Worst Lines in All of Bond

Comments

• ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    This thread reminded me that DAD was almost as intolerable as AVTAK in the making-out scenes.
    HASEROT wrote: »
    "I'm soo good."

"Mmmm.. Especially when you're baad."

- what a way for Broz to go out.. IMO, it's about creepiest and most cringeworthy moment in the series - right up there with Christopher Walken trying to force a kiss on Grace Jones.

And to think people actually got paid to write those lines ...
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    Yeah, that makes that the Christmas line in TWINE look good, LOL.
    I realised that this line from TWINE is particularly dumb:

"Do you know what happens when a man is strangled?"

Errrrrm... He... dies?

I believe if a man is strangled he can become uh, physically aroused. That's why she climbs onto his lap. It's pretty dark, actually.
    (someone correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not 100% certain on that.)
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 4,325
    jackdagger wrote: »
    I realised that this line from TWINE is particularly dumb:

"Do you know what happens when a man is strangled?"

Errrrrm... He... dies?

I believe if a man is strangled he can become uh, physically aroused. That's why she climbs onto his lap. It's pretty dark, actually.
    (someone correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not 100% certain on that.)

You are absolutely right. In fact it's that scene alone that I can only fathom a 12 rather than PG rating. The BBFC are really inconsistent - I mean why is M:I 2 a '15'?!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I actually loved that whole exchange.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    As in GoldenEye the whole movie but here are 3 scenes.

1. PTS
    2. Dr. Kaufmann
    3. "Give the people what they want" "Aaaaaaaaaarhhhhhhhhhhh"
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited March 2016 Posts: 7,973

1. PTS
    2. Dr. Kaufmann

I take it you mean TND here? Personally, I like the exchange between Bond and Kaufmann. I don't like the exchange between 'I've made my bed' Teri Hatcher and Brosnan. I really don't see why she plays that role. All her lines fall flat, but I never blamed the script, as she's so bad in that role.

Nr. 3 is, indeed, bad. and badly delivered too.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

1. PTS
    2. Dr. Kaufmann

I take it you mean TND here? Personally, I like the exchange between Bond and Kaufmann. I don't like the exchange between 'I've made my bed' Teri Hatcher and Brosnan. I really don't see why she plays that role. All her lines fall flat, but I never blamed the script, as she's so bad in that role.

I agree with you there.

The whole "You forgot the first rule of mass media..." wasn't exactly TND's finest hour.
    If only Monica Bellucci had been cast as Paris.
    If only!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Ah! if only!
    Ah! if only!
    You know? That said... I could do with some "Lucia and Bond" love story. Ugh no, not a love story like Vesper and Madeleine, just the two of them knowing they understand one another and be there for one another in an on-and-off relationship.
    Ah! if only!
    You know? That said... I could do with some "Lucia and Bond" love story. Ugh no, not a love story like Vesper and Madeleine, just the two of them knowing they understand one another and be there for one another in an on-and-off relationship.
    Would work with Madeleine as well. I think people are reading far too much in that 'I love you' line. Their relationship isn't at Vesper level at all.
    Ah! if only!
    Would work with Madeleine as well. I think people are reading far too much in that 'I love you' line. Their relationship isn't at Vesper level at all.
    Yeah, it could work if they turn it into that and drift away from the Swansong scenario in parallel with OHMSS. I'd give them the Sylvia Trench kind of relationship if I had a say in it.

1. PTS
    2. Dr. Kaufmann

I agree with you there.

The whole "You forgot the first rule of mass media..." wasn't exactly TND's finest hour.

Oh that shame...
    I accidentally posted this in the wrong thread, it was meant for 3 best scenes of TND

X_X

PS: I like the death scene of Carver, really :P

1. PTS
    2. Dr. Kaufmann

I agree with you there.

Oh that shame...
    I accidentally posted this in the wrong thread, it was meant for 3 best scenes of TND

X_X

I've no problem with Carver. It was Brosnan who misacted or overacted in that scene that made me cringe a little, and I like Brosnan as Bond.
  • GBFGBF
    I don't mind Brosnan but his lines after he had killed a main villain were all bad and often completely out of place.

The deathes of Carver, King and Graves are good examples for this. In GE the final exchange between Bond and Alec is however very good and emotional.
    The "Time To Face Destiny" and "Time To Face Gravity" is cringeworthy indeed. I would definitely do some modifications to the final encounter between Bond and Graves if given the chance, really.
    The "Time To Face Destiny" and "Time To Face Gravity" is cringeworthy indeed. I would definitely do some modifications to the final encounter between Bond and Graves if given the chance, really.

I sat in the cinema and just was gobsmacked that at no point in the production someone didn't go 'that line about Time to Face Gravity, you know it's horrible'. It made it into the shooting script, Pierce was prepared to say it, it made it past the edit - how?! In fact how did most of DAD succeed in making it to the final film?! Was everyone involved just oblivious to how crap it all was?!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I know many disagree here but I found "I never miss" after the death of Elektra rather cringe worthy as well.

I don't know if that expression on Dench's face was on account of the line, the delivery or the smooch.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I know many disagree here but I found "I never miss" after the death of Elektra rather cringe worthy as well.

I don't know if that expression on Dench's face was on account of the line, the delivery or the smooch.

I have to say that line never bothered me too much.
  • GBFGBF
    edited March 2016 Posts: 3,195
    tanaka123 wrote: »

I really like the final encounter of Bond and Elektra and also her death but the line is completely out of place and ruins at least part of the emotional atmosphere. I mean we are supposed to believe that there is an emotional struggle since Bond feels for Elktra. If so he would not deliver such a line in that emotional moment.
    GBF wrote: »

I really like the final encounter of Bond and Elektra and also her death but the line is completely out of place and ruins at least part of the emotional atmosphere. I mean we are supposed to believe that there is an emotional struggle since Bond feels for Elktra. If so he would not deliver such a line in that emotional moment.

That's something I never picked up on. Never found their encounters more then lust at best.
  • AntiLocqueBrakesAntiLocqueBrakes The edge

I sat in the cinema and just was gobsmacked that at no point in the production someone didn't go 'that line about Time to Face Gravity, you know it's horrible'. It made it into the shooting script, Pierce was prepared to say it, it made it past the edit - how?! In fact how did most of DAD succeed in making it to the final film?! Was everyone involved just oblivious to how crap it all was?!

Gravity didn't even kill GG.

1. PTS
    2. Dr. Kaufmann

I agree with you there.

Oh that shame...

X_X

I thought that seemed strange inasmuch as those are choice cuts from TND.

Likewise. Thought it was a pretty decent line, actually.

DAD's existence is inexplicable by means of logic and rationality. I think collective psychosis came into the picture--so to speak.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    To me it was inevitable they were chasing the Austin Powers crowd. They had basically lost faith in their own product and had decided to essentially parody themselves & their history to stay relevant at the box office. I'm certain they felt that this was what audiences wanted.

True to an extent, at least from a box office standpoint, but there was also a demand for serious fare, which Bourne proved in the same year.
    To me it was inevitable they were chasing the Austin Powers crowd. They had basically lost faith in their own product and had decided to essentially parody themselves & their history to stay relevant at the box office. I'm certain they felt that this was what audiences wanted.

True to an extent, at least from a box office standpoint, but there was also a demand for serious fare, which Bourne proved in the same year.

DAD may have just missed the new trend that Bourne started, but look at other action films of that time.
    Charlie's Angels, XXX

DAD for certain was a good match for those movies at the BO. DAD was the most successful Brosnan Bond.