Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    You mean like when Mike and Babs tried to shop an incomplete script to directors such as Morten Tyldum.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    About damn time we get a trailer:

http://www.milesdavis.com/news/watch-miles-ahead-movie-trailer-entertainment-weekly/

I have been waiting a very long time for this movie. Cheadle looks to have nailed Miles' persona and attitude very well.
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 9,782
    Miles looks good.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

I need to this... Now.
    @DaltonCraig007, "Renaaaaard...the Anarchist."

That looks pretty good! Hadn't heard of it until now, I'll have to check it out. Great cast.
    I hadn't heard of it, either. I wanna see it. :)
    Make that another one.
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 9,782
    in addition to the new show

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/macgyver-movie-reboot-lionsgate-1201698239/

Do i think both projects will happen no but if they did and were both amazing would I be on cloud nine HELL YEAH

my hope is Jeremry Renner for the movie version of Macgyver.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    in addition to the new show

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/macgyver-movie-reboot-lionsgate-1201698239/

Do i think both projects will happen no but if they did and were both amazing would I be on cloud nine HELL YEAH

my hope is Jeremry Renner for the movie version of Macgyver.
    Hell Yeah!

I guess I don't see the love that so many have for Renner. In my opinion, he's pretty bland and doesn't have what it takes to carry a movie properly.
    He carried The Hurt Locker pretty fine. He didn´t have many other opportunities thus far to carry a film.
    'The Hurt Locker' is a very overrated movie to me. He's had a few opportunities and has failed to impress me. He doesn't have the chops to be a leading man.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I haven't seen the Hurt Locker, but I'll admit Renner hasn't really turned my crank in anything I've seen him in either yet. Serviceable, but he doesn't quite stand out.

He was quite good in American Hustle, and is also reasonable in other ensemble pieces I've seen him in too though. Perhaps this is where he is stronger.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    McGyver is crap. Cast Dame Edna for all I care.
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 2,081
    Hmm. I also haven't seen Hurt Locker, but liked Renner a lot in American Hustle. I don't remember having been impressed elsewhere, but I admit I haven't seen much. But, like, his multiple award nominated role in The Town - I guess I just missed what was so special about that.
    McGyver is crap. Cast Dame Edna for all I care.
    hey now I like Macgyver
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Liam Neeson has joined the new action film of Jaume Collet-Serra, 'The Commuter'. This will be the 4th time they work together, after 'Unknown', 'Non Stop' and 'Run All Night'.
    I'll be a little bit "off topic" as I see this movie is about current projects more but...

What are you looking forward this month?

Deadpool and Zoolender seem pretty hype. Also Sacha Baron Cohen's new movie is not that impressive in the trailer but I still think the movie will be fun. It's a spy movie,it's a comedy movie, it's a Baron Cohen movie...I am pretty sure it will be alright.

Re: Other movies in the last pages

Knight of cups out in 2016? Wat? I am pretty sure the movie is out on DVD or Digital...am I not mistaken?

Also High Rise has great marketing but it is a really not that popular of a movie to do well in the limited box-office it will get this year. I am also pretty sure that movie had a release in Europe last year and you may find it somewhere on the internet maybe?

That "Kubo and the 2 strings" trailer seems fun. How come this is the first time I hear about this? It's a shame non-mainstream animated movies don't do well :/ They're usually pretty fun movies.
    Speaking of animated movies I may be able to get a chance to see Zootopia this month and that (as well as Secret Life of pets later this year) seems pretty interesting and something I'll really enjoy.

However Kung Fu Panda 3 will be here in March :/ I really really liked the 2nd one..but this one didn't impress me with the trailer. Who knows, we'll see what will come out once I see it :D

@dragonsky, the release of Knight Of Cups has been... strange. I first expected to see it last spring, then last autumn, but release dates kept changing. It was released in some European countries in the autumn - like in Germany, where a blu-ray is already out (mid-January), but still hasn't been released theatrically in many European countries - I don't know if there's an official release date for UK, for instance. It will see its theatrical (no doubt limited) release in the US in March after a festival showing this month. So, it has been messy... I'm still hoping to see it in theatre, but whether that will be possible I have no idea.

When I really want to see movies - and even more so when they are visual feasts - I want to see them in theatre. "Somewhere in the internet" is not an option at all - I shudder at the thought.

I'll be buying that Knight Of Cups for myself anyway. High-rise I'd just like to see - preferably in theatre rather than tv. I don't know about its release schedule, but it sure hasn't been around to my local...
    edited February 2016 Posts: 15,692

Is that the Dubai tower falling into London? This spot made me a lot more pumped than the trailer released a month or so ago. Utter destruction!
    No intention of watching this. The first was on the same level as Transformers or Jurassic Park. This will be no different.
    Independence Day looks pretty gung ho, but then again it is an election year stateside, so patriotism will be high with Trump and all.

I'm really looking forward to High Rise. The characters appears quite quirky and/or charismatic.
    Imagine Trump as the Pres in ID2, going against the aliens in person.
    From what I can see these days, in such a scenario, the aliens will lose.
    I´ll go see High Rise the day it comes out.

The new ID2 trailer looks too big and mayhem for my taste. The first teaser brough back a vibe from the first film, but this looks too, well, big.
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 2,081
    I don't know which thread to put this in, but I have to put in somewhere, so...

It's a 50-minute movie, featuring Johnny Depp et al.

Ca3XD37UEAAEutr.jpg

funnyordie.com/videos/ad38087bac/donald-trump-art-of-the-deal-movie?_cc=__d___&_ccid=a17c7902031d271f
    bondjames wrote: »
    From what I can see these days, in such a scenario, the aliens will lose.

They will be refused access to the US. Being worshippers of a terrorist God and all.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil

DAMN, 'Our Kind Of Traitor' looks great. Solid cast, yet another Le Carre adaptation is always nice, and it's looking as dark as a Fincher film. I'm in.