No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

tanaka123 wrote: »
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    They need Roger Spottiswoode back at the helm.
    If you're not joking, then I applaud you, sir. I also would love me another TND. Besides, Spottiswoode was wonderful at directing the action setpieces.

After Judi Dench mentioned she nearly ran him over Barbara Broccoli said that she should have done so that she could do the job for them - don't think Spottiswoode will be back somehow. Also it was Vic Armstrong who directed the action in TND.
    Agreed. I also heard there have been too many backlashes on the set regarding Spottiswoode. Then again, Teri Hatcher also caused them problems and even went as far to slap Brosnan. But, after that kind of troubled production and the pressure given to the writing department to complete the script even during shooting, TND turned out a great a film, in my opinion.

Yeah it's amazing how they pulled it off really. I believe Feirstein's final draft was officially submitted only weeks before principal photography ended.
    Teri Hatcher was a pain in the arse on production apparently ,and Pierce got annoyed with her on many occasions,especially her time keeping I had heard....the whole film would have been no different if she wasn't even in it.

Shame they didn't go with Pierce's choice of Monica Belluci...but at least we got her in SP and she didn't die in it !!
    TND is the better of the Brosnan films
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    It's one of my favourites, of the Brosnan films.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited January 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Paris Carver was a very self-controlled character in the film, but in earlier drafts apparently aimed at Monica Bellucci being in mind for the role, she was a hysterical and unstable looney. Perhaps that would've suited Teri Hatcher. Haha!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Bellucci unhinged would have been a sight to behold. Damn shame it didn't happen, and she was wasted in SP.

Hatcher was useless. Her best scene was her death bed scene imho.

TND lacks female glamour in my view. Yeoh and Hatcher did nothing for me. If Bellucci was in it I would rank the film much higher because there's a lot to like otherwise.
    Apart fro
    Paris Carver was a very self-controlled character in the film, but in earlier drafts apparently aimed at Monica Bellucci being in mind for the role, she was a hysterical and unstable looney. Perhaps that would've suited Teri Hatcher. Haha!

Haha spot on....!! ...Belucci would have been fantastic as Paris,and they could have made the role more important than they did.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Bellucci unhinged would have been a sight to behold. Damn shame it didn't happen, and she was wasted in SP.

TND lacks female glamour in my view. Yeoh and Hatcher did nothing for me. If Bellucci was in it I would rank the film much higher because there's a lot to like otherwise.

There was the lovely,sexy Danish teacher in Oxford ;)

barryt007 wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »

There was the lovely,sexy Danish teacher in Oxford ;)
    I was about to say....she was far more appealing than the two leads and should have had a larger role.
    TND was very weak at female glamour. It's DAD where it was great within the Brosnan era.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    TND feels a little cold due lack of romance.
    Hatcher is as romantic as an athlete's foot.
    And she was up the duff at the time....not good.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Bond 25 guys. Bond 25.
    It just never seemed credible to me that Bond, who had the pleasure of Natalya and Onatopp in the previous film, would have ever fallen for this 'cold fish' and rather average American character.
    Or Madeleine for that matter. I just don't buy the romance between her and Bond.
    Or Madeleine for that matter. I just don't buy the romance between her and Bond.
    It's a similar feeling there too, true. Although the TND romance feels a little more forced to me because there is no connection. I can understand the assassin connection in SP to a degree, and him using her as his 'out' from the force, even if half heartedly.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    jake24 wrote: »
    Bond 25 guys. Bond 25.

Sorry. Speaking of B25 (and drawing a link to our previous banter), I'd be happy if Bellucci makes a return. It's unlikely though.
    edited January 2017 Posts: 10,588
    Me too. As much as I liked Lucia, the fact that she had less screen time than Marlohe nearly reduced her role to cameo status.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Me too. As much as I liked Lucia, the fact that she had less screen time than Marlohe nearly reduced her role to cameo status.
    I'd even be happy with just a cameo in the PTS. Hinx returns & kills her setting it up for Bond to come back and settle a score.
    Not if its not going to appear until 2019....we can kiss goodbye to possibly the whole cast !!
    I'll be very happy with that.
    Are EON holding out for Mendes again?
    It wouldn't surprise me @Getafix ,but God I hope not.
    No.
    I sure hope not. If they are, then God help us all.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Mendes has given us the best Bond since GE, he can come back but please dispose of P+W+L and Newman.
    Mendes has given us the best Bond since GE, he can come back but please dispose of P+W+L and Newman.

SF ? ...yes it is a very good film Jason ;)

• RC7RC7
    Would love for Bond to visit Felix at his gaffe and realise that he's banging Lucia.
    That is a cracking idea.