0BradyM0Bondfanatic7's Art and Writing Thread

Comments

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Good work! I love b/w...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Good work! I love b/w...
    Thanks, mate! Me too! It satisfies my affinity for the classic films of the 40s and 50s.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wow, I can't believe it's been well over a year since I've posted anything. Much of my time has been spent writing, with some anatomy sketch studies done in between, but as my schedule gets easier I'm finding more time for graphic art and the like.

I had to avoid any and all SP news during its production, but now I've been able to jump in and do some fan art for the film. These posters are what I've created thus far, with more on the way:

you_are_a_kite_dancing_in_a_hurricane__mr__bond__1_by_bradymajor-d9kl1ik.jpg

you_are_a_kite_dancing_in_a_hurricane__mr__bond__2_by_bradymajor-d9kl2h2.jpg

91635c65f921af36e4c936b7738dfa74-d9kl2nr.jpg[/quote]

spectre_tuxedo_poster__1_by_bradymajor-d9kpp6v.jpg

spectre_tuxedo_poster__2_by_bradymajor-d9kppkm.jpg
    spectre_tuxedo_poster__3_by_bradymajor-d9kppq5.jpg

spectre_tuxedo_poster__4_by_bradymajor-d9kppvj.jpg

As per usual, any and all feedback is more than welcomed!
  • SerialHitmanSerialHitman Plotting my revenge
    This is really very impressive. Keep up the good work!
    This is really very impressive. Keep up the good work!

Many thanks! Nice to see a fresh face around here.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited December 2015 Posts: 10,586
    Some excellent work there buddy! Particularly that first one.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Some excellent work there buddy! Particularly that first one.
    Many thanks, @jake24. I appreciate the feedback and support!

Well worth the wait and welcome back!!! :-bd
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Well worth the wait and welcome back!!! :-bd
    @RogueAgent, many thanks, my friend! I appreciate all the past and present support. :)>-
  • Still producing excellent work Brady - fantastic stuff Sir :)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Those are definitely the best Spectre posters I have seen so far.

No 1 and 5 I would love to have as posters or imagine that would be a steelbook!

These kind of graphics are my favourites.

The most played game by me since years is Framed which has a lot to do with the graphics.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/framed/id886565180
    edited September 2016 Posts: 9,020
    Alright, time to get psychotic with...um...some Psycho art. I will be re-watching this film today, so to get into the spirit of it I made some Blu-rays:

8073031782_76f6f09bd3_h.jpg

8073038037_2fbc4418d5_h.jpg

8073038887_f10a15037d_h.jpg

Absolutely love those, especially the third one!!
    8191502505_af0ade6fce_k.jpg

So you can do cartoons as well! :)) Bloody great

Sorry have to bring some highlights of this thread to the foreground ;)
    @BondJasonBond006, many thanks, my friend. You reposting that SF pun I did made me think of the other Bond related pun projects I've done in the past few years since joining the forums.

Enjoy:

http://i.imgur.com/x8njAFq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tJWlvDH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/a4bKrMf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PIxkifT.jpg

And my personal favorite:
    http://i.imgur.com/fLOGlVl.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I really like the one with Goldfinger s dungeon guard.
    @Thunderfinger, Sean creeps me the hell out with his face in that scene every time I watch it. That guard was not getting paid enough for that job.
    What was his pay? Kittens?
    Little golden statues of kittens, I think; you collect a whole set with no repeat statues and you get a week's vacation. Just Goldfinger being cheeky.
    This morning I had Humphrey Bogart on the mind, so I did up a few desktop wallpapers for personal use that focus on his iconic work in the genre of film noir:

9YAgLBA.jpg

er4HeZ2.png

JbF8e6n.jpg

d0tyc0U.jpg
    Pretty awesome, especially the last one!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Ah, ok.
    edited September 2016 Posts: 28,694

@BondJasonBond006, other than cleaning up the image and adding in some features to blend and complete what was cut off, that one is largely the original poster, just cropped.

They made such fantastic posters back then, it's a shame the tradition has died of these wonderful painted posters.

It'd be great if the Bond franchise could bring it back, as they were always such a contributor to strong poster art.

Ah, ok.

You okay there, @Mendes4Lyfe? ;)
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited September 2016 Posts: 7,965

@BondJasonBond006, other than cleaning up the image and adding in some features to blend and complete what was cut off, that one is largely the original poster, just cropped.

They made such fantastic posters back then, it's a shame the tradition has died of these wonderful painted posters.

It'd be great if the Bond franchise could bring it back, as they were always such a contributor to strong poster art.

Ah, ok.

You okay there, @Mendes4Lyfe? ;)

:)>-
    Bogie Says Stop is awesome, in both yellow and red. Especially red due to the symbolism.
    Bogie Says Stop is awesome, in both yellow and red. Especially red due to the symbolism.

Do you think the government in the states would switch STOP signs to Bogie STOP signs if I proposed this idea, @Thunderfinger? Worth a shot, at least, right?
    Go for it, what is the worst that can happen?
    Is there a term for the style/art you used for the Bogie and Spectre posters?

You seem to love to use the same style and quite frankly if I saw those posters or artwork on Blu-rays I would buy it all.
    @BondJamesBond006, the closest fit would probably be "minimalism" with a bit of my own digital touches and fixings thrown in. In a lot of my work I try to go the other route of the heavily photoshopped pictures and do pieces that utilize strong color and silhouettes that appear simpler to the eye than the posters we have today. Minimalism is essentially as it implies, using stripped down visuals that create a very simple composition.

I've got a few more SP posters drafted in sketches that I want to do that utilize the same minimalistic feel, so I'll let you know if/when I get to them.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited September 2016 Posts: 10,586
    You've got some real talent, @0BradyM0BondFanatic7!
    Yesterday the scene in Goldfinger crossed my mind where Oddjob first showcases his razor sharp hat to Bond, and I instantly thought after that about how Bond also does his own trademark hat toss. I then thought it'd be funny to do up a comic that featured a sort of "what if" scene in GF after the golf game ended exploring how Bond felt about Oddjob stealing his hat throwing thunder.

http://i.imgur.com/k7jXYGW.jpg