

Nah, man, Lewis Gilbert is tanned, rested and ready at 95!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Well hell, why stop there, Even if through bone marrow, there has to be a way to get ahold of some Fleming DNA. Clone him and set him off to Goldeneye to write.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 4,622
    It wouldn't surprise me @Getafix ,but God I hope not.
    I do believe that Babs is biding her time, entertaining the idea of both of her boys coming back, to put a big final cap on this drama.
    So yes, I am wagering a Craig swan song as Bond, and for Mendes a third go-round as lead villain, and then it will finally be over and we can start fresh again.
    Meantime Mendes may be mulling that Bunt back-story, mentioned a few posts back. Shudder.

• RC7RC7
    Pushee wrote: »

Now that's interesting. I did not know that.

@RC7 I hope you don't mind me asking, but how do you know that?

I would do unspeakable things to get on that team. Truly unspeakable things.

I have friends in low places.

I have friends in low places.

Those are the very best kind.
  • The process may be "chugging along," but until Barbara Broccoli completes her current cycle of plays and non-Bond films, there's only so much that can happen. Eventually, decisions have to be made.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    For all we know she already has a release date in mind.
    Yeah, November 6th 2019.
  • talos7 wrote: »
    For all we know she already has a release date in mind.

She doesn't set release dates. The studios, which also finance the movie, set the release date.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Naomie Harris talking Bond at the BAFTA LA tea party on the eve of the Golden Globes.

The British actress, who starred as Moneypenny in 2012's Skyfall and Spectre in 2015, has earned a Golden Globe nomination for her performance in coming-of-age drama Moonlight and is being tipped for recognition at the Academy Awards.

But Harris, 40, said she wanted to continue appearing in Bond films "for as long as they'll have me".

Speaking at Bafta LA's tea party on the eve of the Golden Globes, Harris told the Press Association: "I'm obsessed with Bond because I love the team behind it. I love (producer) Barbara Broccoli and it really is a family and I would never want to leave that family.

"I'm very proud to be part of it."

Harris has previously spoken of her desire to see Daniel Craig return as 007 following speculation he may leave the role.

On the red carpet, she repeated her call for Craig to star in the next Bond film, adding: "Whoever it is should have the Bond qualities we love so much, that enigma, that sex appeal, we want to really believe he's capable of killing people and protecting the world."
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    "Whoever it is should have the Bond qualities we love so much, that enigma, that sex appeal, we want to really believe he's capable of killing people and protecting the world."
    Interesting. The seeds of doubt being planted?
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    "Whoever it is should have the Bond qualities we love so much, that enigma, that sex appeal, we want to really believe he's capable of killing people and protecting the world."

raw

raw
    Haha! Definitely in the right place to use that, @dominicgreene! :))
  • robcoperobcope St. Petersburg, FL
    This is killing me. 18 months since the end of SP's production and nothing. Damn you, Babs!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    robcope wrote: »
    This is killing me. 18 months since the end of SP's production and nothing. Damn you, Babs!

You're in Florida. Go...golfing or something.

Golfing, Braders? Or smuggling a gold bullion? ;)
  • robcoperobcope St. Petersburg, FL

Is that all we do?

Is that all we do?

I believe there's surfing too (?).