SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

mcdonbb wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    It has to sound cool I suppose. It doesn't matter what it means. What's a Skyfall for instance, but it sure sounds cool.

True ..but has that Chicken Little ring to it lol
    Funnily enough, I thought that just over 2 years ago lol

tumblr_m3xa2qWqRw1rv0z1no1_400.jpg
    Glad to see Craig with longer hair again and dressed in black. He was looking a bit too closely shorn in SF.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    The day Disney becomes involved with the Bond series is the day I boycott the film.
  • jake24 wrote: »
    The day Disney becomes involved with the Bond series is the day I boycott the film.

Damn...ME TOO. But.....perhaps if Disney designs a more serious logo, titled Buena Vista, then.....it might be different. Nah, on the whole Disney has become such a monopolist. For me it seems a bit "unhealthy". They buy up too much: Marvel movies, Pirates, Star Wars, and lately Indiana Jones. I just can't see the more serious approach from the Daniel Craig-era (Martin Campbell, Marc Forster, Sam Mendes) fit inside whatever kind of Disney business structure.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    doubleoego wrote: »
    You're acting like you didn't know he was under contract for a 5th film.

People always bring up that damn contract. Who cares if he is under contract for a 5th film? Contracts are broken in the film industry all the time. And even if they were not, Barbara and Daniel are good friends. She won't force him to appear in a 5th film if he really won't want to.

You're trivialising the function contracts play. I work with lawyers and general counsels and I'm telling you, people do care about contracts. Clauses and stipulations make all the difference in how parties may be affected by contracts especially when in breach or broken. Just because it may happen in Hollywood, you don't know what behind the scenes penalties have been put in place or what the stipulations were. Look at that Gavin guy who was cast as Bond but never filmed anything; he was still paid a full salary because of what ever was in his contract. So, contracts do matter and Craig signing a contract for a 5th film means more than you obviously realise.

I agree with the Panchito on this. Contracts mean nothing, particularly in the entertainment business. Here in the U.S., professional athletes break contracts all the time. Nobody honors them.

If Craig does a fifth film, and he likely will, it won't be because of a contractual obligation. It'll be because he wants to do it. I've said this before, if the delay between Spectre and Bond 25 is too great, he might jump. He's not getting any younger. But if the report above is true, and we're looking at a two-film arc, then great! We may have just two years between films, rather than three or four.

I also agree that Barbara and Daniel have the type of relationship where if Daniel went to her and said, "I don't have another film in me. It's just too much, physically," Barbara would thank him for the four he'd done and let him go. I don't think it will come to that, but I have a hard time believing she would be so ruthless as to have him do a film his heart is not in. Her father got a taste of that with Connery.
  • aaron819 wrote: »
    Acording to this post on Huffington Post, filming in Central London was cancelled this weekend because of Daniel's injury.

Full report: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/02/13/daniel-craig-knee-injury-spectre-filming_n_6676774.html

This is really worrysome for me. Knee injuries fuck up a lot. Just look at Dutch football player Arjen Robben. From 2009 till2013 he consistently had problems with his knee. And only since late 2013/early 2014 he has become fit again.

Now Daniel Craig is not playing football, but intense scenes like fight sequences really can delay the shooting of a big-budget blockbuster like 007.

One question I have: Are there currently three units filming? Main unit in Pinewood, 2nd unit in Woodstock and 3rd unit in Sölden?

In any case, the good news is that those pictures from Sölden look amazing...
    TripAces wrote: »

People always bring up that damn contract. Who cares if he is under contract for a 5th film? Contracts are broken in the film industry all the time. And even if they were not, Barbara and Daniel are good friends. She won't force him to appear in a 5th film if he really won't want to.

You're trivialising the function contracts play. I work with lawyers and general counsels and I'm telling you, people do care about contracts. Clauses and stipulations make all the difference in how parties may be affected by contracts especially when in breach or broken. Just because it may happen in Hollywood, you don't know what behind the scenes penalties have been put in place or what the stipulations were. Look at that Gavin guy who was cast as Bond but never filmed anything; he was still paid a full salary because of what ever was in his contract. So, contracts do matter and Craig signing a contract for a 5th film means more than you obviously realise.

I agree with the Panchito on this. Contracts mean nothing, particularly in the entertainment business. Here in the U.S., professional athletes break contracts all the time. Nobody honors them.

If Craig does a fifth film, and he likely will, it won't be because of a contractual obligation. It'll be because he wants to do it. I've said this before, if the delay between Spectre and Bond 25 is too great, he might jump. He's not getting any younger. But if the report above is true, and we're looking at a two-film arc, then great! We may have just two years between films, rather than three or four.

I also agree that Barbara and Daniel have the type of relationship where if Daniel went to her and said, "I don't have another film in me. It's just too much, physically," Barbara would thank him for the four he'd done and let him go. I don't think it will come to that, but I have a hard time believing she would be so ruthless as to have him do a film his heart is not in. Her father got a taste of that with Connery.

I am skeptical about a two films arc, i.e. not sure it will happen, but I would love to see it.
    RC7 wrote: »
    JCRendle wrote: »
    Whilst from a Bond fan standpoint, I love the name Shatterhand - If I didn't know the Flemingesque context then I wouldn't like it as much - from a purely Bond Film Fan standpoint I think it would sound "unBondian" - We only like it because we know how it works in You Only Live Twice.

As someone who hasn't yet read YOLT, I think the name "Shatterhand" is pretty awesome. I suppose it could go both ways.

You need to read it. After TB and OHMSS, naturally.

Agreed! I'm reading them in order and am currently on Dr. No. Will have them done in time for SPECTRE :)

Nobody reads books anymore. They listen to them on Audible. com
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    JCRendle wrote: »
    Whilst from a Bond fan standpoint, I love the name Shatterhand - If I didn't know the Flemingesque context then I wouldn't like it as much - from a purely Bond Film Fan standpoint I think it would sound "unBondian" - We only like it because we know how it works in You Only Live Twice.

As someone who hasn't yet read YOLT, I think the name "Shatterhand" is pretty awesome. I suppose it could go both ways.

You need to read it. After TB and OHMSS, naturally.

Agreed! I'm reading them in order and am currently on Dr. No. Will have them done in time for SPECTRE :)

Nobody reads books anymore. They listen to them on Audible. com

A darn shame. We are building a generation of illiterate.
  • Ludovico wrote: »

I am skeptical about a two films arc, i.e. not sure it will happen, but I would love to see it.

Why sceptical? I actually think it's a logical thing to do, given the fact that all of Craig's films are "drowned" into continuity of narratives and parts of stories/plots :-).
    Im a little behind. How did Daniel hurt his knee? How bad is it? and will it delay filming?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Disney? Bond? I hope I won't live up to see that.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2015 Posts: 10,588
    I'm really worried about Craig's knee. But how authentic is the above article about the canceled filming in central London?
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    jake24 wrote: »
    I'm really worried about Craig's knee. But how authentic is the above article about the canceled filming in central London?

I believe it is true. Because I have read the script and there are scenes in London that have not been filmed - at least we haven't seen

I guess we'll know for sure during the photocall this Wednesday in Rome.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    If his knee is totally destroyed, they could always work it into the script.
    I guess we'll know for sure during the photocall this Wednesday in Rome.

I forgot all about that. Can't wait for Wednesday :-) :-)

• Craig needs a new knee cap
    jamesdut wrote: »
    Craig needs a new knee cap

Source?
    aaron819 wrote: »
    jamesdut wrote: »

Source?
    I dont take this remark serious. I think, he is kidding, not in a good way though.

Ludovico wrote: »

Why sceptical? I actually think it's a logical thing to do, given the fact that all of Craig's films are "drowned" into continuity of narratives and parts of stories/plots :-).

Skeptical because while yes it would be a logical thing to do and I love a bit of continuity, many other factors have to fall into place for Bond 25 to be a sequel: same team, or at least same key players (Craig, Mendes, Logan, maybe even Waltz if some rumors are true), an enthusiasm from the public to see what developed from the previous movie (remember what people here thought of Quantum the organization because they didn't like QOS), not too long of a gap between the two movies, etc.

My idea: make Spectre a standalone story with an open ending that could be used for a continuation in Bond 25. A bit like DN, FRWL, TB, well, every early Bond movie with SPECTRE in it. or like Batman Begins.
  • jamesdut wrote: »

You need a knee cap in your mouth, so you stop talking :-).
    This video is from yesterday, 2nd unit in Sölden

edited February 2015 Posts: 10,588
  • aaron819 wrote: »

Awesomeeee :-P. Looks like Hoyte van Hoytema's aerial unit will deliever another masterful cinematographical achievement.
    aaron819 wrote: »

Awesomeeee :-P. Looks like Hoyte van Hoytema's aerial unit will deliever another masterful cinematographical achievement.

I never put in question Hoyte van Hoytema's ideas for masterful cinematography.

I also have been noticing there is a big presence of cameras mounted on helicopters in this movie.
    I read they will also be using drones for filming.
  • some footage of the DB10 at Blenheim . it sounds fantastic . *possible spoilers*
    Source?
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Source?
    I don't remember. I read it a while ago that they would be filming some of the aerial shots for the car chase with camera mounted drones. Perhaps someone on here remembers the source?