SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

And it seems Rome has axed another location. Gosh, one would imagine, it was all settled beforehand. They sure have to be quick witted for this one in finding new locations fast..

Monks halt 007 graveyard scene: Plans to film in 2,000-year-old burial ground in Rome are stopped by ancient order
    Daniel Craig is filming his fourth James Bond movie Spectre in Rome, Italy
    But plans to shoot a funeral scene at an ancient cemetery were blocked
    Archconfraternity of the Departed had refused to respect sanctity of tombs
    Production team hopes to rework scene at Museum of Roman Civilisation

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2951584/Monks-halt-007-graveyard-scene-Plans-film-2-000-year-old-burial-ground-Rome-stopped-ancient-order.html#ixzz3Rc8KVAQk

• SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    We know, from Italian Bond Club Lecercle, that shooting in Monumental Cemetery
    Germanlady wrote: »
    And it seems Rome has axed another location. Gosh, one would imagine, it was all settled beforehand. They sure have to be quick witted for this one in finding new locations fast..

Monks halt 007 graveyard scene: Plans to film in 2,000-year-old burial ground in Rome are stopped by ancient order
    Daniel Craig is filming his fourth James Bond movie Spectre in Rome, Italy
    But plans to shoot a funeral scene at an ancient cemetery were blocked
    Archconfraternity of the Departed had refused to respect sanctity of tombs
    Production team hopes to rework scene at Museum of Roman Civilisation

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2951584/Monks-halt-007-graveyard-scene-Plans-film-2-000-year-old-burial-ground-Rome-stopped-ancient-order.html#ixzz3Rc8KVAQk

Yes, it's true.
    They are searching for a new place, maybe they found it, as the article says, at the Museum of Roman Civilisation, a beautiful place, really.
    I hope this is the last problem they are going to have.
    It's a shame for Rome.
    It is strange that these things have not been sorted out by formal contract many months ago. Are the arrangements done with a handshake? very strange
    Let the dead bury the dead.
    patb wrote: »
    It is strange that these things have not been sorted out by formal contract many months ago. Are the arrangements done with a handshake? very strange
    In this case it is a public place in which there is this religious order that is dedicated to cemetery cure. It could happen, and you can't sign any formal contract.

Yes, understood, so either the advanced team went out and explained all this to the monks, showed them photos of what a shoot would look like etc and the Monks gave the thumbs up and then changed their minds at the last minute or the advanced team did not do their research and the Monks have only just found out.. I know these things happen but now I may be watching the movie , thinking how much better it could have been at the first choice location.
    Yes, understood, so either the advanced team went out and explained all this to the monks, showed them photos of what a shoot would look like etc and the Monks gave the thumbs up and then changed their minds at the last minute or the advanced team did not do their research and the Monks have only just found out.. I know these things happen but now I may be watching the movie , thinking how much better it could have been at the first choice location.
    Trust me, you won't regret they have to change. The replacement is amazing.
    Roma_2011_08_22_Museo_Civilt%C3%A0_Romana_colonnato_fronte.jpg
  • The Bilderberg Group is a chat forum for the global elite. this elite goes by many names- for instance Illuminati, Moriah, The Family and interestingly The Octopus.

It's not just a chat forum. I hope you read any books about the Bilderberg Group? Please read this article:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10102168/Bilderberg-Group-No-conspiracy-just-the-most-influential-group-in-the-world.html

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    By chat forum, I meant they meet to talk and lay plans.

I don't want to speculate, but somehow I think the blame is on the monks.
    OMG. More trouble in Italy, due to "religious reasons"? And they are to begin shooting the next Dan Brown movie, Inferno, in two months there? Good luck.

Unfortunately, locations, especially with any religious or deep cultural history, are always very difficult to lock down. I have a good friend who is working on SP locations, and it's a tough job. They always make sure they have back-ups and alternative locations if, at the last minute, a first choice location falls through.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I've got it confirmed from reliable sources that the release date for Spectre in Sweden will be on Wednesday the 4th of November with a release date in UK even earlier than so!
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 6,601
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    Unfortunately, locations, especially with any religious or deep cultural history, are always very difficult to lock down. I have a good friend who is working on SP locations, and it's a tough job. They always make sure they have back-ups and alternative locations if, at the last minute, a first choice location falls through.

Colonel, do you have maybe any information whether or not DC returned on set?

Germanlady wrote: »
    ColonelSun wrote: »

Colonel, do you have maybe any information whether or not DC returned on set?

No, however small injuries (or bigger ones like Harrison Ford during Star Wars Ep 7) do happen quite often, but Craig's injury doesn't sound like much to me. Press tend to blow things up for a story when there really isn't much of one.

• edited February 2015 Posts: 1,552
    MrBond wrote: »
    I've got it confirmed from reliable sources that the release date for Spectre in Sweden will be on Wednesday the 4th of November with a release date in UK even earlier than so!
    I'm looking forward to Eon officially announcing the individual release dates, November 6th may be the major release date, but films are never released on the same day world wide.
    6th November in Norway, like most other places.
    Did not the monks mess the production up during FYEO? obviously not Bond fans

They did. This monk business should have been expected.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    I just found this new picture of the ICE Q Restaurant in Sölden

skigebiet_soelden_restaurant,method=scale,prop=data,id=1636-900.jpg[/url]

Yes, those monks have "previous"

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'm liking Seydoux' accent in that clip. Bit of the Vesper in her dare I say (French/English mix).
    aaron819 wrote: »

How much would a chopper pad have been to construct. Just imagine?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    That photo is awesome! Simply awesome.

Combine this with Van Hoytema's cinematography, and we have something special coming.

Shame on them. Of course being devout Catholics they must dislike Bond's rather sinful activities.

I said this and I know of one Jesuit who is a Bond fan.
  • patb wrote: »
    In this case it is a public place in which there is this religious order that is dedicated to cemetery cure. It could happen, and you can't sign any formal contract.

I just don't get it. This cemetery is a public place. There are even commercial guided tours on that wonderful looking cemetery. Everything was arranged properly with the city of Rome. Contracts were signed indeed. But I think "Rome" never truly did good research if incidents like these could happen. The mayor of Rome, Marino, welcomes Bond with open arms, but he doesn't know a thing about these "special exceptions". Shame.
  • Indeed the Romans seem to be very light here in terms of properly honoring agreements. As for the Museum of Roman Civilization, it is nothing new in the movies. Dozens of Cinecitta swords and sandals movies were shot there in the sixties.
    There were obviously not signed agreements about the single locations. Period.
    And, as much as I don't like Marino, I don't think it is a mayor's job to know about how a cemetery is handled by a monks order.
    Maybe it is Location Manager's job?
  • RC7RC7
    aaron819 wrote: »

How much would a chopper pad have been to construct. Just imagine?

Then it would be even closer to OHMSS. I was saying on another thread, the shots so far look great, but I'm really keen that they distance themselves from what has gone before. A lot, I mean a lot, of my less clued up friends are all saying 'OHMSS'.
    This, even without any of them knowing the mountain top retreat is a clinic. Then we have the Day of the Dead festival for the PTS, again, this will be a visual treat I'm sure, but feels tonally similar to LALD, a film Mendes has an affinity for.

I'm looking forward to seeing some shots from Rome and Morocco. The films have always worked with a basic mantra of avoiding things they've done before. This is why we have such a rich tapestry across the canon. SF, whether people liked it or hated it, is tonally and visually distinctive. I hope SP doesn't become a patchwork of tones that borrow from the earlier films.

And before I'm accused of getting carried away, I'm not sat biting my fingernails. Everything so far looks good, it's just something that has crossed my mind. More so than during production on any of the other films.