No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

No tom Hardy can find a razor to shave his manly beard off and Babs needs a clean shaven bond so they are trying to find a razor to cut the manly beard
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Babs does like a real man, as evidenced from rumoured comments about Jackman in the past, and her insistence on Craig.

This may explain Hiddles trying to demonstrate his credentials with Swift, and also the numerous shirtless photos of him and Turner that are appearing everywhere.
  • SasSas
    So, does that mean Barbara Broccoli will pick the next James Bond soon?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Risico007 wrote: »
    No tom Hardy can find a razor to shave his manly beard off and Babs needs a clean shaven bond so they are trying to find a razor to cut the manly beard

No razors as long as Daniel is around!
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    So much happening we don't know.. some industry folk like @RC7 are helpful.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.

Quite!
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Wasn't it @RC7 , who had the inside scoop on the title SPECTRE over a week before it was revealed? If so, I'm putting my faith in him. He's got a proven record of knowing things.

It was @slyfox .

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/391190/#Comment_391190

Of course, I trust @RC7 as well.
    So are we saying 007 magazine and this Graham chap are out to lunch now?
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Spectre ending was written 2 ways. It gives Craig a nice send off if he doesnt come back, but it also left an opening with Blofeld being kept alive if Craig does come back
    It´s a pretty standart ending. All of Craig´s films played a lot with variations of "Bond leaving", this was the respective version of the typical Bond film ending with Bond spending some private time with the girl. And bringing Blofeld back after so many decades just to kill him off would have been too ridiculous indeed.

absolutely but I think it's going to be even more ridiculous to not even bring Blofeld back for the next film even if Craig doesn't. I really hope they didn't waste the Spectre storyline with this film
    Absolutely. Not turning him into the big one behind everything going on in the next few films would be as smart as DC slashing his wrists.

• SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    I really have the feeling Craig is out.
    Who will get in ?, i think it will Tom Hidleston or Aidan Turner
    Either of the two favorites. Turner seems more likely to me since Hidleston is a little too high profile but the Night Msnager gives him a lot of points in his favor considering he is playing a Bond like character there just like Pierce did in Remington Steele and Roger Moore in the saint at their respective turns.

Craig will be Ian Fleming's James Bond 007 in Blofeld
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I wouldn't want to actually see him IN Blofeld, that would be a totally different
    Type of movie ! :D
    I wouldn't want to actually see him IN Blofeld, that would be a totally different
    Type of movie ! :D

Well, according to Skyfall, it wouldn't necessarily be his first time. ;) :D

In all seriousness, I can't say that I'd be surprised if, after all of this, we get a big press conference to state that Craig's services have been secured for one last film.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I want Craig to return partly because he enjoys playing the role. Many disagree, but to me, he just seems rather disinterested and bored in some scenes in SP. If he's solely returning for the money, I worry the same will happen.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

The only razors are being used by @Mendes. His silence since this 007 magazine story about Hiddlestone broke is deafening.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 9,774
    I do think Daniel Craig will be back and then all this Hiddleston Turner talk will be laughed at
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited June 2016 Posts: 10,588

The only razors are being used by @Mendes. His silence since this 007 magazine story about Hiddlestone broke is deafening.
    Christ. If I didn't know better I'd say you were all obsessed with him. By constantly mentioning this Mendes4Lyfe, people are feeding him the attention he yearns. Just leave it alone.
    You think Babs is against redoing OHMSS and YOLT as a more up to date films for Bond 25? Cause I read rumors on here they haven't even started any work on script. They have 2 books of materials 1 they didn't even use at all how hard could it be? I think Babs is against adapting those 2 films for some reason
    Whenever a new Bond documentary comes out in a few years, this whole period/story will be very interesting to watch, just like the whole Brosnan thing was in Everything or Nothing, when they talked about what really happened when he left.
    Well in terms of Fleming certain novels have been done a few times where others have not. After hearing bits and pieces of rumor and info I believe at least an outline for bond 25 has been written by Matthew Weiner (mad men) as to wether or not it will be used or developed by Wint and Kidd I mean Purvis and Wade (hey I like them and even I am surprised no on used that joke yet) remains to be seen. I say this because him writing 007 was leaked around the same time Babs said they were working on bond 25. Putting 2 and 2 together usually equals four though from Fleming I can say the following novels have been adapted three times

Live and let die
    And
    Moonraker
    But later on I will post all the books
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    jake24 wrote: »

Christ. If I didn't know better I'd say you were all obsessed with him. By constantly mentioning this Mendes4Lyfe, people are feeding him the attention he yearns. Just leave it alone.

What have I ever done to you, eh? You don't like me using your thread, that's fine, just tell me.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited June 2016 Posts: 10,588
    jake24 wrote: »

What have I ever done to you, eh? You don't like me using your thread, that's fine, just tell me.
    I don't have near as much a problem with you as some other members seem to do. I also don't have an issue with you using this thread (it's not my decision anyway). In fact, I encourage it, so long as your posts aren't plagued with hyperbole like they usually are. I can tell you that your opinion is more valued when you're not all stricken with Turner love.
    I hope you'll stay here for some balance @Mendes4Lyfe. There's been a deficit of Turner love at present (due to all the Hiddle rumours and beach kisses in high gear).
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited June 2016 Posts: 8,112
    bondjames wrote: »
    I hope you'll stay here for some balance @Mendes4Lyfe. There's been a deficit of Turner love at present (due to all the Hiddle rumours and beach kisses in high gear).

Its a brutal business I'm afraid. Such a sadness that EON couldn't hold their nerve with Turner. To think they came that close, too. Nevermind, I'm sure hiring a member of the Bash Street Kids won't have any negative consequences for the franchise.

I've said it before, but Turner would have completed the trilogy, with Connery and Dalton. Plus, he would've been Bond number 007. I mean, how perfect is that? It was all just coming together nicely, all slotting into place - and now this. Fucking tragic.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    bondjames wrote: »

Its a brutal business I'm afraid. Such a sadness that EON couldn't hold their nerve with Turner. To think they came that close, too. I'm sure hiring a member of the Bash Street Kids won't have any negative consequences for the franchise.

I've said it before, but Turner would have completed the trilogy, with Connery and Dalton. Plus, he would've been Bond number 007. I mean, how perfect is that? It was all just coming together nicely, all slotting into place - and now this. Fucking tragic.
    From the latest posts, it seems like the Hiddle thing is just rumour as well, so I wouldn't lose all hope yet. I'm not saying it will be Turner, but it could be someone entirely different as well. The one thing I'm pretty sure of (just a gut) is Craig has left.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 2,015
    W: He reveals himself to be Blofeld!! Imagine that. The guy who hated Bond as a kid turns out to be Ernst!
    P: Isn't that brilliant? The fans are going to love that.
    The second line is almost verbatim from the leaks, from a producer.
    {And Elba was the sole name given as who should be the next Bond in the leaks, btw, so it's a bit unfair to say the rumor had no basis}
    ...and there we go again. Its a balance, I could do without. He was a lovely chap in all his quiet charme.
    W: He reveals himself to be Blofeld!! Imagine that. The guy who hated Bond as a kid turns out to be Ernst!
    P: Isn't that brilliant? The fans are going to love that.
    The second line is almost verbatim from the leaks, from a producer.
    {And Elba was the sole name given as who should be the next Bond in the leaks, btw, so it's a bit unfair to say the rumor had no basis}

I think the rumors going around back in 2012 were obviously false, as Elba as Bond was getting some traction even back then when we had the extended break between Quantum of Solace and Skyfall, but you're absolutely right in saying that this time around there was basis for it. It was Pascal, if memory serves, that made the comment to which you're referring, and that's what gave rise to the second round of Elba as Bond rumors.

As for Turner, I don't think it's a case of EON not being able to "hold their nerve with" him. He may still be in the frame, he may not. It's also entirely possible that they met with him and determined the same thing that many here already have, that he's not up for the part. We don't know and, most likely, never will unless he's the one that actually ends up being cast in the role.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 2,015
    Do you even know who Graham Rye is? The guy is never wrong. Period.

He was wrong at the beginning of the 90s. Very long story I won't discuss (I was one of those running the French fan club at that time). At the time, the JBBFC fan club was more or less run by the #2.

Ah the times when you had to send some VCR tapes to share videos between fans :)

Also, for what is worth, I heard some stuff early about SPECTRE, but right now : zitch glitch nada. No one I know who may be booked for previz and things like that is booked. Maybe not even a treatment exist ?

And finally, the BBC guy who posted in the Leaks thread, but who was laughed upon by many here, may turn out to be 100% right then (even if he made weird conclusions from his facts at that time).

• SasSas
    If Tom Hiddleston was indeed offered the job and he accepted, when will they announce he is the new Bond?