No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Tabloid Chatter: Is James Norton set to be James Bond?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3676712/Is-James-Norton-set-James-Bond.html#ixzz4DdpEmtLQ

Another day, another new actor 'hotly tipped' to be the new Bond. Betting has been suspended, blah blah blah.

Norton has the look. I think I could be convinced of his casting. He has that hint of roughness to him, however, I fear he may be too much of a posh boy. I haven't seen him act but from a few snaps I reckon he could work. He's slightly reminiscent of a young Daniel Craig...

James-Norton4.jpg

Also the news that Turner signing to another series of Poldark rules him seems like tabloids fishing for a story. Bond 25 won't arrive till 2018 at the earliest. The second series of Poldark filmed earlier this year and arrives this autumn. Turner could still film Poldark series 3 at the same timeframe and make it for filming of the new Bond.

landscape-1461148441-aidan-turner-and-then-there-were-none.gif

All this tabloid chatter and odds taking is doing my head in....just cast Tom Hardy already!

Though there is one name that odds-takers have that is intriguing....and he's available:

o-NIGEL-FARAGE-GUN-facebook.jpg

Agreed Hardy should be bond number 7
    talos7 wrote: »
    A big NO to Norton

NOrton.

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Not even Graham Norton ? :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

That's a brilliant idea. The finale of Bond 25 would end with Graham, as Bond, tricking Waltz's Blofeld into sitting in a booby-trapped red chair, carefully situated near a precariously hidden hole filled with spikes, which 007 flings the villain into by pulling a lever that launches the chair backward.

tumblr_leqpqeXxwG1qaa241.gif
    =))
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I am so out of pop culture that, though I've heard the name, I wouldn't know Taylor Swift if I saw her. Or recognize her music.

The same, nor am I remotely interested. A forgettable face and as far as I know I've never heard her music.
    Let's cool our jets, folks. Ms. Swift runs through men like Bond does his women, so this "relationship" will be nothing but a reflection in the rear-view after a while, and Tom can continue on doing whatever it is he's doing once the dust has settled. Do I think he's bonkers for shacking up with her? Hell yes, but clearly she must be a good lay, so let the boy enjoy himself while it lasts. He's not doing us any harm, and there are much greater evils in this world than a grating pop star.

Since you went there... Clearly she is? Maybe he is and that's why she is enjoying herself...

He's just awesome in the job he has, and would be such a loss on that front if he left that job...

I'm not familiar with this James Norton chap. I've seen one movie he was in, Mr Turner, but I don't even remember him. So can't comment.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited July 2016 Posts: 13,894
    Another series of Poldark doesn't affect Turner's chances. He won't be needed until, what, Jan 2018 for filming.

As for Hiddleston, he's too lightweight for Bond, so if he stopped seeing Trailor Shift tomorrow, it wouldn't make him a Bond candidate.
    I still for the life of me don't get the issues with certain actors that are in the right range and would be perfect for bond yet everyone thinks they would be better off in a different role (villian ally etc) didn't Craig break the traditional role and do an amazing job? Should we not be afraid to dream a little bit bigger darling?
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I still for the life of me don't get the issues with certain actors that are in the right range and would be perfect for bond yet everyone thinks they would be better off in a different role (villian ally etc) didn't Craig break the traditional role and do an amazing job? Should we not be afraid to dream a little bit bigger darling?

Yes, I agree. I value acting talent and range over anything else.

• SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Tabloid Chatter: Is James Norton set to be James Bond?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3676712/Is-James-Norton-set-James-Bond.html#ixzz4DdpEmtLQ

Another day, another new actor 'hotly tipped' to be the new Bond. Betting has been suspended, blah blah blah.

Norton has the look. I think I could be convinced of his casting. He has that hint of roughness to him, however, I fear he may be too much of a posh boy. I haven't seen him act but from a few snaps I reckon he could work. He's slightly reminiscent of a young Daniel Craig...

James-Norton4.jpg

Also the news that Turner signing to another series of Poldark rules him seems like tabloids fishing for a story. Bond 25 won't arrive till 2018 at the earliest. The second series of Poldark filmed earlier this year and arrives this autumn. Turner could still film Poldark series 3 at the same timeframe and make it for filming of the new Bond.

landscape-1461148441-aidan-turner-and-then-there-were-none.gif

All this tabloid chatter and odds taking is doing my head in....just cast Tom Hardy already!

Though there is one name that odds-takers have that is intriguing....and he's available:

o-NIGEL-FARAGE-GUN-facebook.jpg

Agreed Hardy should be bond number 7

This Norton Guy looks like Tobey Stephens Who played Gustave Graves, so no he would be more suited as a villain

• I don't know about y'all, but I qualify or disqualify my Bond potentials based purely off who they're dating at the time. Works for me.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited July 2016 Posts: 28,694
    Tuulia wrote: »
    Let's cool our jets, folks. Ms. Swift runs through men like Bond does his women, so this "relationship" will be nothing but a reflection in the rear-view after a while, and Tom can continue on doing whatever it is he's doing once the dust has settled. Do I think he's bonkers for shacking up with her? Hell yes, but clearly she must be a good lay, so let the boy enjoy himself while it lasts. He's not doing us any harm, and there are much greater evils in this world than a grating pop star.

Since you went there... Clearly she is? Maybe he is and that's why she is enjoying herself...

I don't mean to make this some gender bent sex issue. I was speaking in jest and frivolity, poking fun at a woman who goes through men like they're turnstiles. Yes, I'm sure Tom could very well be quite a good bed mate too, but my experience doesn't rest in that area, so I thought myself too ignorant to make judgements. I can only comment on Ms. Swift and her undoubtable beauty and legs that go on for days, truces I can't help but wave in her favor in this argument about her regardless of the fact that I'm not a big fan of her as a person or public figure. As any heterosexual man, I appreciate her as a woman of other appeals, largely found in private places where romance has her way and manipulates a pair attracted to one another with a rather delicate touch. To be rather unpoetic, I'm sure she's extremely skilled in the art of bedroom warfare, as she has been well practiced and looks more than fit for it, with assets aplenty.

All we can look forward to now is their very public break up which is no doubt on the horizon if past evidence is to be held to, after which Taylor will paint Tom as a hound dog and user, name-dropping and insulting him in a hit single on her next album. I've got a great lyric for her to use in the hate song, free of charge:

"Sticks and Hiddlestones can't break my bones, baby, I'm more than I am when I'm with you."

I wonder if I'll get an award out of courtesy when she wins the Grammy? Yeah, probably not.

Doesn't have a great face/look IMHO. But on the plus side looks somewhat rugged/masculine, so better than Hiddleston anyway.

• SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    dinovelvet wrote: »

Doesn't have a great face/look IMHO. But on the plus side looks somewhat rugged/masculine, so better than Hiddleston anyway.

Would you have accepted Tobey Stephens as James Bond?
    Im asking this because James Norton looks a lot like him( Stephens Aka Gustave Graves)

Brady, I didn't assume you were being very serious, and neither was I. Just thought I should mention the other side. :) Plus one obviously can't determine stuff like that from the way a person looks like, anyway. (Yes, I'm sure you actually know that and are just continuing the frivolity aspect.) I've honestly never understood the idea that a person could be attractive based only on looks, if they don't have an attractive personality - I don't know if men mean that (it tends to be men who say it), so no comment on that. I have zero idea about Swift's personality or private life (or what her songs are about since I don't know any), so I can't comment about her, nor would I understand references such as yours. I haven't heard as much about Swift in my life as in the past few weeks here, and it's been kinda weird... I mean, since she's some pop star that presumably has nothing to do with Bond (or even movies in general?), but so far I've gathered guys think she makes crap music and is an unpleasant person, but is hot anyway. Go figure...
    Szonana wrote: »

Im asking this because James Norton looks a lot like him( Stephens Aka Gustave Graves)

He might have been...interesting? I wouldn't hate it.
    Brady, I didn't assume you were being very serious, and neither was I. Just thought I should mention the other side. :) Plus one obviously can't determine stuff like that from the way a person looks like, anyway. (Yes, I'm sure you actually know that and are just continuing the frivolity aspect.) I've honestly never understood the idea that a person could be attractive based only on looks, if they don't have an attractive personality - I don't know if men mean that (it tends to be men who say it), so no comment on that. I have zero idea about Swift's personality or private life (or what her songs are about since I don't know any), so I can't comment about her, nor would I understand references such as yours. I haven't heard as much about Swift in my life as in the past few weeks here, and it's been kinda weird... I mean, since she's some pop star that presumably has nothing to do with Bond (or even movies in general?), but so far I've gathered guys think she makes crap music and is an unpleasant person, but is hot anyway. Go figure...

@Tuulia, being less frivolous, I know there are many men out there who would stomach being with an attractive woman without an attractive personality simply because they enjoy the physical part of their relationship enough to deal with the other drawbacks, and vice versa. Humans being natural hedonists can put up with all kinds of pain and suffering in pursuit of pleasure, especially related to primal carnal desire as it's the foundation of our biological existence. I wouldn't count myself amongst that pack though, and for that I'm grateful, regardless of how beautiful Ms. Swift seems on the outside. And you're right, we can't fully know her insides either-weird phrasing-as the media will spin anything these days and ruin someone's image on a lie within the blink of an eye. All we can go on are what we may perceive or feel, until of course I talk to Mr. Hiddleston and get the full scoop myself. Whenever that may be.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Szonana wrote: »

He might have been...interesting? I wouldn't hate it.

Probably me niether hehe, but no he was more suited as the Villain and i think Norton should be a Bond villain too. He looks like he could be a very fun over the top villain in the style of Gustave Graves

Although Toby is Bond in the bbc radio plays. :D

@Tuulia, being less frivolous, I know there are many men out there who would stomach being with an attractive woman without an attractive personality simply because they enjoy the physical part of their relationship enough to deal with the other drawbacks, and vice versa. Humans being natural hedonists can put up with all kinds of pain and suffering in pursuit of pleasure, especially related to primal carnal desire as it's the foundation of our biological existence.

It sounds perfectly reasonable - in theory - when you put it like that, yet in practice it's incomprehensible to me that a person can be physically attracted to someone whose looks they like, but whose personality they dislike. I don't get how that works. The other way around I can understand, since personality is what primarily makes people attractive to me. Any physical attributes can only add to the personality-side, but would always fail on their own. If I find a person either bland or unpleasant personality-wise then no chance of them being attractive in my eyes, regardless of how they look. I've tried to understand the concept of looks somehow being enough, but I just can't. And no, I don't even mean a lifetime together with the person, just being attracted, but it still remains such a peculiar, unfathomable and alien idea.
    I wouldn't count myself amongst that pack though, and for that I'm grateful, regardless of how beautiful Ms. Swift seems on the outside. And you're right, we can't fully know her insides either-weird phrasing-as the media will spin anything these days and ruin someone's image on a lie within the blink of an eye. All we can go on are what we may perceive or feel, until of course I talk to Mr. Hiddleston and get the full scoop myself. Whenever that may be.

I didn't actually mean to even comment on her image at all, or about media's role in creating images.
    I was talking about one not being able to tell who is "a good lay" (as you put it) based on how they look (media spin has nothing to do with that, surely, I imagine they haven't commented on it - at least I hope not).
    And I was also talking about how since I really don't know anything about her I can't comment on her. I believe it's possible to have a pretty good idea about people one doesn't know personally, but it would require far more knowledge than a name, occupation and a couple of pics, which is basically the extent of my knowledge about Swift - never heard of her relationships or anything else before. I didn't even remember what she looks like, I needed to check.
    Yes, media spins and twists and exaggerates and lies, and should never be blindly trusted. But observing people is informative, even if it happens via media (as it has to when those people are famous ones that one doesn't have a chance to know personally... be they pop stars or politicians or whatever) - interviews, not posed pics, how they interact with people, what people who know them or meet them say, etc. It all adds up little by little, even if only as impressions.
    I have none of Swift, honestly - not even an impression, so that's what I meant by not being able to comment. I'm careful when forming opinions about people and even more careful when it comes to negative stuff and judging people - media and internet easily tips anyone more to the negative side rather than the positive, and depending on who is expressing their opinion every famous person is despicable in some way - very few probably actually are.
    (I was talking with someone about actors, and mentioned that I wouldn't be able to say about any actor that they're a horrible person, and that it surprises me people do that all the time. She asked well what does it take, what about Mel Gibson? I said my impression is indeed negative, but I couldn't actually argue his case either way since I know too little. And I know too little since I've never cared enough to bother to find more info and pay enough attention. Therefore I won't rush into judgment. - My impression was she thought I was a bit weird. Apparently one should always be ready and eager to judge famous people at the drop of a hat. They're always guilty, anyway, eh?)

I'm currently trying to keep my neutral (well, nonexistent) opinion of Swift despite not having heard anything positive about her yet apart from compliments from men about her looks. ;)
    I also know very little about Hiddleston, but at least he's an actor I've seen a bit and expect to see more. Little by little I expect to form a better idea about him, but at the moment I'm trying not to let the current brouhaha influence my view too much - which of course easily happens when one has practically no prior information.

Apologies for digressions, Brady. I didn't sleep so I just came back here and prattled on. If I start editing it'll likely just get even messier...

And he's very good. Because the radio plays are period set and stick to the books, Toby is able to play the snobbish side of Bond, which he does well.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    ColonelSun wrote: »

And he's very good. Because the radio plays are period set and stick to the books, Toby is able to play the snobbish side of Bond, which he does well.

I agree. Quite enjoyable.
    James Norton, huh? Not seen anything he's been in, so looked him up and saw a few interviews and clips. My opinion is that he looks like a younger Daniel Craig in that he's not a pretty boy (like Hiddleston) nor overly handsome and dark (like Aidan Turner). He is a bit more rugged and I can see him in a scrap which is very helpful. He's also fairly unknown which is perfect for casting a new Bond. Hmmm. Yeah. I can see him in the role. Would be an excellent choice if it happens.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited July 2016 Posts: 1,756
    SonofSean wrote: »
    James Norton, huh? Not seen anything he's been in, so looked him up and saw a few interviews and clips. My opinion is that he looks like a younger Daniel Craig in that he's not a pretty boy (like Hiddleston) nor overly handsome and dark (like Aidan Turner). He is a bit more rugged and I can see him in a scrap which is very helpful. He's also fairly unknown which is perfect for casting a new Bond. Hmmm. Yeah. I can see him in the role. Would be an excellent choice if it happens.

Give this man a Bondian haircut, and I can see it.

Grantchester_S2_Lead_t614.jpg?a3ca5463f16dc11451266bb717d38a6025dcea0e
    james-norton-grantchester.gif?w=615&h=341&crop=1
    tumblr_inline_o2aqn8Njg91qbacj7_500.gif
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I can definitely see it. An inspired choice it would be, and I like that Toby Stephens look for Bond.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Norton is a cracking actor, his Tommy Lee Royce in the stunning Happy Valley is thoroughly chilling.

Interesting option, he's not as well known as the others mentioned but has a solid TV output especially the high profile War & Peace.

Somewhere around DC's level of fame before if not more so.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I see Norton's name has popped up in this thread. Seems like a good choice should it happen. Far more engaging than some of the other candidates mentioned.

Looks like the Godchild of Moore and Craig.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    genuinely intrigued by Norton... if Craig chooses to leave (still think he's coming back), I could live with Fassbender or Norton. Norton has down the road potential too since he's only 30.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I'm also favorable to Norton as Bond.
    A man named James playing James Bond that would be cool.It would be easy to remember for the casuals.