Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2015 Posts: 4,416
    More information...

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/39482/wiseman-in-talks-for-die-hard-semi-prequel
    By Garth Franklin Wednesday October 14th 2015 03:53PM
    Wiseman In Talks For "Die Hard" Semi-Prequel

20th Century Fox is in discussions with "Live Free or Die Hard" director Len Wiseman for him to direct and produce a sixth installment in the "Die Hard" series. Unexpectedly though, the new film would reportedly serve as a "quasi-prequel" for Bruce Willis' beloved cop character John McClane.

The new film would include a storyline set in New York City in 1979 with a younger McClane, but would also include present day elements with Willis returning for those scenes. Willis doesn't have a deal to return as yet, though would likely reprise his beloved role.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura, who has worked with Willis before, would produce the film as Wiseman pitched a new take that incoporates "Die Hard" mythology with a reworked different project that was under di Bonaventura's control - similar to the way "Die Hard With a Vengeance" was a reworked version of a different script known as "Simon Says."

Source: The Wrap

Creasy47 wrote: »
    'xXx 3' will be directed by D.J. Caruso, the director of 'Eagle Eye':

http://www.slashfilm.com/vin-diesel-officially-names-the-xxx-3-director/

Curious or Shia Lebeouf wil get a part in it as another Excriminal agent.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Damn, that sounds horrible.
    Let´s not think about such horrible things if we can think about pulse rifles:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/623219-alien-5-adding-another-returning-cast-member-the-m41a-pulse-rifle#/slide/1
    Looks like Die Hard 6 is really happening... and it's a prequel. :-q

Please tell me that's not true? %-(
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That franchise dies hard.
    Pulse rifles, people. Pulse rifles.
    Cannot wait to see what Blomkamp does with the 'Alien' franchise.
    Looking forward to it, but even more so to ALIEN-PARADISE LOST.
    Looking forward to it, but even more so to ALIEN-PARADISE LOST.

You and I both. I wasn't the biggest fan of 'Prometheus,' so I can only hope that Scott's sequel to it is slightly better. I didn't care for the fact that it was half of a brand new tale, and half of an origin story of sorts, without wanting to resort back to Xenomorphs (even though he does). It just felt like a movie that didn't know what it wanted to be.
    12120132_1041973019187632_2105846703986571812_o.jpg
    Tune in to ESPN’s Monday Night Football tomorrow for an exclusive new look at STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Beautiful poster. Another film I'm looking forward to this year.
    CRsXuK_WIAAWBpu.jpg:large
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2015 Posts: 15,686
    Bruce Willis says the prequel idea for DH6 is a 'very good idea'. Willis is one of my favorite action heroes, but since 2014 and that awful 'Vice' sci-fi film, I am becoming a lot more interested in his older films than the future of his career.
    Bruce Willis says the prequel idea for DH6 is a 'very good idea'. Willis is one of my favorite action heroes, but since 2014 and that awful 'Vice' sci-fi film, I am becoming a lot more interested in his older films than the future of his career.
    Then you held out bravely.

CSA7ZcZWsAAPDcb.png

qCYpmVt.jpg

KO4K1bj.jpg

No idea how long I'll have to wait to see this, but I really, really want to, ASAP.
    Yes, ASAP.
    @Tuulia, I yelled some rather vulgar words out loud when I spotted that first 'The Revenant' poster online a week ago. One of the most beautiful movie posters I've ever seen, it totally floored me. Can't wait to see this next month.
    @Creasy47, yes, it is beautiful. And the movie will look gorgeous. I really hope it gets to my neck of the woods soon after world premiere - likely not, but... well, then again it might. Bond does. Why can't everything else? Hoping for January.
    I do hope you get to see it, as well! It definitely looks like the type of movie that has to be experienced in the cinemas.
    I certainly won't be waiting for the small screen experience to see it. :P The question is only when it'll hit the cinemas here, haven't found any info yet.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I want to do a 'The Revenant' + 'Hateful Eight' double feature at the cinema.
    I don't. :)
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited November 2015 Posts: 4,151
    Found this on Twitter earlier. Charlie Brown and Peanuts do Bond.....

https://flic.kr/p/APe7zD
    Tuulia wrote: »
    CSA7ZcZWsAAPDcb.png

qCYpmVt.jpg

KO4K1bj.jpg

No idea how long I'll have to wait to see this, but I really, really want to, ASAP.

Saw the trailer on Sunday at the Cinema, looks absolutely epic and stunning!
    @RogueAgent, the newer trailer was attached to SP when I saw it on Thursday, totally blew me away even more once I saw it on the big screen! As I was telling @Tuulia, this will most certainly be one of those films you have to catch in theaters.
    After the 'Oldboy' remake by Spike Lee made 2 years ago, a remake of Christopher Nolan's 'Memento' has now been confirmed.
    Will he remake it himself?
    Ben Wheatley is remaking the classic 'The Wages of Fear' (which was already remade into 'Sorcerer' by William Friedkin.)
    edited November 2015 Posts: 15,686
    Now You See Me 2 (2016)

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    When the whole Die Hard 6 prequel news came up, all I could do was face-palm.

There was a script out there a while back that was written by a writer who also happened to be a DH fan, which he wrote as a way to end the series. It basically involved John going back to Nakatomi Plaza to be honored on the anniversary of the night he saved everyone, where, unbeknownst to him, another attack was set to occur in revenge against him, forcing him to prove himself as a survivor and save the day for the last time. Zeus was written into it, and I'm sure Holly and the kids as well, in addition to other familiar DH characters.

The moment I heard the idea, of the series ending where it all began whet my appetite. I was sad to find out a while afterwards that the script had no traction and wasn't being looked at by Hollywood at all, and that nobody from the studio had even commissioned the writer to do a story treatment. Which sadly makes it only fan fiction at this point... =((