Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I did like the theme song from Ray Parker, Jr.
    And I do own the soundtrack from Part 2.

That theme song is so damn good and catchy.

For better or worse, here's the Ghostbusters trailer!

Wow this fell flat, loved the Original one of my favourite comedies. This reboot seems to be confused as to whether its a reboot or a continuation.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    And Christopher Reeve...
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    To be fair, the original Ghostbusters movies sucked almost as bad.

I'm not a fan of them either. I can't even remember if I finished the 2nd one.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    IMO, the idea of doing a reboot/remake boils down to 2 basic things..

1.) Are all story ideas exhausted?

2.) Can it top the original?

in both instances for Ghostbusters, it's a resounding NO.... this was a remake that has no business existing... it's a cheap pandering cash grab that i hope dies in the fires of box office hell..... right next to Pluto Nash.
    They could have casted Tom Hardy, Matthew McConaghey and Michael Fassbender as the new team, and I still wouldn't care - I want the original crew back as the main characters.

Personally, with that cast I'd have to see it - I watch basically anything any of them do, and sometimes it's been absolute torture before as well, but... Anyway, I couldn't care less about that movie as is, and didn't care about the original, either.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Bruce Willis to turn on his inner Charles Bronson in the upcoming 'Death Wish' remake.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/74583
    Bruce Willis to channel his incoming Bruce Willis for another paycheck in the upcoming 'Death Wish' remake.

Fixed that for ya. ;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    If Stallone couldn't remake Death Wish, I don't see it ever being remade. Hopefully it won't happen. They should get Pierce Brosnan instead. That's a revenge movie I'd love to see.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    BAY WATCH!

31DE25E500000578-3477527-Wow_Kelly_Rohrbach_donned_an_updated_version_of_the_iconic_red_s-a-41_1457138194406.jpg

31DDE36100000578-3477527-Showstopper_The_model_showed_off_her_svelte_frame_in_the_low_cut-a-69_1457171026013.jpg

31DE538700000578-3477527-Stunner_The_26_year_old_slipped_into_a_zippered_version_of_the_c-m-47_1457138870744.jpg

31DF545000000578-3477527-image-a-61_1457170882439.jpg

Bruce Willis to turn on his inner Charles Bronson in the upcoming 'Death Wish' remake.

Mel Gibson would have been my choice though admittedly Mel has played a similar role in Payback and Edge of Darkness.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Cor! I grew up on this Baywatch stuff. I'll never forget Saturday nights (I think) on ITV back in the day. Cold, dreary and dark out - Erika (and later Pam) made my week.

This film has some big " " to fill.
    My ideal Death Wish movie would star an actor who's not primarily known for action movies.
    The original author wanted Jack Lemmon if I remember correctly!

It would be cool for two reasons:

One, for the movies sake it would add more credibility that this was an average joe who was pushed too far (as opposed to Stallone whose movie body count is in the thousands)
    When Paul Kersey kills his first guy, it should really hit us... make us think 'oh man, there's no turning back.'
    And two- if the actor knocks it out of the park we'd have a new unexpected action star for future movies.

Remember before 'Taken', Liam Neeson wasn't really known for too much action (only Star Wars & Darkman come to mind)? Then he shocked everyone! That's sort of the idea I had in mind. 2007's Death Sentence was on the right track by casting Kevin Bacon- coincidently that was very loosely based off the Death Wish novels 'sequel'; same author.

The question is, who fits the bill out of today's list of actors?
    Not Stallone or Willis, that's for damn sure. It won't be the the least bit surprising when they start blowing heads off, lol
    I think Pierce would be perfect for a Paul Kersey type role. I think he could do the family man to broken vigilante fantastically. Pierce has always had an "everyman" quality about him.
    My ideal Death Wish movie would star an actor who's not primarily known for action movies.
    The original author wanted Jack Lemmon if I remember correctly!

It would be cool for two reasons:

One, for the movies sake it would add more credibility that this was an average joe who was pushed too far (as opposed to Stallone whose movie body count is in the thousands)
    When Paul Kersey kills his first guy, it should really hit us... make us think 'oh man, there's no turning back.'
    And two- if the actor knocks it out of the park we'd have a new unexpected action star for future movies.

Remember before 'Taken', Liam Neeson wasn't really known for too much action (only Star Wars & Darkman come to mind)? Then he shocked everyone! That's sort of the idea I had in mind. 2007's Death Sentence was on the right track by casting Kevin Bacon- coincidently that was very loosely based off the Death Wish novels 'sequel'; same author.

The question is, who fits the bill out of today's list of actors?
    Not Stallone or Willis, that's for damn sure. It won't be the the least bit surprising when they start blowing heads off, lol

You make some interesting points, I think Colin Firth pretty much went against character with great success with Kingsman. Willis in Deathwish could very easily be another Stallone Get Carter for sure.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2016 Posts: 23,883
    It depends on how they play it. Mel Gibson did a decent enough job in the Martin Campbell directed remake of the BBC thriller The Edge of Darkness even though he had an action man image beforehand.

An older Willis can pull it off I think.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Didn't they re make Death Wish with Jodie Foster a few years
    ago " The Strong one " ?
    Technically yes. The Brave One was a great "Death Wish" remake. :D
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 4,813
    Murdock wrote: »
    I think Pierce would be perfect for a Paul Kersey type role. I think he could do the family man to broken vigilante fantastically. Pierce has always had an "everyman" quality about him.

But as an action star- James Freaking Bond, no less- like I said it'll come as no surprise once he starts piling up the dead bodies!
    But I can also appreciate Pierce's everyman quality too- Harrison Ford's another good one. He can be Mr Nice Guy and turn around to clean house when the need hits! :)

Man I'm really scratching my head, coming up with a good one....
    Edit-- This just popped in there: how about Tom Hanks?? Imagine him with a gun in NY in a shocking hard R rated remake of Death Wish! You know he could pull it off too!

Of course if they wanted someone who looks like Bronson they could always cast Matt Nable! Hell, they could make it a sequel to the originals! :-bd
    Murdock wrote: »
    Technically yes. The Brave One was a great "Death Wish" remake. :D

That it was, Foster was on fire in that role. Kevin Bacon's 'Death Sentence' is also a remake of sorts, as well.

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    :) The Brave one. I wasn't sure of the title.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Norman Reedus as Paul Kersey...... if i was directing thats who i would cast.

400px-TWDS2E11-ColtPython-1_zpswabgodkj.jpg

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2016 Posts: 15,696
    I really can't wait to get more info (and a trailer) for the upcoming Scorsese film 'Silence'. I think Liam Neeson will have big chances of winning some major awards for his performance.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 15,696
    Keanu Reeves practicing for John Wick 2? @doubleoego, @Creasy47

New GhostBusters? Oh dear! X_X
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    New GhostBusters? Oh dear! X_X

Afraid of ghosts?
    @DaltonCraig007, that it is! Shared that video on my Facebook the other day, Reeves is a machine.
    Not half as cool as De Niro and Kilmer in Heat, or De Niro in Ronin.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Not half as cool as De Niro and Kilmer in Heat, or De Niro in Ronin.

Nothing is as cool as watching De Niro and Kilmer hold off an entire police force successfully during a massive bank heist.

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Heat, simply the best movie of the nineties (non-Star Trek, non-Batman, non-Bond).