SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Well to be fair, the snowy locations and the lakes of Austria coupled with the singularly distinctively different atmospheres of Italy and Morocco definitely should give SPECTRE a look and feel that makes it stand out from the previous 23 movies. We're seeing incremental stages of the filming process which do recall similarities to past Bond films but in the end I think we're going to be treated to a very good movie that distances itself wholly from the rest.
  • RC7RC7
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Well to be fair, the snowy locations and the lakes of Austria coupled with the singularly distinctively different atmospheres of Italy and Morocco definitely should give SPECTRE a look and feel that makes it stand out from the previous 23 movies. We're seeing incremental stages of the filming process which do recall similarities to past Bond films but in the end I think we're going to be treated to a very good movie that distances itself wholly from the rest.

I'm sure you're right. I just love to see locations and set pieces that aren't evocative of past films. The plane scene in Austria looks like it will deliver another distinctive Bondian moment. Hoping the car chase does too.
    Tonally, SP will be more TLD than either LALD and OHMSS, IMO. And very visual pleasing. Snow and desert are perfect contrasts. Then there's the orange from Rome (the Jaguar as well as the sun at dawn) and the gritty light-brownish from Mexico. There's no way they can mess this one up!
  • RC7RC7
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Tonally, SP will be more TLD than either LALD and OHMSS, IMO. And very visual pleasing. Snow and desert are perfect contrasts. Then there's the orange from Rome (the Jaguar as well as the sun at dawn) and the gritty light-brownish from Mexico. There's no way they can mess this one up!

That sounds promising @Zekidk. I don't want to know details, but will Morocco feature relatively substantially?

• edited February 2015 Posts: 591

There's gonna be a real saturation contrast I feel between the locations.

The scenes in London, the day scenes in Rome (if any) and Austria will be quite desaturated, with a lot of grey tones whereas like you said the Moroccan desert, Mexico and the night scenes in Rome will be very saturated with a lot of gritty, brown and orange tones. It'll be very pleasing to the eye :)
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland

There's gonna be a real saturation contrast I feel between the locations.

The scenes in London, the day scenes in Rome (if any) and Austria will be quite desaturated, with a lot of grey tones whereas like you said the Moroccan desert, Mexico and the night scenes in Rome will be very saturated with a lot of gritty, brown and orange tones. It'll be very pleasing to the eye :)

I agree with all of you.

Mexico will be a great - the great colours, sun. The scenes in London will be really grey I think. Rome will be really cool at night especially with the Orange Jaguar. Austria - black and white - perfect! Morocco will be a great place. Open plains, never endless desert and an amazing old city (Tangier).

I agree with @Zekidk SP will be more like TLD rather than OHMSS AND LALD
  • There were obviously not signed agreements about the single locations. Period.
    And, as much as I don't like Marino, I don't think it is a mayor's job to know about how a cemetery is handled by a monks order.
    Maybe it is Location Manager's job?

With all due respect: Italy should do it the Austrian way. By jolly, there's a whole infrastructure for filming locations in Austria. And they facilitate properly. Obviously things are different in Italy.

Moreover, I just can not believe that these things happen due to bad planning from EON's side.
  • RC7RC7
    aaron819 wrote: »

I wasn't suggesting that it would, hence the phrase 'patchwork', ie. moments and scenes that evoked others, not the film as a whole. It's reassuring to know that those who've read the script don't believe this to be the case, regards these scenes. Still, I don't want it to feel like TLD either (I know it'll be different).
    There were obviously not signed agreements about the single locations. Period.
    And, as much as I don't like Marino, I don't think it is a mayor's job to know about how a cemetery is handled by a monks order.
    Maybe it is Location Manager's job?

As I mentioned earlier, locations are very tricky sometimes. Example: I was directing a commercial a couple years back and we found the perfect suburban street for one scene. Our LM correctly got council approval to shoot - all neighbours, authorities etc. were informed and told exactly what we would be doing. The LM personally spoke to every person or family living in the street, who might be affected by the shooting, to give them details and reassure them. No one objected. Many were quite excited and asked if they could be extras in the background etc. All were told there would obviously be some disruption (with arrival of crew, small cast, equipment, lights, rigs, vehicles etc.) but as the shoot was scheduled for only one day, disruption was going to be short and pretty minimal. Still no one objected. We got the required permits, paid for parking permits etc. -and then guess what, two days before filming, after we'd mapped out the entire scene (re: staging, lighting, shooting) suddenly a handful of neighbours objected. Apparently one local, who it turned out didn't even live in the same street, banged on doors and persuaded others that a film crew would be too noisy and destructive. Suddenly we had to find another location - and we had to go back to another street we'd scouted which was okay, but not as good. Big film or small film, when it comes to locations, it's rarely easy - even for Bond.
    RC7 wrote: »
    aaron819 wrote: »

I wasn't suggesting that it would, hence the phrase 'patchwork', ie. moments and scenes that evoked others, not the film as a whole. It's reassuring to know that those who've read the script don't believe this to be the case, regards these scenes. Still, I don't want it to feel like TLD either (I know it'll be different).

@RC7 I understand you now. I would agree with your points you stated there. Of course, we all know it won't feel even 50% TLD. It will just have some constrains of the elements of TLD.

Everybody is linking to OHMSS automatically because of the Ice Q Restaurant and Piz Gloria and Blofeld - Spectre...
    I don't want to know details, but will Morocco feature relatively substantially?
    I would say like Egypt in TSWLM or Las Vegas in DAF ;-)
    I don't want to know details, but will Morocco feature relatively substantially?

Sorry for asking, but how much is that actually? I saw all the films, but don't remember them anymore. Maybe throw a comparison to the last 3 films at me, please.
    Germanlady wrote: »

Sorry for asking, but how much is that actually? I saw all the films, but don't remember them anymore. Maybe throw a comparison to the last 3 films at me, please.
    Good chance to give yourself a Bond rewatch ;)

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Like Scotland in SF perhaps?
    How much? Like in minutes? SF: The Shanghai scenes, Macao scenes and Silva's Island scenes combined, meaning approximately 30-35 minutes in total.
    Like Scotland in SF perhaps?

Yeah, a rewatch. Why not? All I saw in recent years was FRWL and the first Dalton to see, if I like it better now. (No)

The Scotland sequence is quite long. Morocco is exotic and colorful - so I like that.

ColonelSun wrote: »
    one local, who it turned out didn't even live in the same street, banged on doors and persuaded others that a film crew would be too noisy and destructive

People like that one should be sent to Siberia. It's really quiet there...
    I can't wait for Greg William's Bond on Set: Filming SPECTRE book, it normally comes out one month before the release.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'm liking Seydoux' accent in that clip. Bit of the Vesper in her dare I say (French/English mix).

yes that is a nice accent. Can't place it though. Sounds a touch English, but yes a mix of some sort. Very pleasant sounding.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    FxbsMKY.jpg
    And it seems Rome has axed another location. Gosh, one would imagine, it was all settled beforehand. They sure have to be quick witted for this one in finding new locations fast..

Monks halt 007 graveyard scene: Plans to film in 2,000-year-old burial ground in Rome are stopped by ancient order
    Daniel Craig is filming his fourth James Bond movie Spectre in Rome, Italy
    But plans to shoot a funeral scene at an ancient cemetery were blocked
    Archconfraternity of the Departed had refused to respect sanctity of tombs
    Production team hopes to rework scene at Museum of Roman Civilisation

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2951584/Monks-halt-007-graveyard-scene-Plans-film-2-000-year-old-burial-ground-Rome-stopped-ancient-order.html#ixzz3Rc8KVAQk

They can just recreate the tombs at pinewood no biggy
  • fjdinardo wrote: »
    And it seems Rome has axed another location. Gosh, one would imagine, it was all settled beforehand. They sure have to be quick witted for this one in finding new locations fast..

Monks halt 007 graveyard scene: Plans to film in 2,000-year-old burial ground in Rome are stopped by ancient order
    Daniel Craig is filming his fourth James Bond movie Spectre in Rome, Italy
    But plans to shoot a funeral scene at an ancient cemetery were blocked
    Archconfraternity of the Departed had refused to respect sanctity of tombs
    Production team hopes to rework scene at Museum of Roman Civilisation

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2951584/Monks-halt-007-graveyard-scene-Plans-film-2-000-year-old-burial-ground-Rome-stopped-ancient-order.html#ixzz3Rc8KVAQk

They can just recreate the tombs at pinewood no biggy

Well, it was a "buggy" with SF. I recall very well the complaints the film received in here, because it actually wasn't "on location" enough. I hope people realize not every fan's wish can be heard in making a Bond film.

Personally I'm quite sad they can't film on that beautiful classisist graveyard. It's simply a stunning beauty, location wise. But then I also know you can't simply blaim EON Productions for that. Same with the Palazzo di Caserta that was canceled in favor of Blenheim Palace. And, not to mention the trouble FYEO had with the monks in Greece.
    People should cool off a little bit..what's wrong with shooting in Pinewood? At least for some scenes.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'm liking Seydoux' accent in that clip. Bit of the Vesper in her dare I say (French/English mix).

She actually looks how I imagined the literary Vesper to be!

SPOILERS: A new report with inside knowledge claims Spectre and Bond 25 will be a two part story

http://www.filmdivider.com/8910/the-first-promotional-video-for-spectre-and-a-little-extra-information-on-what-it-shows-us/

According to the report:
    -The supposed 'final' shooting script that leaks has been altered significantly.
    -Bond will meet a character from his past at the clinic seen in the clip
    -Contracts have been signed with the actors to tie Spectre in with the next film.
    -Mendes has not committed but likely will return.
    Waltz already stated in an interview in December, that he may be back for Bond 25.
  • Jan1985 wrote: »
    SPOILERS: A new report with inside knowledge claims Spectre and Bond 25 will be a two part story

http://www.filmdivider.com/8910/the-first-promotional-video-for-spectre-and-a-little-extra-information-on-what-it-shows-us/

According to the report:
    -The supposed 'final' shooting script that leaks has been altered significantly.
    -Contracts have been signed with the actors to tie Spectre in with the next film.
    Waltz already stated in an interview in December, that he may be back for Bond 25.

Damnnn, this is fffff-ing awesome B-)! So Daniel Craig will be back for a 5th film!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    You're acting like you didn't know he was under contract for a 5th film.
  • doubleoego wrote: »
    You're acting like you didn't know he was under contract for a 5th film.

It's called brainless enthusiasm @doubleoego ;-). Learn to live with it hehe. And off course I know Craig is signed up for a 5th.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Loving all the recent stuff that's been put out, I'm officially 100% more excited for this film than I was before.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 14,856
    Jan1985 wrote: »

According to the report:

Nice if true.