No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    if they are going with a new actor, that's a big IF, then that is something they would have to agree on with the new distributor...
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    My biggest fear actually is that in May 2017 we will still have no info whatsoever regarding Bond 25 or Craig.
    Will have a director annaonced by the summer. My prediction
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Getafix wrote: »
    Whoever is responsible is doing a bad job of managing the media.

It often feels like EON is a two man band. You can imagine Babs manning the phones while MGW scrabbles around for a paper and pad to take notes.

That's exactly the impression I'm left with. Its been 6 months since SP and no news on Bond 25, no news on whether Craig is returning and no news on the new distributor. What are they doing over there, screwing up pieces of paper and throw them into a bin from across the room?
    How much news did we realistically have at this point between SF and Spectre?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited May 2016 Posts: 40,472
    @jake24, I've noted it elsewhere a couple of months back, but we had a few rumblings around this point, compared to the lack of any sort of news received after SP's release.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @jake24, I've noted it elsewhere a couple of months back, but we had a few rumblings around this point, compared to the lack of any sort of news received after SP's release.

Today they're in a unique situation: they had a distributor between SF & SP. They were waiting for Mendes. They had DC under contract.

I imagine if the distributor business goes on and on, it might force DC into retirement.

But, as of now, I would guess the business at hand is all about finding a distributor first, and working on outlines for different stories, second.

Personally, I still believe that Craig has been done for some time, and him being done with the role is inevitable. Just a feeling I have.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Personally, I still believe that Craig has been done for some time, and him being done with the role is inevitable. Just a feeling I have.

Yea I agree. And I think we are for some Bond down time just like post LTK. For different but somewhat similar reasons.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Yea I agree. And I think we are for some Bond down time just like post LTK. For different but somewhat similar reasons.
    Agreed. This is exactly what I think as well.
    Thanks Roger :-)

Why is the media intent on saying Daniel Craig has quit as Bond? He has not. He is the incumbent actor in the role until he says otherwise

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    mcdonbb wrote: »

I hope not. Not longer than 4 years, anyway.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    About the time of SP's release recall DC saying he needed around six months to think about whether or not he wants to devote another two years of his life for a fifth film. It's been over six months now.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited May 2016 Posts: 1,756
    Bond 25: Bond and Madeleine settle down on a coutryside chicken farm.

The whole film centers on the struggles they have running it.

And a 007 theme with this style. And a gunbarrel inside a chicken's mouth.

Featuring TOM FORD overalls and TOM FORD farming equipment. TOM FORD haystack, $10000.
    I have a few wishes for B25, but the most important one of all is not to see Bond in any domestic situation with Madeline. No Lethal Weapon 4 or MI3 style suburban family struggle nonsense. That would just kill me.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    bondjames wrote: »
    I have a few wishes for B25, but the most important one of all is not to see Bond in any domestic situation with Madeline. No Lethal Weapon 4 or MI3 style suburban family struggle nonsense. That would just kill me.

Like the incredibles? =))
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883

Like the incredibles? =))
    I haven't actually seen that (although I have and love the soundtrack) but yes, like that. Please no!!

True Lies pretty much nailed it 20 years ago anyway.
    I've always envisioned something along the lines of the beginning of The Bourne Supremacy (without Madeleine dying). If inventive and done correctly, I think it might work.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    jake24 wrote: »
    I've always envisioned something along the lines of the beginning of The Bourne Supremacy (without Madeleine dying). If inventive and done correctly, I think it might work.
    Yes, that could work, as long as it's done in a similar way tonally. It's the suburban family thing that I can't stand in this genre, with the neighbours and the house etc. Bourne had far east atmosphere in those early scenes and interwove it nicely with the assassin's arrival. Yes, you're right. I can go with that.

The closest we got to it (and I didn't like it) in Bond so far was baking quiche at Stacy's.
    Yes, that could work, as long as it's done in a similar way tonally. It's the suburban family thing that I can't stand in this genre, with the neighbours and the house etc. Bourne had far east atmosphere in those early scenes and interwove it nicely with the assassin's arrival. Yes, you're right. I can go with that.

The closest we got to it (and I didn't like it) in Bond so far was baking quiche at Stacy's.
    Yes, I wouldn't like that suburban angle either. I was thinking more along the lines of a secluded paradise (maybe GoldenEye resort?)
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

I do like quiche though. And that one looked yummy. :D

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Now that I'm on social media I'm informed :))

TAKE THIS!

full.jpg
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Let the king speak! Sir Rog does it again!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Sir Rog's been in this game. He gets it. Fans are frustrated because we live in an age of instant gratification.

Everyone should take a deep breath, listen to Sir Rog's wisdom (after all, he's lived it while playing this exact role), and he probably understands that Craig may want to take each film as a case-by-case as Roger himself did in the 80s.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited May 2016 Posts: 16,330
    Finally someone who gets it. :D
    IP8bTUUm.jpg
    Roger Moore, I salute you! Until an official statement from EON, I still believe Craig will return!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Bond 25: Bond and Madeleine settle down on a coutryside chicken farm.

The whole film centers on the struggles they have running it.

And a 007 theme with this style. And a gunbarrel inside a chicken's mouth.

Featuring TOM FORD overalls and TOM FORD farming equipment. TOM FORD haystack, $10000.

And the beauty of it is he could get as much scrambled eggs as he wants without paying for them.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    I know we're all eager for news on Bond 25, as am I. But why are the media in such a rush? SP was barely done shooting and already they were more focused on the next one. Other than Bond being good site traffic, what's the hurry?

And especially this week. Shouldn't they be more occupied with happenings at Cannes and the Upfronts in the US?
    Only if the film culminates with Bond gathering enough eggs to make Stacey Sutton the best damn quiche she's ever had in her life.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Only if the film culminates with Bond gathering enough eggs to make Stacey Sutton the best damn quiche she's ever had in her life.

SPECTRE could unleash the Virus Omega and threaten Bond s farm. This would force him out of retirement.
    Yes, Roger of all people knows this stuff. Maybe DC is pulling an Octopussy, and EON is James Brolin-ing him