Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Caught the trailer today for The Fifth Wave, another Alien invasion
    Movie, but I do like them. :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Everyone seems totally up in arms about the teaser trailer for 'Star Trek Beyond,' but damn, does it look fun to me. I'm in.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    'Misconduct' trailer with Anthony Hopkins and Al Pacino.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    New Deadpool trailer

Still have no idea if I like this or not....
    edited December 2015 Posts: 15,690
    According to a french newspaper, Christopher Nolan's next film will be about the Dunkirk evacuation during WW2 in 1940, which he will film on location (hence why the local paper is interested in this news).
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Wow, Ryan Reynolds is being given another superhero franchise to screw up?

Who is he related to in order to get roles he is not qualified for? Oh well, at least Gina Carano is in it.

Misconduct looks good though.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    :)) I was thinking that too. He seems to be an actor that "Hollywood" wants
    to be a big star, but the public have other ideas. ;)
    I really enjoyed that spy/action movie 'Safe House' with Denzel Washington, but Reynolds really sucked the life out of the film everytime he was on screen. Thank god Denzel was on top form.
    According to a french newspaper, Christopher Nolan's next film will be about the Dunkirk evacuation during WW2 in 1940, which he will film on location (hence why the local paper is interested in this news).

Damn, that could be something. Happy to hear more rumors circulating about this, been wondering what his next movie will be for a while now.
    I lost interest in Nolan films.
    Off the top of my head, I've enjoyed all of Nolan's films (that I've seen, anyway) aside from that poor excuse of a movie that was TDKR.
    Another documentary for you, @Creasy47:

Alex Zanardi, a former Formula One driver suffered a massive crash back in the early 2000's, and lost both his legs. He since then became the first handicapped driver in history to compete in motorsport against fully-bodied drivers. He has also become a multiple Paralympics Gold medal winner.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2016 Posts: 4,444
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/40631/tony-jaa-jet-li-join-xxx-3-cast
    Tony Jaa, Jet Li and Indian star Deepika Padukone have joined the cast of the third film in the "xXx" film series.

Entitled "xXx: The Return of Xander Cage," Vin Diesel returns to the role of the extreme sports enthusiast enlisted to become a secret agent which he first played in 2002. Samuel L. Jackson's NSA agent Augustus Gibbons is also back, while UFC Featherweight Champion Conor McGregor is said to have a role.

Michael Ferris and John Brancato ("Terminator Salvation") penned the most recent script draft with Neal H. Moritz to produce and D.J. Caruso set to direct.

New: Trailer of Zootopia.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That looks like a terrific kids movie, with a lot for adults thrown in as well.

But I sincerely hate the Disney music the last quarter of a century. It used to be the best, now it is the worst. It started with Alan Menken and the goddamn Oscars.
    WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES shooting now, out next year.
    edited January 2016 Posts: 15,690
    Michael Bay has confirmed he will return to the director's chair for the upcoming 5th installment of the 'Transformers' franchise.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    vf2lbJV.jpg

Trailer:

Really looking forward to this.
    The action scenes don´t appeal to me, but Christoph Waltz and Samuel L. Jackson both look awesome.
    Scrolling down the cool poster, immediately interested... hmm, what's this? High-Rise. Okay, I see... And J.G. Ballard? Even more interested now. (Due to Empire Of The Sun.) Watched the trailer. Looks good. Yes, definitely interested.
    edited January 2016 Posts: 40,474
    Hollywood has managed to take a steaming crap right atop my film hopes and dreams once again: George Miller backtracked at the Globes and stated he will not be doing another 'Mad Max' film:

http://news.yahoo.com/george-miller-wont-make-another-mad-max-movie-142859840.html
    So who else should do the next one?
    So who else should do the next one?

Sam Mendes, if he doesn't return for Bond 25. ;)

Exploring Maxs childhood.
    I couldn't care less who does it now. With Miller gone, I've lost a lot of interest in the project, mainly because of how impressive his work has been with the series thus far and how he handles the story intertwined with some balls-to-the-wall action. I don't see many directors taking this over and making it something other than a generic sequel.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 2,081
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Can't wait for High-Rise. Hiddleston is the man.

Another trailer for the film below, this time using Tangerine Dream's Love on Real Train
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I couldn't care less who does it now. With Miller gone, I've lost a lot of interest in the project, mainly because of how impressive his work has been with the series thus far and how he handles the story intertwined with some balls-to-the-wall action. I don't see many directors taking this over and making it something other than a generic sequel.
    I unfortunately agree. Finding a promising director won´t be easy.

@Tuulia, I take it you're interested in 'Hail Caesar!' as well? I think it looks wonderful, another funny and well-done outing by the Coen brothers.