No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited May 2016 Posts: 3,333
    bondjames wrote: »
    Here we go.

When it becomes necessary to come on here and piss on the opinions of others just because you don't agree with them, and to ascribe motives to them, then it's perhaps time for you to take a break from this site imho.

This is a discussion forum. People discuss. That's the nature of it. One can propose a counter argument, but I think it's nonsensical to try to shut down discussion by shaming those having the discussion, just because it doesn't fit one's world view.

At the present time, we have no legitimate news. All we have is rumour. Everything is up in the air. If people want to discuss that rumour until some concrete news comes along, I say go right ahead.

If some have a problem with it, there are dedicated appreciation threads on here (including one for Daniel Craig) where you can comfort yourselves.
    Hear, hear. I agree wholeheartedly with your response, @bondjames. This is a discussions thread after all, and there maybe some members here that are less experienced in the minutiae of movie-making and 007, but that doesn't mean some of us have to respond with diatribes to make us feel superior.

What would be nice and more productive is if those more knowledgable members that co-exist on these forums could see themselves fit to giving those less fortunate than themselves an even and helpful response, rather than the usual diatribe that's become the norm of late around here.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited May 2016 Posts: 4,116
    (:| ~O) blah blah blah.....damn this forum is pretentious.

If you have that big of a gripe PM me.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 4,116
    Delete
    Here we go.

When it becomes necessary to come on here and piss on the opinions of others just because you don't agree with them, and to ascribe motives to them, then it's perhaps time for you to take a break from this site imho.

This is a discussion forum. People discuss. That's the nature of it. One can propose a counter argument, but I think it's nonsensical to try to shut down discussion by shaming those having the discussion, just because it doesn't fit one's world view.

At the present time, we have no legitimate news. All we have is rumour. Everything is up in the air. If people want to discuss that rumour until some concrete news comes along, I say go right ahead.

If some have a problem with it, there are dedicated appreciation threads on here (including one for Daniel Craig) where you can comfort yourselves.

Completely agree @bondjames
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Here we go.

Wow. That's one of the best posts I have seen. So on the money. =D>

In the absence of hard news, of course speculation is all we have to go on. God forbid people speculate on a fan forum.

All these folks come to shutdown discussion, when really they should just remove themselves since they are the ones with the problem. If you keep posting about how the discussion is unsubstantive, you only contribute to said discussion.

As for those reactionary, defensive Craig warriors - no one is protected from criticism. You seem to think that the slightly criticism of Craig is unwarranted and some sort witch hunt. You have to remove your precious feelings from the situation and consider the possibility that Craigs departure might well be the best move for the franchise going forward. It is a well known fact that Bond actors have diminishing returns with each film (their best film is usually one of their first 3), so given that you have had a decade with your best Bond, it may be time to realise that clinging to Craig may not be the brave move, or the smart one. If you can't handle that possibility, then perhaps the Daniel Craig Appreciation Topic is better suited to you.
    Here we go.

In the absence of hard news, of course speculation is all we have to go on. God forbid people speculate on a fan forum.

All these folks come to shutdown discussion, when really they should just remove themselves since they are the ones with the problem. If you keep posting about how the discussion is unsubstantive, you only contribute to said discussion.

As for those reactionary, defensive Craig warriors - no one is protected from criticism. You seem to think that the slightly criticism of Craig is unwarranted and some sort witch hunt. You have to remove your precious feelings from the situation and consider the possibility that Craigs departure might well be the best move for the franchise going forward. It is a well known fact that Bond actors have diminishing returns with each film (their best film is usually one of their first 3), so given that you have had a decade with your best Bond, it may be time to realise that clinging to Craig may not be the brave move, or the smart one. If you can't handle that possibility, then perhaps the Daniel Craig Appreciation Topic is better suited to you.

Absolutely agree! Why I posted my OPINION of how ANNOYING the complaints against EON and Craig are. Not against people having those opinions or expressing them, just the opinions themselves that are ANNOYING. but that's my OPINION as part of a DISCUSSION.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    edited May 2016 Posts: 1,329
    Here we go.

Well perhaps the speculation would be best left OUT of a thread about the production of the next bond film?
    Since any old tom dick or harry can spread falsified stories it would be nice to come onto this thread too ACTUAL news once in a while.

And daniel leaving now wouldn't be what's best for the franchise. They set something up by bringing Ernst back and I believe they should finish it. It would be messy to go with another actor whilst continuing using Blofeld and madelline imo.

DCisared wrote: »
    Here we go.

Well perhaps the speculation would be best left OUT of a thread about the production of the next bond film?
    Since any old tom dick or harry can spread falsified stories it would be nice to come onto this thread too ACTUAL news once in a while.

And daniel leaving now wouldn't be what's best for the franchise. They set something up by bringing Ernst back and I believe they should finish it. It would be messy to go with another actor whilst continuing using Blofield and madelline imo.

Oh great, we're not getting 2 threads again are we? Bond 25 isn't even in production yet, there is only speculation.
    Unlike the last few Bonds let's don't make it personal.

The forum is like a powder keg right now. Ok I admit the pretense set me off.

*breathe in**breathe out**sips coffee* ...ok ok back to topic.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Unlike the last few Bonds let's don't make it personal.

The forum is like a powder keg right now. Ok I admit the pretense set me off.

*breathe in**breathe out**sips coffee* ...ok ok back to topic.

Personal?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2016 Posts: 15,690
    If you leave the speculation out of the this thread, what is there left to talk about? Certainly not any solid news, since there hasn't been a single concrete element announced since SP hit theaters.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 6,601
    Seems people are pretty Divided on this. Many would love some Logic applied in the discussion others Use the non news as a motiv to just ramble about and stamping their feet like children who want their sweets - and NOW. And while they wait frustrated, they feel free to just thow stones at every possible source of their frustration. So, the question is, why cant rumors not be discussed without Taking obvious bs into Account? Does that take away peoples right to an opinion? Asking for SOME fairness and some Brain cells involved? I dont think, that is asked too much.

And just to make this clear again, I WANT DC to leave. He has a Great Legacy als it is and I dont See a reason to Risk all that andThe more of this is going on, the more I feel its reallyTime.

As far as I am concerned, our boy Mendes can have his Turner or whoever. I dont care. Just keep it fair.
    If you leave out the speculation out of the this thread, what is left to talk about? Certainly not any solid news, since there hasn't been a single concrete element announced since SP hit theaters.

Exactly - Bond 25 doesn't even have a distributor. We're not entirely sure really if Pre-Production has started properly yet apart from some comments from Gregg Wilson about them batting ideas around.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    If you leave out the speculation out of the this thread, what is left to talk about? Certainly not any solid news, since there hasn't been a single concrete element announced since SP hit theaters.

Exactly - Bond 25 doesn't even have a distributor. We're not entirely sure really if Pre-Production has started properly yet apart from some comments from Gregg Wilson about them batting ideas around.

This is my point.

Yes and I agree that's all we know. It's the eerie quiet and sense of uncertainty or unknown that has opinions high right now I guess.
    If you leave the speculation out of the this thread, what is there left to talk about? Certainly not any solid news, since there hasn't been a single concrete element announced since SP hit theaters.[/quote)

Right, now If People could just NOT discuss articles from the DM seriously with all the attached Emotion, as If it was the truth, wie are on a Right path. Not so difficult, me thinks.
    DCisared wrote: »

This is my point.

Yes mine too - keep the speculation about the future production
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @DaltonCraig007, if you have even one comment regarding the possible departure of Craig, you're attacked and some people overreact for no reason. I wonder how this place will be when Craig really is done. Until we get some news, I think it's best if I avoid this thread like the plague.
    The next news will probably be related to the new distributor. That could be over a month away yet.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @DaltonCraig007, if you have even one comment regarding the possible departure of Craig, you're attacked and some people overreact for no reason. I wonder how this place will be when Craig really is done. Until we get some news, I think it's best if I avoid this thread like the plague.

I just think some are tired of sweeping statements, or the hero-worship of untested actors in the role as if they'll be the saviour of the franchise, when in reality, there's nothing wrong with the franchise. I think most can agree that SP was not quite successful in execution, but the man in the tux is more than adequate (I say that with tongue firmly plant in cheek).

EoN needs to get fresh eyes on the story-telling aspect and give Craig the script(s) his talents deserve. As I said in an earlier post, he is the goose that lays the golden eggs. Babs should be concerned with keeping him on board with scripts that will actually challenge him.
    peter wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I just think some are tired of sweeping statements, or the hero-worship of untested actors in the role as if they'll be the saviour of the franchise, when in reality, there's nothing wrong with the franchise. I think most can agree that SP was not quite successful in execution, but the man in the tux is more than adequate (I say that with tongue firmly plant in cheek).

EoN needs to get fresh eyes on the story-telling aspect and give Craig the script(s) his talents deserve. As I said in an earlier post, he is the goose that lays the golden eggs
    . Babs should be concerned with keeping him on board with scripts that will actually challenge him.

???
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Mendes: do you have a question?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    But wasn't Craig highly involved with SP, including insisting on Mendes (who brought on Logan, who devised the initial script etc. etc.)?

He even got co-producing credit on the film. So, I think Babs has given him quite a bit of leeway in shaping the franchise and each installment as he sees fit.

Both Mendes and him actually, especially for the last two and even Forster and him for QoS. Only for CR was he less involved, since it was his first.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    They got screwed on the final script. Going back to P&W was desperation. They had a script nobody liked, they couldn't delay, they needed a shooting script and fast. So, they go back these to since they needed turn-around on the story.

Delaying wasn't an option.

As DC has said in the past: he's no screenwriter (especially as he took on co-writing duties on QoS (because of the writer's strike)).

DC's been given a lot of creative input. In the end, he doesn't write the scripts.
    peter wrote: »
    I just think some are tired [of sweeping statements,] or the hero-worship of untested actors in the role as if they'll be the saviour of the franchise

EoN needs to [get fresh eyes on the story-telling aspect and] give Craig the script(s) his talents deserve. [As I said in an earlier post,] he is the goose that lays the golden eggs.

I'm not going to make that more obvious. If you see it, you see it.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Mendes, seriously? As Gustav Graves said in another thread, don't underestimate the DC era. It's not a sweeping statement to say he's bank for EoN.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I think Craig's contributions to Bond have been very impressive behind the scenes. That is where he has been most effective in my view, especially in comparison to his predecessors. He takes the role seriously, and is a serious chap. He has attracted quality talent behind and in front of the camera, which has resulted in a better final product. He also collaborates well with such talent.

I am personally not a fan of the final film, and see it as a slip back to the old formulaic ways (and not even as good), but there is no questioning the talent they had on board for it. If Craig goes, I think that will be where we could feel the loss in a big way.

As an actor he has been very good, but I don't think he's irreplaceable. Far from it actually, given the direction they've gone with the last two films. With CR & QoS in particular, I don't know of many actors who could have delivered Craig level intensity, which was what was called for in a 'young Bond'.

So the character of Bond has changed during the era as well, and has sort of come back full circle to closer to where we were before he came on board, intentionally, & making it easier to replace him as an actor. IMHO.
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    I am still hoping that Bond 25 will be a down to earth Bond film like FYEO (with Daniel Craig). SP has lots of enjoyable moments but it was a little over the top at times - and story wise I'm not sure wether it was weakly executed or poorly written.
    However, I think Craig did an outstanding job and hope he continues to do so, at least one more time :)
    DM is sticking to its story regarding the 68 million. I can't help but feel like there is more truth to that than EON is letting on.
    DM is sticking to its story regarding the 68 million. I can't help but feel like there is more truth to that than EON is letting on.

...and with that I do agree with you.