FANTASTILICIOUS FUN FOR FILM FANS 089: your top 10's of 2020 and most anticipated films of 2021?

Comments

• Once upon a time in the west
    Does Last of the Mohicans count?

If not, Rio Bravo.
    The Magnificent Seven!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Murdock wrote: »
    Back to the future 3. ;)
    That's a bit of a stretch, but yeah, I was tempted to say that too. :D

My personal favourite is Hannie Caulder. If Eastwood's Italian movies are spaghetti westerns, then this is a fish & chips western seeing as it's an English production. Christopher lee is great as always, Robert Culp is flawless, but it's Raquel Welch who really shines here.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Firefly ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'd have to say 'Tombstone.'
    Firefly ;)
    Again, I was tempted to say this too, but it's another cross-genre show/movie. True westerns are set in the past, and only the past IMHO.
    Firefly rocks hard though...
    \m/
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Murdock wrote: »
    Back to the future 3. ;)

I have to go along with this one, honestly, though Tombstone comes a close second.

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Cannot decide exactly, but definitely anything from the Dollars trilogy- although Clint did a few other quality westerns without Leone. BTTF part 3- I'll forever have a sentimental attachment to that film.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Once Upon A Time In The West
  • The Searchers, Unforgiven, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

I just can't decide!
  • Oh and Once Upon a Time in the West - it had Gabrielle Ferzetti (Marc Ange Draco) in it.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 1,314
    Coen brothers true grit
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Coen brothers true grit
    That one is great as well. Nobody mentioned Django Unchained yet?
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    The Magnificent Seven!
    How could I forget that!

• edited September 2015 Posts: 4,602
    Mag Seven for me - made between the eras of the traditional hero Westerns and the anti hero Westerns - it crosses perfectly between the two. Just look at that cast! then you have the score, the direction, wonderful set pieces (ride up boot hill, Coburn's knife duel,) the bad guy (brilliant casting), some killer one line quotes and a sad tear jerker ending. It is a remarkable film that can be taken at different levels. I have never seen it at the cinema (yet)
    "If God did not want them sheared, he would not have made them sheep."
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    The Outlaw Josey Wales. This is an epic western; had it been made later in Clint's career it would have received the same accolades as Unforgiven
  • Blazing Saddles..
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 4,602
    Josey Wales in my top three, perfect combination of character development and action scenes and some great dialogue ( "are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle dixie? ")
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    patb wrote: »
    Josey Wales in my top three, perfect combination of character development and action scenes and some great dialogue ( "are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle dixie? ")
    No doubt.

''Dying Aint' Much of A Livin', Boy''

"Get ready, little lady. Hell is coming to breakfast."
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Blazing Saddles..
    If you like funny westerns, @nobodydoesitbetter, have you seen Cat Ballou? Lee Marvin is outstanding in it.
    Probably For a Few Dollars More

Anyone going to mention Seraphim Falls?

• Blazing Saddles..
    If you like funny westerns, @nobodydoesitbetter, have you seen Cat Ballou? Lee Marvin is outstanding in it.

Not that I remember. I will have to find it and give a watch. Blazing Saddles though is a comedy classic...

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Dances With Wolves anyone?
    edited September 2015 Posts: 17,695
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    Anyone going to mention Seraphim Falls?
    I have it; I love it. But then I love the bizarre westerns. High Plains Drifter, Quick & The Dead... Westworld-!!
    :))
    "They died with their boots on"

I think this was Errol Flynn playing the part of George Custer? Fantastic old Black and White movie from long ago.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Dances With Wolves anyone?
    Definitely a great film, but for favorite Western it doesn´t have enough Cowboy hats in it :-B .
    No love for Cowboys & Aliens here? :))
    chrisisall wrote: »
    No love for Cowboys & Aliens here? :))
    The Western part was fantastic! Now if they would have only left those aliens out of it...