Worst Lines in All of Bond

Comments

• TubesTubes The Hebrew Hammer
    bondjames wrote: »
    mepal1 wrote: »
    Another bad line is when Pierce Brosnan in GE says "Bond, James Bond". :))

The one with Richards in the tunnel was really bad. "Barnd............James Barnd"

DC ran him close in SP when coming onto Lucia: "Bund. .....James........Bund"

Pierce's worst delivery is in TND when he's introduced to Carver. His eyes dart quickly to the right just before the lines, as if he's reacting to someone cueing him.
  • Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States
    Here's another one from Die Another Day!

Gustav Graves: "Time to draw the line." =))
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    "Oh, go on, then, eject me. See if I care."

Shudder.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Mommy was very bad.

The worst of them all.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    I love FYEO, but one line always makes me cringe:

"Moneypenney, a feast for my eyes."
    "What about the rest of you?"

brrrr
  • "Oh, go on, then, eject me. See if I care."

Shudder.

Loved it. A great humorous moment in a truly great film. I got more of a charge out of that one than any single line in SP.

• Mommy was very bad.

The worst of them all.

Nothing wrong with that one either. Bardem cracked me up at bit there, and with the lingering look in his eyes that followed.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited November 2015 Posts: 15,423
    Can I say... Tiffany Case's all lines after the first half of Diamonds Are Forever really get annoying? She was playful, demanding, intimidating, quiet and calculative in the first half, why not remain like that? It's like she's hit her head before arriving on the circus setpiece and completely changed characteristics... Go figure.
    "I don't like cock fights"

Madonna.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Mommy was very bad.

The worst of them all.

Yes. Agreed.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Mommy was very bad.
    The worst of them all.
    Yes. Agreed.
    Cracks me up every time.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    "I'm Pooped!" Bibi Dahl.
    Otherwise great movie. :))
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    For the wrong reasons though for me?
  • TLD: 'Except this cello' with added echo. Always irate me!
  • "Thank you, cuckoo."

F**k you.

Oh, and
    "Franz Oberhauser died in an avalanche twenty years ago. The man you're speaking to now, the man inside your head, is Ernst Stavro Blofeld."

That line means nothing to Bond, and it makes no sense as a dramatic revelation in the story. Bond literally does not react, because there is nothing he can possibly say in response to that, beyond maybe "Oh, okay. Cool."

Following it up with the first line, and what it represents, is the icing on the cake.
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 11,189
    yeah the "cock-fight" one is hideous. I think I'm the only one who finds the "cunning-linguist" one funny despite its crudity.

I'm also going to add Lowell's imitation of the "I love James so much" line.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    yeah the "cock-fight" one is hideous. I think I'm the only one who finds the "cunning-linguist" one funny despite its crudity.

I'm also going to add Lowell's imitation of the "I love James so much" line.

It's probably the way she says it that makes it bad. The 'cunning linguist'one. I don't Like Bond's Moneypenny one bit. I cringe every time I hear her say 'I know where to put that'.
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 11,189
    I like Bond's Moneypenny and I like her line delivery, except the very last one she has in DAD.

I've never understood why she gets pilloried around here yet Caroline Bliss gets off fairly lightly. Can't stand Bliss's MP, terrible actress.
    This one from Dalton in LTK cracked me up:

"Switch the BLOODY MACHINE OFF!!!"

Theatrics again.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Swann's "go to hell" line. In fact her entire ranting and raving at Bond really bothered me in that scene.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Swann's "go to hell" line. In fact her entire ranting and raving at Bond really bothered me in that scene.
    Agreed with this one. Her aggressive attitude felt really forced.
    Birdleson wrote: »

I won't argue that, but I still think she came off as more authentic than Craig in that scene.
    I have to agree with that, too. The "I don't have time for this" line also came off as weak and unrealistic.
  • SerialHitmanSerialHitman Plotting my revenge
    I don't think anything can beat the "predators" line in DAD.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

I won't argue that, but I still think she came off as more authentic than Craig in that scene.
    I have to agree with that, too. The "I don't have time for this" line also came off as weak and unrealistic.

Try raging in a foreign language... I agree on Swan and craig here. think the writing is pretty bad to be honest. Doesn't make sense. seems there's a part missing or something.

@SerialHitman yes, I think that is most definately the worst ever line in any film.
    edited December 2015 Posts: 15,423

Try raging in a foreign language... I agree on Swan and craig here. think the writing is pretty bad to be honest. Doesn't make sense. seems there's a part missing or something.

It's not about the way she speaks. Just the theatrics overall in that scene feels off for me. Back when the scripts were leaked, I've read it and sort of imagined it to be a good scene, as well as Bond's line from the PTS "Bottoms Up" (he should have spoke it louder and with more expressions). The way it was directed is the faulty aspect, just like Quantum of Solace's was the editing and the cinematography. Back to Swann, to tell you the truth, I liked her better as Sabine Moreau, the assassin from Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol. Seems like confident and silent characters suit her better. At least to me, judging by my point of view.
    @ClarkDevlin, I'll say this, she was indeed awesome in MI-GP.

RE: the scene in question, I found it a little overplayed as well, but accepted it because Bond says "you're in shock" or something like that, which sort of made it understandable. Connery Bond would have probably given her a slap or something to shake her out of it.

RE: the scene in question, I found it a little overplayed as well, but accepted it because Bond says "you're in shock" or something like that, which sort of made it understandable. Connery Bond would have probably given her a slap or something to shake her out of it.
    I have to agree with this, too. I do remember Bond slapping Paris Carver (then Harmsway) in the first draft for Tomorrow Never Dies, when she got to be hysterical. Funny how it was done in reverse later on.

I have to agree with this, too. I do remember Bond slapping Paris Carver (then Harmsway) in the first draft for Tomorrow Never Dies, when she got to be hysterical. Funny how it was done in reverse later on.
    I did not know that about the original TND script. I have always felt that scene was a mistake and that the Bond I know would have grabbed her hand first before it made contact. A watershed moment for me. He got slapped in TWINE as well, and again, I thought he should have caught the hand.
  • doubleoego wrote: »

I suspect it was an allusion to Natalia's reaction to Bond after he saved them from being blown up in the statue graveyard in GE. And I thought it was done well.

I did not know that about the original TND script. I have always felt that scene was a mistake and that the Bond I know would have grabbed her hand first before it made contact. A watershed moment for me. He got slapped in TWINE as well, and again, I thought he should have caught the hand.
    That's Barbara Broccoli for you. ;)