No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    bondjames wrote: »
    It will be 2018 in my view as well. I think they'd be stupid to wait unit 2019. You don't want others to redefine the space that belongs to Bond, especially after the derivative nature of SP. They need to come out bold and strong with something fresh and as innovative as CR or GE. I'm for the soft reboot, and in 2018 at the latest.

Agreed, but it sure seems like they'll wait that long if that's what Craig wants. We've played this waiting game before.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited July 2016 Posts: 4,116
    pachazo wrote: »
    It will be 2018 in my view as well. I think they'd be stupid to wait unit 2019. You don't want others to redefine the space that belongs to Bond, especially after the derivative nature of SP. They need to come out bold and strong with something fresh and as innovative as CR or GE. I'm for the soft reboot, and in 2018 at the latest.

Agreed, but it sure seems like they'll wait that long if that's what Craig wants. We've played this waiting game before.

I don't it's so much Craig as it is the producers pursuing other projects.

Probably a bit of several factors including the distribution deal of course too.

One question though if the producers are taking a break why screen test actors?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Probably a bit of several factors including the distribution deal of course too.

You mean the screen tests that haven't been confirmed reputably by anyone?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    The practice of screening potential suitable actors is nothing new, particularly when the future involvement of the actor currently in the role is in question. The time to do the testing is prior to production or even pre-production. When the time comes to get rolling, either Craig will be back or they will already have a new 007 locked in.

Yes, those. And yes @talos7 but I'm not sure even in development. So why?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

What @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 means is none of the screentests were ever factually confirmed by anyone, so it's possible that no screentest took place. No one knows.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The only confirmation I saw was Broccoli discussing the role with (at least) Jamie Bell. I don't think any screen tests have been confirmed.
    edited July 2016 Posts: 4,116

What @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 means is none of the screentests were ever factually confirmed by anyone, so it's possible that no screentest took place. No one knows.

Yes I know what he meant. Was just adding why would they if not even in development or preproduction.

All speculation.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2016 Posts: 15,690
    @Creasy47, that's true but Babs is producing a non-Bond film with Jamie Bell, so is there any confirmation their discussions were Bond related, or related to the film they are doing together?

That's the thing really. There is no confirmation that Craig is leaving, or that he is committed in doing Bond 25, there's no confirmation that screentests has taken place, or that EON are not looking for replacements until Craig makes a decision. And even then, there's no confirmation on which actors EON are thinking of as Bond #7.
    B25 isn't even truly confirmed.
    edited July 2016 Posts: 15,690
    B25 isn't even truly confirmed.

Well, technically it is, since Babs has said she is hoping to get Craig onboard. That means there is a film in the pipeline. That's the extent we know about. Who knows what's going on behind closed doors concerning the film beyond its existence.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @DaltonCraig007, it was confirmed that they discussed Bond; however, discussing it means nothing, as it could've stopped there. I'm not surprised that she'd be approaching just about any young, British male actor for the role, especially one that she's already working with on a separate contract.

And yes @talos7 but I'm not sure even in development. So why?

Because the role is so key to the success of the series and difficult to decide. They may be off doing other projects but have no doubt, the "Golden Goose" is always being worked on in some manner. If there is a good chance that Craig is not returning, identifying and locking in a replacement will be a priority that supersedes script, director and all other elements.

Also, from other spy/action franchises and films to the tidal wave of super hero roles, this is a very competitive time to identify and lock in an actor who they may have on the radar.

To use a sports analogy, the road to a championship does not begin with training camp, it begins with identifying and obtaining the talent that you need to get there. For the Bond series, now is the time.

• RC7RC7
    Bond is constantly in motion, whether that's at snail's pace or supersonic. Stuff happens. It's organic.
    By the way @Talos7 and @DaltonCraig007 rereading my posts sounds like I'm being snippy but that's not the tone or way I was meaning.

Sorry
    Not snippy at all ;)
    No problem at all!
    talos7 wrote: »
    Not snippy at all ;)
    No problem at all!

Cool. I'm aiming for a nicer forum decorum.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Dear Production Diary.

Today I slept late, just like yesterday.

Barbara.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Dear Production Diary.

Barbara.

=))
  • Dear Production Diary.

Barbara.

Well played.
  • RC7 wrote: »
    E2USislQIlsfm.gif

Is that the screenwriter?

It can be tough to get the words from your head to the page sometimes.
    Fans on this site want EON to bring on 25 tomorrow, but it ain't gonna happen. The productions are too vast, even if they pull back the budgets which they should, they can only cut the budgets by so much. Film production for a Bond are never going to be viable on the cheap. For sure, cheaper yes, cheap no, and always complicated. There is also too much competition with far too many super spy films in the film market coming up in the next 2 years, and EON is now sitting on more money than Trump. They have no logical reason to not pull back, watch the film landscape and take their time to get a good script and director in place and recast if Craig is most likely not returning.

Makes sense to me that BB would want to wait till at least 2018, particularly if they recast. They need a clean break between Bonds, by not rushing a replacement while Craig is still Bond to film goers. And please EON, spare us Hiddleston, and awful choice. He is Swift's poodle, desperate for fame, and a terrible potential representative for the Bond brand. 50% of doing Bond is promoting it, and he comes off as soft, and downright effete in interviews. He's an awful choice.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    The only official word on B25 is that Babs "Hasn't made her mind up on casting yet".
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    smitty wrote: »
    They have no logical reason to not pull back, watch the film landscape and take their time to get a good script

That would be nice. And it worked so well for SP.
    smitty wrote: »
    And please EON, spare us Hiddleston, and awful choice. He is Swift's poodle, desperate for fame, and a terrible potential representative for the Bond brand. 50% of doing Bond is promoting it, and he comes off as soft, and downright effete in interviews. He's an awful choice.

Agreed. I was veering towards the Hiddlestone camp after the Night Manager but this Swift debacle has seriously damaged his credibility for me. Should a guy's private affect his suitability for the role? Of course not as long as he is with a classy, sexy lady like Rachel Weisz. If he's knocking off some manufactured, teeny pop starlet in the full glare of the paparazzi then it's probably a 'don't call us, we'll call you Tom' situation.

Given the dearth of decent candidates I think EON's best course of action will be to cut some sort of deal with Dan even if it means pushing back to a 2019 release.
    Dear Barbara,

Get a wiggle on.

Production Diary
  • SasSas
    Deadline asked Hiddleston about Bond.
    Tom Hiddleston Talks ‘Kong: Skull Island’, ‘Thor: Ragnorak’, Bond & Comic-Con “Fun”

DEADLINE: OK, with no Night Manager sequel penciled in, what’s next after you finish Ragnarok? Maybe Bond?

HIDDLESTON: Ha! I never make plans because every time I’ve tried to make plans life is full of surprises. So, I don’t know what the picture will look like by the end of this year. As an actor, I’ve always been excited by the breadth of what I’m allowed to do and that is what I’m honestly most grateful for. That I can jump around and play Hank Williams and Jonathan Pine, and Captain James Conrad in a Kong movie and then go back to Loki. And to have that privilege of playing so many different people and so many different genres is truly everything I’ve dreamed of.

http://deadline.com/2016/07/tom-hiddleston-comic-con-interview-kong-skull-island-thor-ragnorak-james-bond-1201791355/
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Sas wrote: »
    Tom Hiddleston Talks ‘Kong: Skull Island’, ‘Thor: Ragnorak’, Bond & Comic-Con “Fun”

DEADLINE: OK, with no Night Manager sequel penciled in, what’s next after you finish Ragnarok? Maybe Bond?

HIDDLESTON: Ha! I never make plans because every time I’ve tried to make plans life is full of surprises. So, I don’t know what the picture will look like by the end of this year. As an actor, I’ve always been excited by the breadth of what I’m allowed to do and that is what I’m honestly most grateful for. That I can jump around and play Hank Williams and Jonathan Pine, and Captain James Conrad in a Kong movie and then go back to Loki. And to have that privilege of playing so many different people and so many different genres is truly everything I’ve dreamed of.

http://deadline.com/2016/07/tom-hiddleston-comic-con-interview-kong-skull-island-thor-ragnorak-james-bond-1201791355/

yawn, Hiddleson, yawn

• peterpeter Toronto
    peter wrote: »

yawn, Hiddleson, yawn

Keep feeding ambiguous replies so the media can say-- oh, he didn't answer the question directly, he's evading, he must be the new 007... God, I didn't like this guy as Loki (finding him a very stagey actor; I like him less now as he whores himself with his "cute" Joker grin).

• SasSas

yawn, Hiddleson, yawn

Keep feeding ambiguous replies so the media can say-- oh, he didn't answer the question directly, he's evading, he must be the new 007... God, I didn't like this guy as Loki (finding him a very stagey actor; I like him less now as he whores himself with his "cute" Joker grin).

Or maybe it is because he was offered the James Bond role 2 months ago
    B-) Like very strong rumours say, which some people choose to ignore.