Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I agree @Creasy47. It looks superb. Anthony Dod Mantle (the cinematographer) is one to watch. He did a great job on Rush. I don't know much about the director Susanna White. Fantastic cast in this one. Can't wait. Carre fans are getting spoiled rotten this year.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited February 2016 Posts: 45,489
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    DAMN, 'Our Kind Of Traitor' looks great. Solid cast, yet another Le Carre adaptation is always nice, and it's looking as dark as a Fincher film. I'm in.

But that other one...
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

25 years after 'JFK'... Kevin Costner, Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Oldman are back together in a film.
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 5,767
    DAMN, 'Our Kind Of Traitor' looks great. Solid cast, yet another Le Carre adaptation is always nice, and it's looking as dark as a Fincher film. I'm in.
    You read my mind.

'Criminal' looks kinda good. Killing off Ryan Reynolds in order to have Kevin Costner do some badassery sounds like a great idea!
    boldfinger wrote: »
    You read my mind.

'Criminal' looks kinda good. Killing off Ryan Reynolds in order to have Kevin Costner do some badassery sounds like a great idea!

Certainly does, and you can t go wrong with Gary Oldman in the cast.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Pre-viz work for 'Bad Boys III' gives us the first taste at what's to come: an explosive, nighttime motorcycle chase on a bridge.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/656693-bad-boys-3-director-joe-carnahan-shares-action-scene-pre-viz
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I can't wait for 'Bad Boys 3', I really enjoyed Joe Carnahan's work on 'The A Team' with Liam Neeson.
    Sigh!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I just got the Bad Boys1/Bad Boys2 double blu ray (remastered). I enjoyed watching Bad Boys1 again. It's been a long time. Tcheky Karyo is a superb actor, and Tea Leoni impressed in ways other than acting.

I've got to get to Bad Boys 2 soon.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited February 2016 Posts: 4,459
    Paramount take over Triple X franchise from Sony. Paramount wil release movie in the cinema. This mean that movie wil be released on BD/DVD by Paramount/Universal. Also Jet Li wil no longer play in movie, but replaced by Donnie Yen.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/41308/paramount-to-handle-vin-diesel-s-xxx-3
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/41344/donnie-yen-replaces-jet-li-in-third-xxx
    By Garth Franklin Thursday February 11th 2016 07:32AM
    Paramount To Handle Vin Diesel's "xXx 3"
    Paramount Pictures has hopped onboard as worldwide distributor for "xXx: The Return of Xander Cage," the Vin Diesel-led third installment of the spy franchise.

Paramount takes over for Sony Pictures which released the previous two films. Revolution Studios, Roth Kirschenbaum Films and One Race Films are producing the D.J. Caruso-directed film which also includes action star Tony Jaa.
    By Garth Franklin Friday February 12th 2016 10:33AM
    Donnie Yen ("Ip Man," "Blade II") has joined the cast of Paramount Pictures and Revolution Studios' "xXx: The Return of Xander Cage".

Twitch reports that Yen replaces the previously-announced Jet Li who has exited the film for reasons unknown. Production continues on the film under the helm of D.J. Caruso from a script by Chad St. John and F. Scott Frazier.

Possible also it can mean Triple X 3 wil be released in 3D too and wil get a end of July release date in 2017. Mi5 get this kind of release day/month and whyle Mi6 is set again for end of July release date i expext a delay till October 2017 or December 2017.
    Let we say it be October 2017 because of Jack Reacher 2 get released in October 2016.

Paramount also confirm Transformers 6 (Possible as Spinoff) for June 2018 and Transformers 7 for June/July 2019. Transformers 5 will be released in June/July 2017.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/41353/transformer-bumblebee-gets-a-spin-off
    Transformer Bumblebee Gets A Spin-Off
    By Garth Franklin Friday February 12th 2016 12:22PM
    Transformer Bumblebee Gets A Spin-Off
    News came earlier this morning that Paramount Pictures had locked in June 2017, June 2018 and June 2019 release dates for three more "Transformers" films.

The 2017 one is certainly set to be the Michael Bay-directed fifth sequel in the series with Mark Wahlberg returning, but there were no details on the other two other than them being labelled "Transformers 6" and "Transformers 7" at the time.

Speaking on a conference call today, Hasbro's Tom Warner has offered some clarification - seems the company is doing the "Star Wars" style approach with a spin-off feature sandwiched between the main sequels. That means it'll be "Transformers 6" rather than a seventh in 2019.

Eon and Mgm/Sony and Fox should release Bond 25 in December 2017. Spectre was released in first weak of November 2015 in VS, but already after 3 months on BD and DVD. With December 2017 there can release DVD/BD in April 2018. Then 6 months later new/10 years version of QOS 1 year before Bond 26 for release in 2019.

Besides that i like it to see other Bond movie again in December or January month.
    @M_Balje, the earliest we'll have 'Bond 25' will be 2018, unfortunately.
    I´m still very unsure about the film, but this teaser has me teased:

boldfinger wrote: »
    I´m still very unsure about the film, but this teaser has me teased:

Just not sure what this is going to be like?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    This whole trailer of a trailer business got old instantly.
    Tuulia wrote: »
    I don't know which thread to put this in, but I have to put in somewhere, so...

It's a 50-minute movie, featuring Johnny Depp et al.

Ca3XD37UEAAEutr.jpg

funnyordie.com/videos/ad38087bac/donald-trump-art-of-the-deal-movie?_cc=__d___&_ccid=a17c7902031d271f

Comedy "movie" and Johnny Depp looks and acts 100% like Trump...

I mean I am not one of the Trump haters...but holy fuck this was amazing..Johnny Depp is amazing! He went all in on this one...I would've never predicted that Depp would make a good choice to play Trump..

He was also amazing in Black Mass. Really underlooked movie.

I hope that Hardcore Henry will get a wide release. This seems pretty fun.

I'll stay cautious on Our Kind of Traitor. It seems like it has a small budget..and the trailer doesn't tell me too much so...idk what to expect.
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 2,081
    dragonsky wrote: »
    I don't know which thread to put this in, but I have to put in somewhere, so...

It's a 50-minute movie, featuring Johnny Depp et al.

Ca3XD37UEAAEutr.jpg

funnyordie.com/videos/ad38087bac/donald-trump-art-of-the-deal-movie?_cc=__d___&_ccid=a17c7902031d271f

Comedy "movie" and Johnny Depp looks and acts 100% like Trump...

I mean I am not one of the Trump haters...but holy fuck this was amazing..Johnny Depp is amazing! He went all in on this one...I would've never predicted that Depp would make a good choice to play Trump..

He was also amazing in Black Mass. Really underlooked movie.

Glad to hear somebody watched, and glad you liked it. :) Johnny Depp was indeed a great Trump, and he can be amazing. He has done a bit too much mediocre stuff, he could do better... Oh, and I feel compelled to add this ;)

I also quite liked Black Mass. Scott Cooper does damned bleak stuff, but I like it, and he's great with actors. His next project, Hostiles, was just announced, and I'm already looking forward to it. (Well, I've been looking forward to it for some time already since I knew he was writing it.)
    edited February 2016 Posts: 4,459
    new spot for The Jungle Book (2016) include some line from Ben kingsley who sound like mix of Ralph Fienes and Judi Dench.. :))

Releasedate:

Belgium: 13 April 2016
    UK/VS: 15 April 2016
    NL: 20 April 2016
    More.. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3040964/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_inf

Dutch release date is one weak after the release of Kung Fu Panda 3 on 13 April 2016...

Trailer from Pete's Dragon.. (Dutch: Peter en de Draak)

It is funny how much the kid look like on Mowgli from Jungle Book and a bit of Tarzan..

Release date:
    UK/VS: 12 August 2016
    NL: 18 August 2016
    More http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2788732/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_inf
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 5,767
    That song about Bryce Dallas Howard not being Jessica Chastain is justified :-)).

(Love them both.)
    I can almost taste the inevitability that is 'Ghostbusters' bombing and/or receiving awful reviews. Color me surprised if that's not the case, but then again, I wouldn't put it past a lot of moviegoers these days to pay hard-earned money for a cash grab like this.
    Looks like Michael B. Jordan and MGM are teaming up once again, as he's set to star in another 'Thomas Crown Affair' remake:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/660039-michael-b-jordan-eyeing-thomas-crown-affair-remake-at-mgm
    edited February 2016 Posts: 15,692
    Not film related, but @MajorDSmythe will be happy: Jean-Claude Van Damme has signed on to be the lead role in an upcoming Amazon studios online tv series, which will be similar to the 2008 film 'JCVD'.
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 2,081

The Light Between Oceans

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited February 2016 Posts: 13,901
    Not film related, but @MajorDSmythe will be happy: Jean-Claude Van Damme has signed on to be the lead role in an upcoming Amazon studios online tv series, which will be similar to the 2008 film 'JCVD'.

Thanks for the heads up, @DaltonCraig007. I had no idea about that. I've read the synopsis, and as a fan, it sound like a fun idea. Sounds like JCVD, with a touch of Welcome To The Jungle (the Van Damme comedy) thrown in. Consider me interested.

The downside, it's from Amazon Studios. Having first hand experience what that company is like to work for, I avoid buying of off Amazon, so i'll hold out for the DVD
    Taboo - a miniseries, actually, but I don't know where else to put this so:

Taboo - a miniseries, actually, but I don't know where else to put this so:

I know where to put this: On my dvd shelf, if it´s half as good as the trailer!

Trailer for the latest Bruce Willis action movie, 'Precious Cargo':

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited February 2016 Posts: 9,020
    1989 was the Golden Year.
    A Batman movie
    A Bond movie
    A Star Trek movie

1995 had a Batman and a Bond movie. So did 1997.

2002 had a Bond and a Star Trek movie.

and now 2016 a new Batman and a new Star Trek movie.

I couldn't be more excited.

By the way 2019 could be the first time in 30 years when a Bond, a Batman (JL) and a Star Trek movie will hit the theaters. Wouldn't that be simply great!
    This looks good:

That does look interesting.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 4,459
    Earlier concept trailer from 2012 http://www.lovingvincent.com/?id=trailers , you get example how it look like with voices. At http://join.lovingvincent.com/ you can see some behind the scene's footage.

http://www.retecool.com/loving-vincent/
    De Poolse kunstenares en regisseuse Dorota Kobiela is bezig met het produceren van de eerste volledig geschilderde speelfilm.

De reden dat deze film, Loving Vincent, volledig wordt geschilderd is omdat de film over het leven van Vincent van Gogh gaat. Kobiela heeft 100 schilders opgeleid om allemaal in de stijl van Vincent van Gogh te kunnen schilderen, waarna ze voor elk beeld in de film een olieverfschilderij laat produceren. Er zijn 12 schilderijen per seconde nodig om het beeld redelijk vloeien te laten animeren. Nadat een schilderij klaar is, wordt er een foto van genomen en gaat men verder met het volgende schilderij.

A litle bit of explanation / translation of the above.The artist teaching 100 people to paint like Vincent. There need 12 paintings for 1 second of footage. After every paint of oil is finished, there making a picture and there go to next painting.