No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited May 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Jamie Bell is a couple of inches taller than Woody Allen, he could be the most imposing Bond yet. :^o

Jamie+Bell+Premiere+Eagle+u0oVUTOa2A1l.jpg

Tatum 'Didn't you play Tin(y) Tin(y)?'

Tatum 'Jamie why are you stood on a box with Tom Cruises name on it?'
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    :))
    Why is it so hard to believe, that they indeed met, but NOT for the Bond role?
    Maybe the Jamie Bell thing was an intentionally leaked fake rumor, so whoever they actually do choose will seem better by comparison. :))
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    jackdagger wrote: »
    Maybe the Jamie Bell thing was an intentionally leaked fake rumor, so whoever they actually do choose will seem better by comparison. :))
    Very possible. After the shameful shenanigans & obfuscation with Smith, I wouldn't be surprised actually. Hopefully, unlike that unfortunate scenario, we don't have another let down when a final announcement is made.
    Agreed, they have to meet many actors playing friends and foes, not just Bond himself. :)
    The Jamie Bell news is worrying. It's the first piece of legitimate casting news we've heard and I wouldn't be surprised if he's a serious contender.

Broccoli has a knack of going with unusual choices. Remember back in 2005, Daniel Craig was the most uncouth of choices. He was blonde, gruff, short and thuggish. People were repelled at the notion of him becoming Bond. However, it is said that Broccoli long championed Craig and desperately sought him despite many inside Eon thinking he wasn't right.

Is Bell not a similiar offbeat choice?

He looks a little like a farmer to me. A tad ordinary.

Maybe there is something there...

Jamie+Bell+is+seen+at+LAX+hruuH3TOq2Px.jpg
    rs_634x1024-150716064029-634.Jamie-Bell-Comic-Con-JR-71615.jpg

Can't we just have Michael Fassbender and be done with it?

ad196444175michael-fassbend-e1455480984576.jpg?w=748&h=532&crop=1
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Jamie Bell would be a cool Smithers. That's about it.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    That top photo looks just like one of Craig I've seen somewhere. Walking out of an airport or something with bag around shoulder. Troubling indeed.

Fassbender's incredulous smile reflects my own opinion of Bell.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    deal_with_it_james_bond.gif
    Fassbender has all the Gaelic charm and German efficiency, beautifully mixed. :D
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Why is it so hard to believe, that they indeed met, but NOT for the Bond role?

Not hard at all, especially given they're working on the same film.
    td013.jpg?w=660

Daltons reaction to Bond casting rumours...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Now even Swiss newspapers report that Jamie Bell has impressed BB so much that he probably will get cast as Bond.
    This is seriously killing me, and I know I'm probably daft to believe it but how can it be all made up?

Jamie Bell, for Christ's Sake :((

I want to be open minded to this but it's hard.

@BondJasonBond006, do you need me to run you through the history of propaganda (especially from a militaristic perspective) and modern day media manipulation? This kind of stuff works all too well, as the past has shown us. Normally this kind of nasty business results in the careful and purposeful manipulation of a larger group by one much smaller into widespread hate speak and overall acidic bigotry over others deemed unworthy or painted as a minority to their cause. People still remember Nazism, right?

Thankfully we are dealing here with a rather trivial story of "celebrity" and Hollywood glitter and glammer, i.e. the world of film production, which is much less heavy on the genocides and hate crimes. And yet, you still have people binning their free will (and perceptive capabilities) and taking any written garbage they read as gospel, nary questioning a word of it.

I'm sure that if the Daily Mail told everyone on this forum to grab a gun and shoot any blondes you see (as a form of rebellion against Dan's continual employment as James Bond), some would be clamoring to Google for the directions to their nearest local arms distributor and investigating the best bargains on a steady and reliable firearm to purchase whilst there.

We've got to be more sensible and smart about this, folks, and wait for word from EON, the only statements that have any value and weight here. Hearing people in this thread (and elsewhere, unfortunately) moan and whine day in and day out about things they have no way of knowing is a chore, and worse yet, a few select members act even more like children by mounting disrespectful and sexist tirades against Barbara in lieu of anything of substance to say.

Some here seem to wonder what Bond would think if he knew a woman was in charge of his affairs. I'm now more curious what Bond would think of having such prattish fans. I sincerely doubt he'd be pleased, to say the least.
    It's all a bit of fun. I'm hopeful that everyone is just having a good time letting off steam while they go about their otherwise uneventful days. As I've said before, better that happens here anonymously than at home or at work.
    @ Brady =D>
    Being involved in tip top secret work, I do find this chit chat a pleasant distraction.
    As I hang upside down from an RSJ, outside a well known office block,waiting for
    the radio signal to go in hard. On these jihadi johnnies...... helps take my mind of
    things. :D
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I just don't want a short James Bond. For Craig, we made an exception because he brought something incredible to the role. But this guy is a good 3 inches shorter? Hey, I'm not the tallest guy myself, but that's just not who Bond is. I'm sorry for sharing my thoughts. Hopefully, it wasn't too painful for some of you to read.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    pachazo wrote: »
    I just don't want a short James Bond. For Craig, we made an exception because he brought something incredible to the role. But this guy is a good 3 inches shorter? Hey, I'm not the tallest guy myself, but that's just not who Bond is. I'm sorry for sharing my thoughts. Hopefully, it wasn't too painful for some of you to read.

I'm 6'3 and not painful in the slightest. :D
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Brady, you are spot on. =D>
    Anyway, let's continue ... :)>-
    pachazo wrote: »
    Agreed completely.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    No, I agree very short would not work for Bond.
    Luckily, I can just swipe down to read it. ;)

Although I too would prefer Bond to be Tall.
    Isn't there a passage in a Bond novel by Fleming where Bond ruminates on how it's always short men who are always villains and causing trouble?
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 9,770
    Perhaps bell is playing a teenager bond in flashbacks lmao

No I think like all other actors if Bell or Turner or Fassbender or whomever is the next 007 I will wait like I did with Craig till the first trailer (or Untill someone i trusts PMs me and says "this guy will be like Dalton")

In terms of bond 25 all of this is just silly rumors I believe Craig will be back for one more film and I think a more interesting discussion since Craig can get any director he wants Steve Sodenbough (or however you spell his name I am on a mobile phone at work sometimes I will be lazy with spelling lol) directing bond 25 thoughts?

The only film of his I saw was yes 9012live which he made the bizarre decision to cut out half the concert (focusing on 90125 material except for hearts which was played that night and I've seen all good people and Starship Trooper) so I don't know how he would do with 007 but I wouldn't mind it provided yes does the title song.

I correct myself looking through his filmography I also saw Haywire (which was extremely poor) and Erin Brokavich (which was ok) so over all I wouldn't mind him directing as he would be better then Mendes but not by much.
    I am 5 feet 12 inches, I can sympathize with Jamie. Connery was 5 feet 14 inches and Keel was 5 feet 30 inches or around that height. Jamie Bell need not worry majority of actors in the series were 5 feet something welcome aboard Billy Bond.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I am 5 feet 12 inches, I can sympathize with Jamie. Connery was 5 feet 14 inches and Keel was 5 feet 30 inches or around that height. Jamie Bell need not worry majority of actors in the series were 5 feet something welcome aboard Billy Bond.

So you're 6 feet tall then?
    No model is ever 6ft tall. ;)
    (In my best Drax voice) Forgive me for not being English but I do find the metrics a little difficult to follow.
    My apologies yes I am 6ft :)