Worst Lines in All of Bond

Comments

• Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States
    Anything that comes out of Jinx's mouth in DAD. Still can't believe she ended up been the main Bond girl and the gorgeous Miranda Frost was the femme fatale, just criminal. I always feel sad when she dies at the end.

Yeah! Die Another Day's quality plummets as soon as Jinx enters the film. :P
  • Without question. Just awful, how she got an oscar I'll never know.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Halle Berry pales in comparison to Rosamund Pike in DAD, but she does look spectacularly hot throughout the whole movie! I wouldn't want to miss one second of it, luckily she has not much dialogue.
  • Rosamund is just beautiful in DAD. She's one of my favourite Bond girls along with Severine.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    One that stood out to me recently is MP's "You've got a secret. Something you can't tell anyone..." line in the SP trailers.

Isn't the latter half of that statement redundant, as a secret is obviously something you can't tell anyone? Of course, it could be the way they edited the quote to make it sound like that, and it could've been audio spliced together from two different scenes.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    One that stood out to me recently is MP's "You've got a secret. Something you can't tell anyone..." line in the SP trailers.

Isn't the latter half of that statement redundant, as a secret is obviously something you can't tell anyone? Of course, it could be the way they edited the quote to make it sound like that, and it could've been audio spliced together from two different scenes.

That line, and what happens immediately afterwards, will make perfect sense when you watch the film this week.
    @WillyGalore, very happy to hear that! I had a feeling it was going to have something to do with how it was all cut up and edited for the trailers.
    @Creasy47, you'll have to post your thoughts on that scene when you watch it to see if you agree.
    @WillyGalore, be sure to remind me! I'm seeing it in just two days (can't believe how close it is still) and I'll be going nuts over all the different scenes, lines, bits of action, any twists, hearing the title song for the first time, all of it, so I'm sure I'll forget.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    @WillyGalore, be sure to remind me! I'm seeing it in just two days (can't believe how close it is still) and I'll be going nuts over all the different scenes, lines, bits of action, any twists, hearing the title song for the first time, all of it, so I'm sure I'll forget.

Hope you enjoy it Creasy. Must say usually my first impression of a Bond film sticks and I rarely alter my feelings towards it much. SP however has bucked that trend, my appreciation of the film rocketed after second viewing.
    @NicNac, thank you very much. I've surprisingly seen quite a few people who said the same thing: first time around left them unsure, but the second viewing totally blew them away. This has happened to me in the past with other movies, though I'm hoping I love it a lot on my first viewing!
    @NicNac, thank you very much. I've surprisingly seen quite a few people who said the same thing: first time around left them unsure, but the second viewing totally blew them away. This has happened to me in the past with other movies, though I'm hoping I love it a lot on my first viewing!

I was perhaps one of them. Don't get me wrong, I did like it first time around, but I liked it a hell of a lot more on my second viewing.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    What about in Goldfinger, when Connery compares drinking warm champagne to listening to the Beatles without earmuffs? That criticism did not date well.

Certainly hasnt dated well, but I thought it was great. It was both clever and showed Bond as a slightly old fashioned snob. Perfect encapsulation of the character.
  • Sark wrote: »
    What about in Goldfinger, when Connery compares drinking warm champagne to listening to the Beatles without earmuffs? That criticism did not date well.

Certainly hasnt dated well, but I thought it was great. It was both clever and showed Bond as a slightly old fashioned snob. Perfect encapsulation of the character.

Agreed, completely.

• Sark wrote: »

Agreed, except I think it has dated excellently.

• edited November 2015 Posts: 11
    LazinBee wrote: »
    I would always laugh and answer at the screen, "I'd hold my tongue, James. In less than ten years, a Beatle's going to write your theme song!"

I'm not sure if this line is considered good or bad, but here's one from Thunderball:

"Do you mind if my friend sits this one out? She's just dead!"

Bond's face says it all as he turns and walks away.
    shamanimal wrote: »
    Although M's poem in Skyfall worked with Bond running down the street, I did cringe a little when she started it. I mean, she's there on trial and her best defence is a poem? I wish they'd have found another way to work that in.

I don't really know what to think about that one. Although I do love when M asked "How Safe Do You Feel?". Gives me chills every time.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @ModJohnTheMod
    Please use the edit button and avoid multiple posts.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    "Yo mama" and "Read This, Bitch!"
    Jinx, Die Another Day
    Basically anything uttered by Jinx!
  • DarthDimi wrote: »
    @ModJohnTheMod
    Please use the edit button and avoid multiple posts.
    I see. Thanks for the tip, whatever I did, I'm sorry; it won't happen again.

• edited November 2015 Posts: 154
    "Your freedom came at too high a price." -- M to Bond following his release from N Korea in DAD, explaining why they didn't spring him sooner.

The Brosnan iteration of Bond had, at the time of that line, pretty much saved the world 3 times in the last 6 yrs. How could any price be "too high" for a man like that!? They should have handed S. Korea over to the N. Koreans to get him back. Hell the survival of the world depends on Bond's freedom! Talk about ungratefulness for a guy's work!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited November 2015 Posts: 15,423
    Yes, especially when she was concerned a movie earlier about losing Bond, telling Elektra he's the best the MI-6 has. So much for a concerned spymaster.

"I'm a professional. Just like you."

"Oh, I know... You'll do whatever it takes to get the job done..."

Bond's expression when he delivered that line was priceless! :))
    :-)
  • Boys with toys, armor falling down, and Spectre's
    "She's the daughter of an assassin, she's the only one who could have understood you".
    Way to spell it out for us. Thanks for treating the audience like idiots. :))
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    jackdagger wrote: »
    Boys with toys, armor falling down, and Spectre's
    "She's the daughter of an assassin, she's the only one who could have understood you".
    Way to spell it out for us. Thanks for treating the audience like idiots. :))

With a love story as forced as this one sometimes you need exposition. ;)
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    Virtually all of DAD's lines need to go here.
  • "Time to face gravity" has always seemed EXCEPTIONALLY bad, maybe it's not the line itself, but Brosnan's "Do I really HAVE to say that? Oh just get it over with" delivery of it.
    "Time to face gravity" has always seemed EXCEPTIONALLY bad, maybe it's not the line itself, but Brosnan's "Do I really HAVE to say that? Oh just get it over with" delivery of it.

I agree. The more I think about it, the more it seems like he's phoning it in throughout a lot of DAD.
  • I hated the 'joke before death' thing with Brosnan. "Time to face gravity", "always give the people what they want" and all that. It's like a villain can't be killed without Bond telling them a joke first.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    shamanimal wrote: »
    I hated the 'joke before death' thing with Brosnan. "Time to face gravity", "always give the people what they want" and all that. It's like a villain can't be killed without Bond telling them a joke first.

That's true. Many like "I never miss" but I cringe.

The best one he did was "No......for me" in GE.
  • We got a bit of that with "last rat standing", but I thought that worked. I liked it that Bond killed him with the knife that Kinkade put on the table and said "sometimes the old ways are the best". Message received and understood.
    Skyfall was such a class act, it's spoiled the Brosnan era a little for me.