Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @DarthDimi The first trailer for Chloe Moretz' next film: Neighbors 2

Yet another unnecessary sequel. But this one looks good.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Suicide Squad Trailer 2 just dropped and it is beautiful.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That humor really falls flat for me and Harley doesn't seem like Harley at all, but the usage of color makes me happy and the action scenes are looking pretty top-notch, as is the cast and overall dark feel. Also, I wouldn't have picked 'Bohemian Rhapsody' for it, but I do love seeing the music in a trailer time with certain sound effects in the footage, such as gunshots.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Suicide Squad looks really interesting. The use of colors is really nice. very comic booky. I look forward to seeing it.

Suicide Squad Trailer 2 just dropped and it is beautiful.

Still have no idea what to make of this yet?
    Hmm...I wasn't big fan of the idea for new Mummy movies..but then they got Cruise..hmmmmmmm
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The Mummy was very bad.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    dragonsky wrote: »
    Looks great. He's currently my number one choice to replace Craig. Great voice, excellent actor and suave too.
    Michael Fassbender is currently shooting The Snowman in Oslo. Based on the Jo Nesbø crime thriller. There will be aditional filming in Bergen and Rjukan later.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    http://collider.com/labyrinth-reboot-nicole-perlman/

I have mixed feelings on this on. For sentimental reasons it's one of my favorites. It's my daughter's favorite film that I also enjoy. It's got an iconic performance by Bowie (could the timing be worse to announce this?)
    On the other hand, for a colorful fantasy I've always found it very "muddy" looking and with the right people behind a remake/reboot/sequel,a fun film could result.

Yep the French do nice actioners.
    Michael Fassbender is currently shooting The Snowman in Oslo. Based on the Jo Nesbø crime thriller. There will be aditional filming in Bergen and Rjukan later.

I read the book, so I am curious how the movie will turn out.

"The legendary Bowie has recently passed away? Let's greenlight a 'Labyrinth' reboot that cannot possibly come remotely close to touching the original, AND it's something that nobody even asked for in the first place!"
    bondjames wrote: »
    dragonsky wrote: »
    Looks great. He's currently my number one choice to replace Craig. Great voice, excellent actor and suave too.

Agreed though I hope we don't have him as 007 till bond 27 :)
    SaintMark wrote: »
    Yep the French do nice actioners.

I read the book, so I am curious how the movie will turn out.

Jo Nesbø himself has said that Fassbender is the perfect Detective Harry Hole.
    The inner child in me saw an article for 'The Snowman' posted on Facebook and had to Peter Griffin chuckle to myself at the name 'Harry Hole.'
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    The inner child in me saw an article for 'The Snowman' posted on Facebook and had to Peter Griffin chuckle to myself at the name 'Harry Hole.'
    It isn t as funny in Norwegian, but I still wonder if it wasn t an intended
    joke.
    This is just a beautiful poster (as was the first one for this movie):

tumblr_o1ktmpw99l1r6ivyno1_r1_1280.jpg
    I really don't know what to make of 'Knight of Cups.' The posters have been beautiful, but the trailers are a little off-putting. Then again, it is Malick, so it's tough to make a regular old trailer out of the type of film he tends to make.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 2,081
    @Creasy47 - trailers? plural? There are more than one? I've only seen one, and I love it, and the clips I've seen and the stills, and what I've heard of the music. I don't expect to love the movie, though, (I know I will love some stuff, since I already do - and I always do with Malick), but I'm seriously interested anyway, for many reasons.

Anyone heard of this:

kubo-trailer.jpg

@Tuulia, I had assumed after all this time, there would be more than one trailer. Her's a link to a 'new' trailer, insinuating an older one does indeed exist. I hope this helps:

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/11/knight-of-cups-terrence-malick-trailer
    Thank you, @Creasy47. It mostly looked like the first one, but there were indeed a few quick shots that were different from the original trailer, and it's a few seconds longer, and it sounds a bit different (mix or takes? - I'm not feeling sharp enough to figure it out now). It's mostly the same, but has some small changes for sure. Interesting... fine tuning of a trailer - not exactly new, but still different.
    (Okay, can I get a 6 hour version of the movie on blu-ray? Might as well. Thanks, Terry... :P ) (Oh, and the other movie coming out at some festival this year? Next year? Regular folks might get to see it this decade? Okay, cool...)
    edited January 2016 Posts: 40,492
    His movies are definitely best on blu-ray. Some may hate his work, but he makes some absolutely breathtaking movies.
    highrise_ver2.jpg

eye_in_the_sky.jpg?resize=405%2C600
    Yeah! That High Rise poster is something!
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Oh, that´s interesting. P&W are certainly not hired to write for an independent film. It almost sounds as if no hard violence is planned. I´d love to see a film with Refn´s sense for aesthetics, but without the morbidity.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    George Miller will be the Jury President at the 2016 Cannes film festival.
    George Miller will be the Jury President at the 2016 Cannes film festival.

looking foward to Cannes as my guess is we will be getting director rumors galore like we did last time for bond 25.