Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• I hope Brooklyn is gonna beat David O Russell's Joy out of every single Oscar category.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Gremlins 3 (in 2020?) produced by Christopher Columbus (Directer of Harry Potter 1 &2, Home Alone 1 & 2, Mrs Doubtfire. )

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/40183/-gremlins-sequel-to-be-an-actual-sequel
    "Gremlins" Sequel To Be An Actual Sequel?

By Garth Franklin Friday November 27th 2015 12:03PM
    "Gremlins" Sequel To Be An Actual Sequel?

Following in the wake of films like "Jurassic World" and "Tron: Legacy" - it seems the long rumored "Gremlins" reboot won't be a reboot after all - rather a continuation decades after the franchise began.

Speaking at a Q&A following a screening of the original 1984 "Gremlins" at London's Prince Charles Cinema this week, original star Zach Galligan says the new film, which hired a new writer earlier this year, won't be a remake but rather a proper sequel to the first two films due to the wishes of Chris Columbus, who wrote the original and is producing the new one:

"It's not going to be a reboot. It will not be a remake in any way, shape, or form. Chris Columbus has come out and said that the first film is very near and dear to his heart and as long as he is alive it will never be remade.

So the only thing they will be – and apparently are going to be – doing is something along the lines of like Jurassic World, where it will be 30 years later."

Columbus had previously been reluctant to do the film because everyone was suggesting a reboot to him, but at last report he was "approached with an idea that really sounded like an interesting version... it's not a remake of the movie at all, it's just a reinvention of it" at the time.

Source: Games Radar
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Some quick Twitter reviews (no spoilers whatsoever) seem to break the embargo on Quentin Tarantino's 'The Hateful Eight'; however, almost all of them are glowing and positive!

http://www.slashfilm.com/hateful-eight-early-buzz/
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Some quick Twitter reviews (no spoilers whatsoever) seem to break the embargo on Quentin Tarantino's 'The Hateful Eight'; however, almost all of them are glowing and positive!

Well, I hated SP´s constant colour filtering, and each time saw the The hateful 8 trailer before, with that literally breathtaking opening shot. So how can I not go see this instantly?

boldfinger wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Well, I hated SP´s constant colour filtering, and each time saw the The hateful 8 trailer before, with that literally breathtaking opening shot. So how can I not go see this instantly?

I'd love to catch it opening day in a 70MM theater, but the closest one is a few hours away so I'll have to try as hard as I can to avoid the Internet and spoilers until its wide release in January.
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 5,767
    Red-Band Trailer for Shane Black´s upcoming R-rated 70s detective comedy, starring Russell Crow, Ryan Gossling, and Kim Basinger :-).

This film can´t come quick enough.
    That pool scene is unbelievable :-)).

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/trailers/638601-nice-guys-trailer#/slide/1
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Red-Band Trailer for Shane Black´s upcoming R-rated 70s detective comedy, starring Russell Crow, Ryan Gossling, and Kim Basinger :-).

I want to see this film. Now!
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited December 2015 Posts: 4,399
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That looks fun, and a little disturbing.

That looks like a lot of fun.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    French film, sorry for the lack of subtitles, but it looks pretty good. And Benoit Magimel is one of the best french actors in the business today.

Yep the French do nice actioners.
    Wow, 'The Nice Guys' is my newest must see for next year. Looks hilarious and in the same style as Black's criminally under-rated 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang,' so I'm in.

@SaintMark is correct, the French (and especially the Korean) know how to make action films. The French are also phenomenal at horror films, too, from what I've seen.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Independence Day 2 and it looks fantastic!
    I wonder if it will have the line: "We're gonna need a bigger MacBook".

;)
    Murdock wrote: »

Thanks for that, i can't believe i didn't know that another ID film was coming soon.

I remember watching the original film in 1996, and i was seated next to an asian family in the cinema, the father was beside himself with excitement when the USAF launched a missile attack against one of the giant UFO's!

:)
  • Wow that trailer came out of nowhere! I had no idea they were still making that!

Was the bearded guy Bill Pullman? I'm sure the young woman is the daughter from the first one. And does Will Smith have anything to do with it?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited December 2015 Posts: 17,691
    I'm there and there!
    OMFG.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Looks damn good! And no, I don't think Smith is apart of it.
  • SaintMark wrote: »
    Yep the French do nice actioners.
    Now you see why I had the feeling to watch a French action movie sometimes during SP (the dreaded orange filtering !) :)

Wow that trailer came out of nowhere! I had no idea they were still making that!

Was the bearded guy Bill Pullman? I'm sure the young woman is the daughter from the first one. And does Will Smith have anything to do with it?
    I knew they were working on it, but the trailer hit me out of nowhere too, I had no idea they had already progressed that much!
    Yes, the bearded one was Pullman. No Will Smith, but if the cast keeps what the trailer promises I won´t miss him.
    Sh** I´m excited now :-))! In a similar way I was when I watched the first one at the cinema. Let´s hope that my gut feeling is right :-)!

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2015 Posts: 4,441
    I think there wil keep Will Smith for Independence Day 3.

Dutch release date is 30 June 2016:
    Those movies must be releases around same time.

Alice Through the Looking Glass (01 June 2016)
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadow (16 June 2016)
    Finding Dory (28 June 2016)
    Ice Age 5: Collision Course (13 July 2016)
    Bourne 5 (28 July 2016)
    Now You See Me 2 (31 July 2016)

X-Men: Apocalypse (19 May 2016) have 6 weaks before.. Independence Day 2. X-Men: Apocalypse will get R-rating/16+ i think.

Trailer from Ice Age 5

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Wow that trailer came out of nowhere! I had no idea they were still making that!

id4-will-smith-ehader.png

Gotta love Deadpool :))

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Deadpool and ID2 look fantastic fun. :)
    Star Trek: Beyond trailer

Great to see the trailer - again out of nowhere - but, seriously, destroying the Enterprise is getting as annoying as the DB5 returning all the time.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    I'm starting to get excited! I'm seeing Star Wars this Thursday night, and a week later The Hateful Eight in 70mm. Can't wait!
    edited December 2015 Posts: 15,690
    'Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them' trailer

New film produced by Matthew Vaughn: true story 1980's sports film 'Eddie the Eagle'

mepal1 wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »

Thanks for that, i can't believe i didn't know that another ID film was coming soon.

I remember watching the original film in 1996, and i was seated next to an asian family in the cinema, the father was beside himself with excitement when the USAF launched a missile attack against one of the giant UFO's!

:)

Awesome!!! :-O
    M_Balje wrote: »
    I think there wil keep Will Smith for Independence Day 3.

Dutch release date is 30 June 2016:
    Those movies must be releases around same time.

Alice Through the Looking Glass (01 June 2016)
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadow (16 June 2016)
    Finding Dory (28 June 2016)
    Ice Age 5: Collision Course (13 July 2016)
    Bourne 5 (28 July 2016)
    Now You See Me 2 (31 July 2016)

X-Men: Apocalypse (19 May 2016) have 6 weaks before.. Independence Day 2. X-Men: Apocalypse will get R-rating/16+ i think.

Trailer from Ice Age 5

Scrat has me in bits! :))
    Star Trek: Beyond trailer

Now this looks alot fun too!!!