Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'm smelling Oscar nom for Hardy with Legends, based on that trailer.

Tom Hardy will also play in Dicaprio's new movie this year, 'The Revenant', so will he pull a McConaughey and win the Best Actor Oscar?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

Tom Hardy will also play in Dicaprio's new movie this year, 'The Revenant', so will he pull a McConaughey and win the Best Actor Oscar?

I didn't even know about this film. It looks like it will be a big year for him. He should get a nomination then.....quite sure of it.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2015 Posts: 15,686
    In the past year or so, Hardy has made 6 films: Locke, The Drop, Child 44, Mad Max, Legends and Revenant. And had a recurring role on the BBC gangster tv show 'Peaky Blinders'. He is certainly very busy.

Eh? An Oscar win has become "pulling a McConaughey"?

edited June 2015 Posts: 15,686
    Tuulia wrote: »

I just meant, Hardy winning the Oscar for 'Legends', beating Dicaprio in 'Revenant' (which Hardy is also in), like McConaughey winning for ''Dallas Buyers Club'', beating Dicaprio in 'Wolf of Wall Street' (which McConaughey was also in). I was just noting the similarities.
    Tuulia wrote: »

I just meant, Hardy winning the Oscar for 'Legends', beating Dicaprio in 'Revenant' (which Hardy is also in), like McConaughey winning for ''Dallas Buyers Club'', beating Dicaprio in 'Wolf of Wall Street' (which McConaughey was also in). I was just noting the similarities.

Um, okay, if you think those as similarities to that extent.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited July 2015 Posts: 40,371
    'The Hateful Eight' will have an original score by Ennio Morricone, his first original western score in 40 years:

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-hateful-eight-score/
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited July 2015 Posts: 45,489
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    'The Hateful Eight' will have an original western score by Ennio Morricone, his first original score in 40 years:

This film will rule!
    edited July 2015 Posts: 40,371
    'The Hateful Eight' will have an original score by Ennio Morricone, his first original score in 40 years:

This film will rule!

You're telling me. I do hope we get a trailer soon for this, it's already mid-July. They just unveiled seven minutes of footage at Comic-Con, but it wasn't a trailer. There is that 90-second teaser from Cannes, though.

Here's the new poster for the film, too. Beautiful:

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    'The Hateful Eight' will have an original score by Ennio Morricone, his first original score in 40 years:

This film will rule!

You're telling me. I do hope we get a trailer soon for this, it's already mid-July. They just unveiled seven minutes of footage at Comic-Con, but it wasn't a trailer. There is that 90-second teaser from Cannes, though.

Here's the new poster for the film, too. Beautiful:

Was just about to post this but you beat me to it.

http://collider.com/hateful-eight-comic-con-panel-recap-ennio-morricone-score-poster-more/#highlights

This was near the top of my list anyway with it being QT, the cast and Kurt's tache but the fact Ennio is doing Tarantino's first ever original score and it's a western this is just behind 2 other films due near the end of the year in the anticipation stakes.

UK will be getting this early 2016 but it will be worth the wait, no doubt some of you American members will be seeing this before me, maybe I should suggest it has a worldwide release as spoilers will be all over the internet and ruin my enjoyment of the film.
    @Shardlake, it also sounds like most of the excitement from Comic-Con yesterday was centered on how amazing 'The Hateful Eight' is looking.

It's releasing in 70MM theaters on Christmas, with a wide release in early 2016. I'm sure I'll go the latter route to see it - as unfortunate as that is - because I can't think of any 70MM theaters even remotely close to where I live.

Spoilers will most certainly be an issue, as the film seems to be a very centered 'whodunit,' ala 'Reservoir Dogs.'
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited July 2015 Posts: 4,043
    @Shardlake, it also sounds like most of the excitement from Comic-Con yesterday was centered on how amazing 'The Hateful Eight' is looking.

It's releasing in 70MM theaters on Christmas, with a wide release in early 2016. I'm sure I'll go the latter route to see it - as unfortunate as that is - because I can't think of any 70MM theaters even remotely close to where I live.

Spoilers will most certainly be an issue, as the film seems to be a very centered 'whodunit,' ala 'Reservoir Dogs.'

To be honest that comment about the worldwide release was me being sarcastic about all those people who think the UK shouldn't get SPECTRE before them.

I was thinking this today, we made Skyfall the biggest grossing film of all time in the UK. To expect it on these shores before anyone else is our just right as we made the previous film such a smash.

It did well in the U.S but in comparison it was a phenomenon here, the U.S just made it a big box office success and nothing else much more, the grosses SF made are pretty common place in the states, whereas the UK was extraordinary that why we should get it first.
    @Shardlake, I couldn't agree more, and I'm an American. I'm pretty sure we get EVERYTHING in the States before everyone else, so if another American complains about that, I can only direct them to videogames and countless other cinema releases.

Plus, what is two extra weeks when we wait two-four years for another Bond film, anyway? Besides, I enjoy reading everyone's spoiler-free reviews from the UK, seeing how pumped and excited they are for the release, because it gets me that much more amped up.
    edited July 2015 Posts: 15,686
    Sylvester Stallone announces the villains in the upcoming Rambo film will be ISIS. I will be first in line to see Stallone machine gun dozens of these guys!
    Sylvester Stallone announces the villains in the upcoming Rambo film will be ISIS. I will be first in line to see Stallone machine gun dozens of these guys!

Seconded!!! But this will no doubt bring him some unwanted attention I would guess?
    The trailer of the 4th film featuring both Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper:
    The first trailer for 'The Revenant' has released, and wow, does this film look beautiful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=125&v=QRfj1VCg16Y
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 2,081
    Thank you, Creasy. They're still doing additional shooting, but good to have the trailer out, that presumably means it'll get finished eventually. :)) Never mind being over schedule, over budget, people getting fired and leaving and a fight or two... All good. :D Looking forward to seeing it. And yeah, Chivo, ahh... I like his work.
    @Tuulia, you're very welcome! The film looks so incredible, I can't get over it. I know a certain movie in the running for Best Cinematography at the Oscars. Just might be Leo's year for one, as well.
    Surely the Academy can't give Chivo Oscars 3 consecutive years, though? :P
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited July 2015 Posts: 11,139
    The cinematogrphy for the revenant looks so beautiful. Those snow mountains instantly reminded me of the snowy mountains in the SP teaser trailer. Absolutely incredible work.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2015 Posts: 4,416
    Still Running..

Jurassic World (Dutch release date:10 June..)

Minions (Dutch release date: 1 July...)

Released last week (16 July) in The Netherlands:

Mr. Holmes (2015)

Self/less (2015)
    What We Did on Our Holiday (2014)
    Every Thing Will Be Fine (2015)

Today in Dutch cinema's.

Disney-AntMan-bnr0.jpg

Ant-Man.

She's Funny That Way (2014)

Next Thursday 30 July

Mission Impossible 5

Belle (2013)
    While We're Young (2014)
    The Outskirts (2015)

6 & 13 August:

Dope (2015)

Fantastic Four (2015)

13 August:

The Diary of a Teenage Girl (2015)

Unfinished Business (2015)
    Ted 2 (2015)
    I can't believe that 'Jurassic World' is the third highest grossing movie of all time now.
    I can't believe that 'Jurassic World' is the third highest grossing movie of all time now.

Seriously? Ok, I can't believe that, either. I'd have been happier not knowing.

• edited July 2015 Posts: 5,767
    What?!?

Well, anyhow, let´s look at some art:

http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/black-mass-poster.jpg
    @boldfinger, shame, isn't it?

Happy to see someone else who is looking forward to 'Black Mass.' I'm hoping it's a nice return for Depp.
    shame, isn't it?
    Not really, considering that it replaced The Avengers.
    @boldfinger, shame, isn't it?

Happy to see someone else who is looking forward to 'Black Mass.' I'm hoping it's a nice return for Depp.

I'm looking forward to it as well.

And Sicario, too, for that matter - Denis Villeneuve and Roger Deakins together again... and the actors aren't bad, either.

The Sicario posters are both great.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited July 2015 Posts: 45,489
    I saw the trailer for The Martian in the cinema yesterday. The 3d is looking good!
    @Tuulia, 'Sicario' is one of my most anticipated films of the year. I'm really looking forward to it.

@PanchitoPistoles, they're both uninspired and rather dull to me, it's a shame that both are so high on the box office list, but whatever.