• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited August 2015 Posts: 16,330
    Is Vin Diesel in it?

Nevermind he is. =))
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Murdock wrote: »
    Is Vin Diesel in it?

Nevermind he is. =))

Did you not enjoy the first movie, or Vin Diesel in general?
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Is Vin Diesel in it?

Nevermind he is. =))

Did you not enjoy the first movie, or Vin Diesel in general?

I haven't watched the first one in a long time but I did remember liking it pretty much and I'm also a fan of Vin Diesel. I just didn't read the link quick enough before posting hince the emoticon laughing. :P
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    For @Creasy47 who enjoyed 'Senna' and 'Rush':

New documentary about Niki Lauda's accident in 1976 (same as in 'Rush').

Brad Pitt narrated documentary on Moto GP.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Just saw the new trailer for the new Jungle book movie.

Looks fantastic.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 2,081
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I'm not a particular fan of bio-pics, but man, a film about Ferrari by Michael Mann? Anytime :-).

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/474413-christian-bale-and-michael-mann-steer-ferrari-biopic

It will concentrate on just one year, really, 1957. I got more interested in the movie after reading what Mann said about it in Toronto. I also recommend this long interview to any fans of Mann and his movies, he talks about several of them, and especially about Heat (20 years old!)
    http://deadline.com/2015/09/michael-mann-heat-al-pacino-robert-de-niro-ferrari-christian-bale-toronto-film-festival-1201529118/

---
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Just saw the new trailer for the new Jungle book movie.

Looks fantastic.

Not bad... I think Cate Blanchett will probably be a more convincing snake than Scarlett Johanson. I'm looking forward to the Warner Bros. version more than Disney's, but will see both. The American movie is apparently Disney making a live-action remake of their 1967 animated film, the British movie is just based on the book. I assume they will be quite different. Both have great casts.

---

Oh and Christopher Nolan's new movie (on Warner Bros.) will be released on July 21st, 2017. Cool. I'll go see it. Whatever the hell it will be. :P

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited September 2015 Posts: 4,441
    Jungle Book 2016.

The voice of Scarlet sound in the beginning as Naomi Harris, who wil play in 2017 Jungle Book. Music sound a bit like Spectre / Avatar. Atleast King Kong Boxoffice, mabey Dawn Of Planet of Apes.

Release date:
    BE: 13 April 2016
    UK/VS: 15 April 2016
    NL: 20 April 2016
    More http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3040964/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_inf

'Jungle Book' does look good - interesting how it's 99% CGI, some of it does look incredibly real. This will be one of the rare movies to check out in theaters in 3D, as I've already heard some 'Avatar' comparisons.
    Brilliant final trailer for Danny Boyle's Steve Jobs:

Seeing the film at the London Film Fest in just over a month!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Black Mass got a standing ovation in some film festival recently, Venice I believe. Nearly always a good sign, I remember reports of Goldeneye getting the same. Must have been a mosquito swarm in the cinema.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Black Mass got a standing ovation in some film festival recently, Venice I believe. Nearly always a good sign, I remember reports of Goldeneye getting the same. Must have been a mosquito swarm in the cinema.

=)) Oh, how I've missed you, Thundy.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

I thought you post was going in a whole other direction. Considering the Johnny Depp and Venice connections, I though it was going to be a 'The Tourist' joke. ;)
    Depp just looks insane and gives off some serious joker vibes. Been waiting for a performance like this since he did Donny Brasco.
  • I've seen some scenes from A Bigger Splash on youtube. The cast is wonderfully assembled, but why they had to remake a faultless movie such as La Piscine is beyond me. But I suppose that's how it works these days. Maybe next year they'll announce a 'Citizen Blane' or 'Gone With the Stream' or something like that.
    Paramount Pictures has slotted Adam McKay's The Big Short for an Oscar-qualifying run in 2015. The film, which stars Christian Bale, Brad Pitt, Melissa Leo, Marisa Tomei, Steve Carell and Ryan Gosling, wasn't expected to be released until 2016.

Paramount will release the film limited on Dec. 11 and then wide on Dec. 23.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

I have no idea what this is, but I want to watch it right now.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

I have no idea what this is, but I want to watch it right now.

Me too @DaltonCraig007. I'm getting some serious Spike Lee/Michael Mann/William Friedkin vibes from that. Looks amazing.
    'Triple Nine' looks amazing! I'm in.

'The Expendables 4' is on the way (shooting in China in 2016, releasing in 2017), and based off of previous comments made by Stallone, it'll be R-rated and a major character may kick the bucket:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/621151-the-expendables-4-is-on-its-way
    Hopefully it will be better than the abysmal Expendables III.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    No Brosnan in this one?

There's no way in hell that it could be worse than the third movie. Absolutely no way.

@jake24, that was rumored a long while back, and could be a possibility in the near future, so time will tell. They have no casting information whatsoever.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

There's no way in hell that it could be worse than the third movie. Absolutely no way.

@jake24, that was rumored a long while back, and could be a possibility in the near future, so time will tell. They have no casting information whatsoever.
    Would be great. I recalled him saying he'd be willing to it.
    'xXx 3' will be directed by D.J. Caruso, the director of 'Eagle Eye':

http://www.slashfilm.com/vin-diesel-officially-names-the-xxx-3-director/
    Glad to see their will be some more Expendable's fun to see!
    Warner Bros has just announced that there will be a Godzilla vs King Kong movie coming in 2020.
  • AntiLocqueBrakesAntiLocqueBrakes The edge
    Bridge of Spies premieres in a couple days. Anyone interested in Cold War … stuff?
    edited October 2015 Posts: 15,690
    Looks like Die Hard 6 is really happening... and it's a prequel. :-q
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    That sounds worse than the last film. If we all just...

nope-Cosmo-Kramer-Seinfeld-GIF.gif?gs=a

... then it might not happen.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Can t be worse than the last couple of DH films.
    I just so happened to watch Die Hard again the other day, and it works just fine for me as a standalone story :-).