No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    bondjames wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »
    No I don't think Logan is coming back considering the mess of spectre (honestly did he just have writers block go to the cinema see Captain America the winter soldier and then say screw it that was a great film I am just gonna steal it and change elements of it)

If I had to guess Jez Butterworth is more then likely helping write the next film. Back in febuary Greg Wilson said they (but not indications who they were) were throwing around ideas for Bond 25. My guess in terms of who they were was G. Wilson M. Wilson Babs Daniel Craig and Jez Butterworth but again this is all just a guess.

My feeling is Craig will do one more (though I wouldn't mind 2 more) it will be heavidly influenced by You Only Live Twice (the novel) and because the way titling has been going as of late my guess is Bond 25 is Blofeld... Which I am ok with Blofeld while being a bland title for a film is an Iconic villain and one film goers recognize and like so having a bond film titled that would make sense...
    To be fair, Logan had the outline for the 24th developed long before Captain America: The Winter Soldier came out. His efforts were different and introduced other ways of putting Bond in the mission as well as had alternatively different characters for the part. It was Purvis and Wade that made a mess out of it and turned it into a Winter Soldier clone. Logan's drafts had far more interesting bits that connected each scene conveniently with one another than the customization the long-hated duo made through the outline.
    There is the distinct stench of a 'hack' job in SP, so I'm not surprised their pawprints were all over it. I hope they are finally dumped for B25. They ran out of ideas a long time ago.
    I don't even know why did Eon hire them in the first place. And after the mess that was left in The World Is Not Enough, why would anyone... at all... keep hiring these two? And yet Bruce Feirstein keeps getting the backlash and hate for "writing big explosions every 10 minutes."
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    No I don't think Logan is coming back considering the mess of spectre (honestly did he just have writers block go to the cinema see Captain America the winter soldier and then say screw it that was a great film I am just gonna steal it and change elements of it)

If I had to guess Jez Butterworth is more then likely helping write the next film. Back in febuary Greg Wilson said they (but not indications who they were) were throwing around ideas for Bond 25. My guess in terms of who they were was G. Wilson M. Wilson Babs Daniel Craig and Jez Butterworth but again this is all just a guess.

My feeling is Craig will do one more (though I wouldn't mind 2 more) it will be heavidly influenced by You Only Live Twice (the novel) and because the way titling has been going as of late my guess is Bond 25 is Blofeld... Which I am ok with Blofeld while being a bland title for a film is an Iconic villain and one film goers recognize and like so having a bond film titled that would make sense...
    To be fair, Logan had the outline for the 24th developed long before Captain America: The Winter Soldier came out. His efforts were different and introduced other ways of putting Bond in the mission as well as had alternatively different characters for the part. It was Purvis and Wade that made a mess out of it and turned it into a Winter Soldier clone. Logan's drafts had far more interesting bits that connected each scene conveniently with one another than the customization the long-hated duo made through the outline.
    There is the distinct stench of a 'hack' job in SP, so I'm not surprised their pawprints were all over it. I hope they are finally dumped for B25. They ran out of ideas a long time ago.

Producers, writers, and Craig all abandoned Fleming in SP. What happened to Cubby's rule of always returning to Fleming when in doubt?

I think MGW whom I think grounds the efforts was less of a voice this time particularly toward the latter part of preproduction. Babs and Mendes left more unchecked.

I don't even know why did Eon hire them in the first place. And after the mess that was left in The World Is Not Enough, why would anyone... at all... keep hiring these two? And yet Bruce Feirstein keeps getting the backlash and hate for "writing big explosions every 10 minutes."

Ok Feirstein had two chances to write a Craig as bond thriller Goldeneye Reloaded and Bloodstone neither story was amazing or incredible yes I know both are video games but I am talking purely from a story concept not about gameplay or level designs and don't give me the "it's a video game he didn't have to try so hard" look at Paul Dini the developers constantly made changes to the game to fit his story versus just saying games don't work that way fernstien had the same free reign and look at what we got even Legneds was horrendous story wise...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Producers, writers, and Craig all abandoned Fleming in SP. What happened to Cubby's rule of always returning to Fleming when in doubt?

I think MGW whom I think grounds the efforts was less of a voice this time particularly toward the latter part of preproduction. Babs and Mendes left more unchecked.

Sorry, how did they abandon Fleming in SP? Why would you think MGW had any less of a voice in the latter parts of pre-production? If we're to take the time lines, it looks as if everyone had a good old panic re: the original script, time was running out on them (since they needed to start shooting the film by a certain date), and through desperation they defaulted to the guys that have a history with them.

It was panic-time in the EON household.

But abandoning Fleming? In a very flawed film, I still saw a lot of Fleming in there.

Abandoned Fleming? Heh. How so?

Ok Feirstein had two chances to write a Craig as bond thriller Goldeneye Reloaded and Bloodstone neither story was amazing or incredible yes I know both are video games but I am talking purely from a story concept not about gameplay or level designs and don't give me the "it's a video game he didn't have to try so hard" look at Paul Dini the developers constantly made changes to the game to fit his story versus just saying games don't work that way fernstien had the same free reign and look at what we got even Legneds was horrendous story wise...
    I am not saying anything. And first of all, Feirstein's hands were tied very hard to the studio's demands (Activision) he had to go with their wishes. I am sure he came up with plenty of gems in Blood Stone alone that were cut out thanks to the publisher deciding to downgrade the value of the game from AAA to secondary. GoldenEye 007: Reloaded was purely Robin Matthews' mind-farts as was 007 Legends. Feirstein was brought in for the former due to his popularity with solid Bond games (the one that's called Everything or Nothing) and his involvement in the film they were adapting the game from. He didn't have any "free reign" over story development. And I am more than sure the idiocy that was the plot tying in 007 Legends wasn't his idea.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

Abandoned Fleming? Heh. How so?

Blofeld, elements of Bond.. Fleming's SPECTRE as written is quite interesting. They abandoned even the cinematic Bond in terms of Swann replacing Tracy.
    bondsum wrote: »
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Regards SP screenwriter John Logan, latest issue of Total Film magazine has a brief interview with him about Alien: Covenant, which he is scripting. They ask him about Bond 25 and his brief reply "Believe me, I'm not thinking anything past Alien!" They say he is as yet unconfirmed for writing duties on 25! Wasn't it stated that he was going to script Bond 25, AND 26 at one time?

Gary Barber, the CEO of MGM, announced during an MGM financial conference call in November 2012 that Barber had been hired to script Bond 24 and Bond 25.
    Yes, I'm not sure whether to take that with a pinch of salt or not, and if it's true then it's a big worry that Gary Barber is the CEO of MGM. It would be very difficult to make money from product placement when they've retro-fitted the series. The money that product placement alone brings in is not to be underestimated. The series would also become a "spot the mistake" of those "things" weren't around in the Sixties, even if they tried to CGI eveything out in the background to make it look like a Sixties landscape. Though I think it sort of works for an office-bound series like Mad Men, it would end up looking clichéd, stereotyped and hokey in a Bond movie, much like the recent UNCLE movie, IMHO.

Sorry, bad typing on the original comment. Should have been hired LOGAN to write Bond 24 and Bond 25. That's what I get for typing at that hour of the morning. I'll go fix the original.
    I think SP had loads of Fleming in it. The conference sequence in Rome, Bond with Lucia Sciarra, a lot of the early scenes with Blofeld (the meteor room etc) all looked and sounded like scenes Fleming would depict. One small scene, Bond and Madeleine waiting at the station, and the arrival of the Rolls, one critic stated it could of come from one of Flemings novels.
    For Bond 25 I would love for them to hire Paul Haggis again, but I think after what happened on QoS where he was unable to do a final re-write, may discourage him from scripting another Bond.
    I wouldn't want Haggis anywhere near Bond, again. I think the past talents (some of them only by name) had their chances and now, fresh blood would be more convenient to act upon. Bond needs fresh blood, but very talented at that, as well.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited May 2016 Posts: 4,554
    You don't think DC and EON are playing the media and fans? Of course they are. This is all free publicity for a Bond film that hasn't even gone into preproduction yet!
    But who would that be, ClarkDevlin? They would be untested. I'm going on the interview with Director Roger Michell, who was asked to helm CR. He claims the original script by Purvis/Wade was terrible, and turned it down, but he got to read the revised screenplay by Paul Haggis and it was a huge improvement! I also think there was lots of good stuff in QoS, more likely down to Haggis again!
    There are plenty of new talents out there, Mathis. They don't have to go for the undiscovered, just those who know Bond well enough to put him into ignition. The problem, personally, I had with Haggis was that he went too "lovey dovey" with some scenes in Casino Royale (like that stripped armour line). Quantum of Solace was good (and it could've been very good had they brought a better director and someone not trying to clone The Bourne Ultimatum in a Bond film by its visuals), but again, it didn't live up to the standards of what would be a great James Bond film. Eon just needs to stop playing safe with the 'key people' and get cracking instead. Now, look at the Russo Brothers, they were unknowns until they were brought in by the Marvel handlers and the result left the audience wowed. It isn't like Eon has lesser privileges than some superhero production team. They can search and find the right people if they want. I think it would be great to hire a crew that would know what they'll be doing.
  • DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City
    How about we can play some music while waiting for the announcement of Bond 25.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 1,631
    But who would that be, ClarkDevlin? They would be untested. I'm going on the interview with Director Roger Michell, who was asked to helm CR. He claims the original script by Purvis/Wade was terrible, and turned it down, but he got to read the revised screenplay by Paul Haggis and it was a huge improvement! I also think there was lots of good stuff in QoS, more likely down to Haggis again!

Michell was asked to direct Quantum of Solace, not Casino Royale.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 377
    i dont know enough about this stuff
    I think SP had loads of Fleming in it. The conference sequence in Rome, Bond with Lucia Sciarra, a lot of the early scenes with Blofeld (the meteor room etc) all looked and sounded like scenes Fleming would depict. One small scene, Bond and Madeleine waiting at the station, and the arrival of the Rolls, one critic stated it could of come from one of Flemings novels.
    For Bond 25 I would love for them to hire Paul Haggis again, but I think after what happened on QoS where he was unable to do a final re-write, may discourage him from scripting another Bond.
    I think more people should read Fleming before writing about his novels.
  • Aziz_FekkeshAziz_Fekkesh Royale-les-Eaux
    I thought Logan had been responsible for a daft early script for SP (including African warlord Blofeld, eyes in jars in Spectre meeting, etc.) and that P&W had come in to salvage what they could?

I'm pretty pleased with the film we got. Could it have been better? Sure, but it could've been a lot worse.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited May 2016 Posts: 17,809
    One good thing that could come from Disney getting Bond is that @Dragonpol would finally get to see Never Send Flowers adapted to the screen, with a finale set in Disneyland Paris. Stranger things have happened.

Yes, that would be a dream come true for me, in all seriousness. To that extent at least I'd back Disney buying the Bond franchise over. At least there'd be one Bond fan in the cinemas! I was thinking about starting a thread to discuss this eventuality but I probably shouldn't! :))
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited May 2016 Posts: 10,588
    Rundown of B25 news as of May, 2016. Hopefully, we receive some more exciting, concrete news within the next couple months:

Potential spoilers below

February 2015
    -Rumors spark that Spectre and Bond 25 will share a two story arc, according to a report from Film Divider. Speculation suggests that Léa Seydoux and Christoph Waltz have signed on to reprise their roles, though the accuracy of these rumors is questioned
    June 2015
    -Variety reports that the distribution rights for the Bond franchise will be up for grabs following Spectre's release and Sony's departure from the series, and lists Warner Bros. as a viable candidate due to their recent partnerships with MGM on films such as the Hobbit franchise and the upcoming "Creed"
    July 2015
    -Sam Mendes reveals he will not direct any more Bonds after Spectre, making it unlikely for Bond 25 to be a direct sequel to its predecessor
    August 2015
    -Daniel Craig confirms in an interview he has no plans for the next 2 years, but is considering some theater work in NY, opening up the possibility for another 3 year gap
    September 2015
    -When asked in an interview for Esquire whether he'd be open to doing a 5th film in his tenure, Craig responds with, "At this moment, no. I have a life and I’ve got to get on with it a bit. But we’ll see.”
    October 2015
    -Daniel Craig hints in numerous interviews that he'll likely return for Bond 25, but is quoted as 'needing a break.'
    -A questionable rumour from Express.co.uk suggests that the series' 25th entry will be a period film, with it being set in the 60s
    -Spectre's ending sets us up for a return of a few key cast members
    November 2015
    -Following Spectre's critical success, Sam Mendes doesn't rule out making his Bond helm a trilogy
    -Craig more or less confirms he will be back for Bond 25, saying he is 'not gone yet.'
    -In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, producer Michael G. Wilson confirms that a new distributor for the franchise will be chosen sometime near February 2016; also reconfirms a likely return for Craig
    -Michael G. Wilson hints at another 3 year gap
    -Producer Barbara Broccoli reveals development on B25 could begin sometime near Spring 2016
    -Léa Seydoux admits to the press she has not been asked to return for B25, but would love to if given the opportunity
    -Daniel Craig is announced to play Iago alongside David Oyelowo in the upcoming "Othello" in 2016, which may interfere with his role in the development of B25
    December 2015
    -The Mirror stirs rumours that director Guy Ritchie of The Man from UNCLE fame has been tipped to helm Bond 25, after the producers allegedly enjoyed the film
    January 2016
    -According to reports, Christoph Waltz has signed on to reprise his role as Ernst Stavro Blofeld for two more consecutive Bond films, as long as Craig returns as Bond
    -Multiple tabloids claim a similar story in which the producers have offered Daniel Craig to film both Bond 25 and 26 back to back, due to his requests for time off
    -While on the Graham Norton show, Ralph Fiennes revealed he will return for another and possibly penultimate time as Bond's boss
    February 2016
    -Daniel Craig is reported to star in a Todd Field directed limited series adaptation of Jonathan Franzen's Purity
    -Daniel Craig's reps confirm he is not "quitting" the role of Bond, despite reports from The Sun that claim otherwise
    -Associate producer Gregg Wilson states that creative work for B25 has yet to begin, but that as far as he is concerned, Craig is still Bond
    -Wilson also states that they have begun to look for the next real world threat to center a B25 plotline around
    -In another likely attempt to stir rumors, The Sun reports that both EoN and MGM are desperate to keep Craig in the role, and are willing to delay B25 to accommodate for his involvements in other plans
    -Actor Mark Strong, a close friend of Daniel Craig, is quoted as saying he thinks Craig is done with the role
    -The producers are reportedly eyeing Croatia, particularly Dubrovnik, as a filming location for B25 according to Croatian newspaper Croatia Week, after franchises like Game of Thrones and Star Wars had filmed in the country
    March 2016
    -Multiple outlets report that Poldark's Aidan Turner has been tipped to succeed Daniel Craig as James Bond, and has been rather coy when asked to comment in interviews
    -At the Empire Awards, Sam Mendes states that he is still unsure about whether Craig will return or not. "I think you’ve got to feel 100% to come back, and I think he knows that. He needs to have a break and do another role and see how he feels after that. I’ll be watching with as much interest as you guys."
    -At an MGM conference call, CEO Gary Barber confirms that Bond films will be released on a three-to-four year cycle; also states that there is 'no rush' for making a distribution deal
    -Ben Whishaw states in an interview that he thinks Craig will return
    -The Mirror reports that producer Barbara Broccoli is set on The Night Manager's Tom Hiddleston as Craig's replacement, but is likely building on previous rumours
    April 2016
    -Tom Hiddleston denies having ever had discusstions with EoN about possibly succeeding Craig as Bond
    -Sam Mendes' next project is announced for DreamWorks' The Voyeur's Motel, to be directed by Mendes and produced by both him and Steven Spielberg, effectively ruling him out for B25
    -Ralph Fiennes tells Den of Geek that he doesn't know whether he will come back as M or not, and that his return relies on Daniel Craig's pending decision
    -Baz Bamigboye of the Daily Mail reports that Barbara Broccoli is set to produce Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool, hinting that there is no urgency in commencing production on B25
    May 2016
    -Hiddleston further deflates any rumors that he is involved with replacing Craig
    -A new addition in a set of likely false tabloid rumours states that an "unknown source" has spotted Tom Hiddleston meeting with producers Barbara and Michael about possibly playing Fleming's creation in a future film
    -Hiddleston's representatives deny having ever had talks with EoN
    -Daily Mail reports that Daniel Craig has turned down a $68 million deal to return as Bond in both Bond 25 and Bond 26
    -Just as the news was catching interest from several media outlets, BBC claims that Bond officials contacted them to deny any validity surrounding the story
    -In an interview with Total Film, John Logan hints that he has no plans to script the forthcoming Bond film, going against earlier statements from MGM that confirmed his writing duties for both B24 and B25
  • DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City
    If i can be the writer to script for Bond 25 and Bond 26, that'll be great if i have to.
    I thought Logan had been responsible for a daft early script for SP (including African warlord Blofeld, eyes in jars in Spectre meeting, etc.) and that P&W had come in to salvage what they could?

I'm pretty pleased with the film we got. Could it have been better? Sure, but it could've been a lot worse.

Logan's drafts included an African warlord Blofeld (Blofeld was an alias) and also a woman Blofeld.
    //-In an interview with Total Film, John Logan hints that he has no plans to script the forthcoming Bond film, going against earlier reports that confirmed his writing duties for both B24 and B25//

MGM announced Logan would write Bond 24 and Bond 25. That's not from "reports," it came out on an investor call in November 2012.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 2,115
    Just to be precise:

-- Baz Bamigboye of the Daily Mail reported Logan would write Bond 24 and that Purvis & Wade were out.

--Deadline: Hollywood reported Logan was writing Bond 24 and Bond 25.

--Barbara Broccoli denied Logan had been hired to write Bond 24 and Bond 25.

--MGM CEO Gary Barber announced Logan had, indeed, been hired to write Bond 24 and Bond 25.

All of the above in fall 2012. Things changed later.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Rundown of B25 news as of May, 2016. Hopefully, we receive some more exciting, concrete news within the next couple months:

Potential spoilers below

February 2015
    -Rumors spark that Spectre and Bond 25 will share a two story arc, according to a report from Film Divider. Speculation suggests that Léa Seydoux and Christoph Waltz have signed on to reprise their roles, though the accuracy of these rumors is questioned
    June 2015
    -Variety reports that the distribution rights for the Bond franchise will be up for grabs following Spectre's release and Sony's departure from the series, and lists Warner Bros. as a viable candidate due to their recent partnerships with MGM on films such as the Hobbit franchise and the upcoming "Creed"
    July 2015
    -Sam Mendes reveals he will not direct any more Bonds after Spectre, making it unlikely for Bond 25 to be a direct sequel to its predecessor
    August 2015
    -Daniel Craig confirms in an interview he has no plans for the next 2 years, but is considering some theater work in NY, opening up the possibility for another 3 year gap
    September 2015
    -When asked in an interview for Esquire whether he'd be open to doing a 5th film in his tenure, Craig responds with, "At this moment, no. I have a life and I’ve got to get on with it a bit. But we’ll see.”
    October 2015
    -Daniel Craig hints in numerous interviews that he'll likely return for Bond 25, but is quoted as 'needing a break.'
    -A questionable rumour from Express.co.uk suggests that the series' 25th entry will be a period film, with it being set in the 60s
    November 2015
    -Following Spectre's critical success, Sam Mendes doesn't rule out making his Bond helm a trilogy
    -Craig more or less confirms he will be back for Bond 25, saying he is 'not gone yet.'
    -In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, producer Michael G. Wilson confirms that a new distributor for the franchise will be chosen sometime near February 2016; also reconfirms a likely return for Craig
    -Producer Barbara Broccoli reveals development on B25 could begin sometime near Spring 2016
    -Léa Seydoux admits to the press she has not been asked to return for B25, but would love to if given the opportunity
    -Daniel Craig is announced to play Iago alongside David Oyelowo in the upcoming "Othello" in 2016, which may interfere with his role in the development of B25
    December 2015
    -The Mirror stirs rumours that director Guy Ritchie of The Man from UNCLE fame has been tipped to helm Bond 25, after the producers allegedly enjoyed the film
    January 2016
    -According to reports, Christoph Waltz has signed on to reprise his role as Ernst Stavro Blofeld for two more consecutive Bond films, as long as Craig returns as Bond
    -Multiple tabloids claim a similar story in which the producers have offered Daniel Craig to film both Bond 25 and 26 back to back, due to his requests for time off
    -While on the Graham Norton show, Ralph Fiennes revealed he will return for another and possibly penultimate time as Bond's boss
    February 2016
    -Daniel Craig is reported to star in a Todd Field directed limited series adaptation of Jonathan Franzen's Purity
    -Daniel Craig's reps confirm he is not "quitting" the role of Bond, despite reports from The Sun that claim otherwise
    -Associate producer Gregg Wilson states that creative work for B25 has yet to begin, but that as far as he is concerned, Craig is still Bond
    -Wilson also states that they have begun to look for the next real world threat to center a B25 plotline around
    -In another likely attempt to stir rumors, The Sun reports that both EoN and MGM are desperate to keep Craig in the role, and are willing to delay B25 to accommodate for his involvements in other plans
    -Actor Mark Strong, a close friend of Daniel Craig, is quoted as saying he thinks Craig is done with the role
    -The producers are reportedly eyeing Croatia, particularly Dubrovnik, as a filming location for B25 according to Croatian newspaper Croatia Week, after franchises like Game of Thrones and Star Wars had filmed in the country
    March 2016
    -Multiple outlets report that Poldark's Aidan Turner has been tipped to succeed Daniel Craig as James Bond, and has been rather coy when asked to comment in interviews
    -At the Empire Awards, Sam Mendes states that he is still unsure about whether Craig will return or not. "I think you’ve got to feel 100% to come back, and I think he knows that. He needs to have a break and do another role and see how he feels after that. I’ll be watching with as much interest as you guys."
    -At an MGM conference call, CEO Gary Barber confirms that Bond films will be released on a three-to-four year cycle; also states that there is 'no rush' for making a distribution deal
    -The Mirror reports that producer Barbara Broccoli is set on The Night Manager's Tom Hiddleston as Craig's replacement, but is likely building on previous rumours
    April 2016
    -Tom Hiddleston denies having ever had discusstions with EoN about possibly succeeding Craig as Bond
    -Sam Mendes' next project is announced for DreamWorks' The Voyeur's Motel, to be directed by Mendes and produced by both him and Steven Spielberg, effectively ruling him out for B25
    -Ralph Fiennes tells Den of Geek that he doesn't know whether he will come back as M or not, and that his return relies on Daniel Craig's pending decision
    -Baz Bamigboye of the Daily Mail reports that Barbara Broccoli is set to produce Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool, hinting that there is no urgency in commencing production on B25
    May 2016
    -Hiddleston further deflates any rumors that he is involved with replacing Craig
    -A new addition in a set of likely false tabloid rumours states that an "unknown source" has spotted Tom Hiddleston meeting with producers Barbara and Michael about possibly playing Fleming's creation in a future film
    -Daily Mail reports that Daniel Craig has turned down a $68 million deal to return as Bond in both Bond 25 and Bond 26
    -Just as the news was catching interest from several media outlets, BBC claims that Bond officials contacted them to deny any validity surrounding the story
    -In an interview with Total Film, John Logan hints that he has no plans to script the forthcoming Bond film, going against earlier reports that confirmed his writing duties for both B24 and B25
    Just to be precise:

-- Baz Bamigboye of the Daily Mail reported Logan would write Bond 24 and that Purvis & Wade were out.

--MGM CEO Gary Barber announced Logan had, indeed, been hired to write Bond 24 and Bond 25.

Thanks guys for the summaries.

Such a soap opera. Both kinda sad and pathetic... and absolutely hilarious.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Thanks, @AlexanderWaverly for the corrections.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited May 2016 Posts: 8,090
    If late 2019 is the most likely release date, then production should begin around late 2018. So we really just have two years to wait before Bond is back, and in that time we will learn who the new distributor is, whether Craig is going or staying, who the producers will be (I don't think MGW has another one in him, unfortunately) as well as director and writers. Plus on top of that the usual speculation cycles, so we Bond fans have a very busy 2 years ahead. :D
    Tuulia wrote: »

Potential spoilers below

February 2015
    June 2015
    July 2015
    August 2015
    September 2015
    October 2015
    November 2015
    December 2015
    January 2016
    February 2016
    March 2016
    April 2016
    May 2016
    -In an interview with Total Film, John Logan hints that he has no plans to script the forthcoming Bond film, going against earlier reports that confirmed his writing duties for both B24 and B25
    Just to be precise:

Agreed. Eon are really making imbeciles out of themselves.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Tuulia wrote: »

Potential spoilers below

February 2015
    June 2015
    July 2015
    August 2015
    September 2015
    October 2015
    November 2015
    December 2015
    January 2016
    February 2016
    March 2016
    April 2016
    May 2016
    Just to be precise:

Agreed. Eon are really making imbeciles out of themselves.

Yeah, its an absolute shambles at the moment.
    That's probably a bit harsh, @ClarkDevlin. Don't forget Eon are also in the middle of negotiating distribution rights' as Sony's deal has just expired. This was meant to have been sorted out by Easter, but clearly something is holding this up. I should imagine as soon as this matter has been settled then we'll hear more about the next Bond movie.