No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    For all we know right now, Bond 25 is nowhere in progress... Officially speaking.

So, until Eon or MGM makes an announcement, we better rest our case and leave things as they are. More than half the thread is full of insults.

Yes.. I agree. We get a bit fidgety waiting for news ...start snapping at each other.

Blatant plug for Dynamite though ..at least we or the ones that enjoy have the comics that goabove and beyond what I expected for our Bond fix.

End of shameless plug. Back to topic.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

So we're back to square one then

We've always been at square one, unless you treat bookies and bloggers as a reputable news source.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

We've always been at square one, unless you treat bookies and bloggers as a reputable news source.

I know, what I meant is even if Craig is contracted for Bond 25, it doesn't prove he will actually do the film.
  • RC7RC7
    E2USislQIlsfm.gif
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    RC7 wrote: »
    E2USislQIlsfm.gif

Is that the screenwriter?
    E2USislQIlsfm.gif

No, he's just been told the next screenwriters will be Purvis and Wade.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    vzok wrote: »
    E2USislQIlsfm.gif

So he is giving thanks to Allah?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    vzok wrote: »
    E2USislQIlsfm.gif

So he is giving thanks to Allah?
    =))
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

I know, what I meant is even if Craig is contracted for Bond 25, it doesn't prove he will actually do the film.

Oh ok
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Idris Elba: I'm too old to be James Bond and chasing women like that would be inappropriate for me

Idris Elba has dismissed speculation that he will play James Bond - but not because of his race.

The actor said that was actually his age that prevented him from playing 007.

Mr Elba, 43, said he was "too old for that" and said that it would be inappropriate for him to be going after women like Bond does.

He also said that he would not look good doing car chases because of his advancing years - and did not want to drink martinis on screen.

Mr Elba, who has been nominated for a Golden Globe four times, has been touted as the next Bond for years.

But some fans and former Bond Sir Roger Moore have suggested that his race was not what the character’s creator Ian Fleming had in mind.

Daniel Craig, 48, who currently plays the role, said that Mr Elba should be his successor and bookmaker Paddy Power has him as 6/1 to get the job.

Appearing on US TV network ABC, Mr Elba said that the prospect of him playing Bond was ‘the wildest rumor in the world’.

He said: "If it was to happen it would be the will of the (British) nation because there’s not been any talks with the studios.

"Everywhere I go people want that to happen. If I'm really honest I think I'm too old for that, running around in cars, ladies, martinis. It sounds terrible."

Presenter Michael Strahan joked: "If you don’t want it, I’ll take it."
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited July 2016 Posts: 16,333
    Case closed, the jury is out. :D
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Is he not also indirectly saying that Craig is too old for it as well ("going after women like Bond does" that is), since he is 5 yrs older?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've said that for months now: too old to start playing Bond, it'll never happen.
    Craig is already Bond and started at 38. He's speaking for himself.
    I love the 'will of the nation' thing that Elba always uses.
    Red_Snow wrote: »

He said: "If it was to happen it would be the will of the (British) nation

Jesus listen to the guy. Does he actually believe his own press? You're not Brexit pal.
    Red_Snow wrote: »

"Everywhere I go people want that to happen.

Try coming on here mate.

Given i) the slow down in production meaning one film every three years, ii) EON wanting to get at least 3 films out of an actor and iii) principal photography not likely to start for 18 months at the earliest I would say anyone over 38 at this moment in time should probably forget it.
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 6,601
    Then he should make sure in none of his films are women or cars, he drives or kisses. Goodness me...he didn't get it, that all. What a jerk. But then, what else is new?
    Elba was never right for the role anyway.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Elba is most certainly not a jerk. He's trying to downplay the same stupid question people have been asking him about a hundred times a month. Don't hate on him, hate on the press that's used his name as click-bait.
    Oh yes, he downplayed it like crazy. :))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Oh yes, he downplayed it like crazy. :))

How didn't he do exactly that? In every interview he constantly tells people to bugger off about the damn thing, and that the rumor has gotten out of control. You don't see him saying "Yeah, Barbara and I have had talks," to keep his name in the press and to exploit the rumor for his own gain, do you? Because I certainly haven't.

Either he answers reporters' questions and gets called a fame hound, or he completely ignores it and gets called an asshat that acts a diva, when he is neither of those two things, and never has been. Can he win?

Idris is just a guy who loves acting and music, and tries to get by doing those things he loves, while also having time for his personal life and the things that keep him going. He's not in this thing to be the biggest name out there, and he doesn't give a toss about constant publicity or massive renown. He's clearly very down to earth, and that's visible to anyone that bothers to actually follow his career and hear his words. In many ways, he and Dan are very similar in how they view the world, approach their craft and live their lives.
    I understand a lot of people don't want Elba to be the next Bond, but there's no need to get personal about it. By all accounts he's a lovely guy and probably one of the best actors of his generation. His work on the Wire is better than anything you could squeeze out of the likes of Turner or Hiddleston, or even Craig. I'm sure he's as sick of the Bond nonsense as the rest of us.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Whether Daniel Craig has left or not, doesn't mean Babs isn't doing screentests.
    I'd love to see an Elba screentest. I realize it will never happen, but still, it would really stir the pot.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'd love to see an Elba screentest. I realize it will never happen, but still, it would really stir the pot.

Exactly why I wouldn't want to see one: just stirs the pot. He won't be Bond, so every article, interview, etc. he does regarding Bond is literally just for stirring the pot and fueling rumors.
    You have to feel a bit sorry for Elba as he has just been hijacked by the trendy liberals to push their 'we must have a black Bond' agenda.

He's never really courted it I don't think but also he hasn't been that quick to rule himself out until now; probably because he'd love the job - and who can really blame him for that.

He's done alright out of the Bond rumours though as this is what he is chiefly famous for. He has an A-list profile despite having a far from A-list CV and this seems to be thanks in no small part to being constantly linked with Bond.
    I think Elba would have been an excellent Bond ten or so years ago, but he's too old these days. Besides, if they were to cast him now it would just look like they were pandering to media speculation.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    You do have a point in that going up against a movie like that isn't the smartest idea, but Tarantino isn't really the best example to reflect that; sure, 'The Hateful Eight' didn't make as much as 'Django Unchained,' but Tarantino has never really been a huge money maker to begin with.

Yes, you're right. Tarantino wasn't truly going for the megabucks with hateful eight, not his most commercial film. However it just goes to show how much sway Disney has that they could force theatres to fit as many showings as possible on as many screens as possible. Some of the politics behind it is very underhanded. If anything, I believe it would hurt a franchise like Bond even more than a smaller production like Hateful Eight.

As much as id hate it since it makes us wait for longer, its better for Bond to go after Starwars maybe when StarWars has a month in theaters Bond goes in that means going in november/December, releasing close to StarWars was a mistake and i think they learned their lesson its better to release after StarWars mania has stopped than before because it would stesl Bond's thunder.

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited July 2016 Posts: 2,044
    Scott Mendelson of Forbes, (in)famous around these parts for his scattering review of Spectre has some own speculations.
    Mind you, this is completely guesswork on his side but at least it is more interesting then reading about Elba, Turner and Hiddleston again:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/07/21/disney-should-grab-the-james-bond-series-to-keep-it-away-from-the-competition/#7f6b256536b4

But I gotta admit, he makes some valid points. I think that it would be somewhat beneficial for Bond to be under a bigger clout, with strong financial backing and a with powers to pull an even further audience.
    May it be Disney or someone else, I think Bond would do good being under someone other than Sony/MGM.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited July 2016 Posts: 11,139
    MrBond wrote: »
    Scott Mendelson of Forbes, (in)famous around these parts for his scattering review of Spectre has some own speculations.
    Mind you, this is completely guesswork on his side but at least it is more interesting then reading about Elba, Turner and Hiddleston again:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/07/21/disney-should-grab-the-james-bond-series-to-keep-it-away-from-the-competition/#7f6b256536b4

But I gotta admit, he makes some valid points. I think that it would be somewhat beneficial for Bond to be under a bigger clout, with strong financial backing and a with powers to pull an even further audience.
    May it be Disney or someone else, I think Bond would do good being under someone other than Sony/MGM.

I've made a few posts about Disney potentially having the Bond rights and the good definitely outweigh the bad, contrary to what some folks around here think. However, contrary to what the article says, Disney do NOT need Bond at all. Their divisions of live action movies, animation, Lucasarts films and Marvel films kill the notion of them having any real competition. In the last 8 months alone and with 5 films Disney have made roughly around $6 Billion. Bond isn't needed. Disney have already cemented themselves as the tentpoles Kings. Star Wars alone makes sure of that.