Worst Lines in All of Bond

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Stop that winking! Are you gay or something?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Stop that winking! Are you gay or something?
    8a9c06e91d77.gif
    Oh, you are Javier Bardem? Wink away!
    Oh, you are Javier Bardem? Wink away!
    "O dear, o dear, o dear."
    tumblr_n7i7bduW261sh1z9to1_400.gif
    Ha ha!
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 1,817
    Ten worst lines in all of Bond:

"A palace of ice, you must feel right at home."
    ~Bond to Frost, Die Another Day

"Thanks for the kiss of life!"
    ~Bond, Die Another Day

"Time to face gravity!"
    ~Bond to Graves, Die Another Day

"Read this, Bitch!"
    ~Jinx to Frost, Die Another Day

"Now there's a name to die for."
    ~Bond to Mr. Kil, Die Another Day

"Now there's a mouthful."
    ~Jinx to Bond, Die Another Day

"I don't like cockfights."
    ~Verity, Die Another Day

"Switch them off, or I'll be half the girl I used to be!"
    ~Jinx, Die Another Day

"I take it Mr. Bond's been explaining his Big Bang Theory?"
    "Oh yeah, I think I got the thrust of it."
    ~Frost and Jinx, Die Another Day

"Wait, don't pull it out."
    "It's a perfect fit."
    "I am so good."
    "Especially when you're bad."
    ~The most cringeworthy end dialogue I have heard in a film, period, Die Another Day
    Sometimes, I really can't stand Fatima Blush... I mean she's sensational and all but you could see how fake is her theatrical performance as well as the voice... The moment she says "You affect me, James." makes me really cringe.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Sometimes, I really can't stand Fatima Blush... I mean she's sensational and all but you could see how fake is her theatrical performance as well as the voice... The moment she says "You affect me, James." makes me really cringe.

TBH she's one of the reasons why I can't see that film as a true Bond-film. I really don't understand what they were thinking. But then again, I don't find her attractive at all. She isn't even a spec in the shadow of Fiona.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    She 'affected' me, I'll tell you right now. Great bod on her.

She was unquestionably the template for Onatopp in GE. Right down to the sex crazed tendencies.
    "You got a secret, something you can't tell anyone. Because you don't trust anyone"
    That's what a secret is... Was hoping they wouldn't use this line when i saw it in the trailer, but they did...
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    "You got a secret, something you can't tell anyone. Because you don't trust anyone"
    That's what a secret is... Was hoping they wouldn't use this line when i saw it in the trailer, but they did...
    It isn't a strange line when you work for a secret service. Of course he has secrets, but this is one he doesn't share with his office (hence: something you won't tell anyone). I thought it made perfect sense.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Of course; Mr.White. - SP

I love you. - SP

It's all a matter of perspective. - SP

Be careful with that, it's loaded. - SP

It was either that or the priesthood. - SP

Can't any of you speak!? - SP (When I first heard this is thought she was speaking a different language)

Instinct. - SP

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2016 Posts: 10,588
    The line is "Something you won't tell anyone", implying that Bond had no plans to let out this secret.

@doubleoego, perhaps I need to be briefed on the sheer horridness of the "Of course, Mr. White" line, because I just don't seem to get it.

~Bond, Die Another Day

"Time to face gravity!"

"Read this, Bitch!"

~Verity, Die Another Day

~Jinx, Die Another Day

"It's a perfect fit."
    "I am so good."
    ~The most cringeworthy end dialogue I have heard in a film, period, Die Another Day

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I detect a certain pattern in your selections.

doubleoego wrote: »

I love you. - SP

Can't any of you speak!? - SP (When I first heard this is thought she was speaking a different language)

Instinct. - SP

If those are SP's worst then SP's script is pretty dam' good.

edited March 2016 Posts: 23,883

~Bond, Die Another Day

"Time to face gravity!"

"Read this, Bitch!"

~Verity, Die Another Day

~Jinx, Die Another Day

"It's a perfect fit."
    "I am so good."
    I can't believe you forgot the most legendary line from this fiasco of a film. I won't mention it here but it's maternal in nature.

It's interesting from reading the above how many phallic references there are in DAD, especially if you consider the ones referring to 'points' which you didn't mention. It's almost like P & W were going through some kind of obsessive phase or something.
    doubleoego wrote: »

I love you. - SP

Instinct. - SP

If those are SP's worst then SP's script is pretty dam' good.

here here!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    It's the flavour of the month to bash SP it seems.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited March 2016 Posts: 40,473
    The only standout lines from SP that really bothered me were "Of course; Mr. White!" and Swann's "What's that?" when the Rolls Royce approaches...what do you mean "What's that?" It's a car. What kind of question is that?

Nothing will ever beat "Yo momma." from DAD, though.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    The only standout lines from SP that really bothered me were "Of course; Mr. White!" and Swann's "What's that?" when the Rolls Royce approaches...what do you mean "What's that?" It's a car. What kind of question is that?

Nothing will ever beat "Yo momma." from DAD, though.
    Ok, someone needs to explain to me why "Of course, Mr. White" is a bad line.
    It's the overacted eagerness behind him yelling that. What's the point? They both know who Mr. White is, does he need to shout it out?
    It's the overacted eagerness behind him yelling that. What's the point? They both know who Mr. White is, does he need to shout it out?
    Even so, I still think labelling it one of the worst lines in the series is a bit of a stretch.
    Nothing in SP belongs into the category worst lines ever
    I never said it was one of the worst lines in the series, I only brought it up because we were on the discussion of bad lines in SP. The two I mentioned stand out as bad lines to me, but I do agree, they're far from being the worst in the entire series. As previously stated, a large portion of DAD takes that prize.
    Oh, how we've fallen since the promise of CR. Time for another reset it seems.
    I never said it was one of the worst lines in the series, I only brought it up because we were on the discussion of bad lines in SP. The two I mentioned stand out as bad lines to me, but I do agree, they're far from being the worst in the entire series. As previously stated, a large portion of DAD takes that prize.
    I know, but others have which I find unreasonable.
    bondjames wrote: »

Why?
    You don't like QOS SF and/or SP?

I see similarities between Brosnan and Craig's 4.
    No run can be perfect.

Craig like Brosnan delivered where it is the most important:
    Being successful and making sure we will get Bond movies for a long time into the future.
    bondjames wrote: »

Why?
    You don't like QOS SF and/or SP?.
    I'm referring to 'lines'. If we've come to the point where we're, as fans, going to excuse some of the banal drivel in SP, especially after the lyrical promise of CR, then we've fallen quite far imho.

The Craig era was meant to be different. Better. For a while, it certainly was.

It's unfortunate that there appears to be more depth in the exchanges between Cap & Stark & Wayne & Alfred in recent trailers from Marvel & DC respectively then anything in SP.

As I said, the Craig era, which started with so much promise, was meant to be better than this.

We're not talking DAD level of cringe certainly, but mediocre at best.
    @bondjames, are you saying the lines of SP are mediocre, or the lines that we've received since CR are mediocre?
    @Creasy47, I am referring specifically to SP because it was lines from that film which were highlighted above.

Definitely mediocre & I think we should all expect far more from Bond, & that includes 'cuckoo' & other such nonsense, along with all the M/C exchanges.

Whatever one may say about Dench, & I was one of her harsher critics, she always had meaningful dialogue & delivered it with aplomb. Not sure if that was at her insistence or not.'

There was nothing in SP that came even close to the Vesper/Bond train discussion, or the Silva monologue for that matter.