Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• ml94ml94 Finland
    StanKobra wrote: »
    I agree about Fassbender, he is perfect for the role but age and other commitments will probably keep him out of running.
    Yeah, he is too famous & old when Craig leaves...

• ml94ml94 Finland
    talos7 wrote: »
    In an age where actors frequently look younger than their years, Fassbender actually looks older. He has a more weathered, mature look that actually would have made him perfect now.
    Yeah, Sean was 32 in DR NO, and he looked 40... :)

O mighty producer @SJK91

Only in my wildest dreams, good sir. ;)

With that being said, Matt Lewis still looks like he's in college. Would be pretty hard to imagine 007 - Neville Longbottom. He also is a little goofy looking compared to some others.

Oliver Jackson-Cohen has a good look. Don't care for Mr. Selfridge as a show, but he holds his own from what I've seen.

I agree with others about Dan Stevens needing to look older, but that might happen in five years. I'm mixed about his overall look though. I just don't see it here. But I see it more here.
  • ml94ml94 Finland
    For me, Dan Stevens is Craig 2...blue eyes & blond, NOT!
    Germanlady wrote: »

I think he's (very wisely) establishing that he can cover a wide range of genres. He's done period drame, action/thriller and now doing rom-com. It's not a bad foundation for Bond. I want to watch The Guest to assess whether he has what it takes. He's the most interesting suggestion I've heard so far though.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited January 2015 Posts: 11,139
  • SJK91 wrote: »
    O mighty producer @SJK91

Only in my wildest dreams, good sir. ;)

With that being said, Matt Lewis still looks like he's in college. Would be pretty hard to imagine 007 - Neville Longbottom. He also is a little goofy looking compared to some others.

Oliver Jackson-Cohen has a good look. Don't care for Mr. Selfridge as a show, but he holds his own from what I've seen.

I agree with others about Dan Stevens needing to look older, but that might happen in five years. I'm mixed about his overall look though. I just don't see it here. But I see it more here.

Funnily enough, Stevens looks more like Bond in the first pic to me. Lewis is a bit young (born 1989), but he could have a good shot to succeed the guy after Craig, depending on how his tenure goes and how he ages (biggest problem is the hairline).

Funnily enough, Stevens looks more like Bond in the first pic to me. Lewis is a bit young (born 1989), but he could have a good shot to succeed the guy after Craig, depending on how his tenure goes and how he ages (biggest problem is the hairline).
    Yeah I noticed the hair, too. Luckily, there's always....

61o2cGg5MqL._UX385_.jpg
    ;)

Lewis still seems like a long shot to me, though.
  • ml94ml94 Finland
    Cullen is 29, how old Friend & Dornan are...?
  • The honest truth is that Bond role won't open up till around 2020 at the earliest. Craig will have completed Spectre and Bond 25 by then and it's likely the producers will want to recharge their batteries before the inevitable second reboot of the franchise.

While Hardy, Elba and Fassbender are perfect for the part now, they won't be in 6 years time. It'll either be an actor starting to make a name for himself now or it'll be someone not even on our radar.

I think Jack Huston could make a good 007:

600full-jack-huston.jpg

Jack+Huston+numRvDflBg5m.jpg

Hottest-Actors-image-hottest-actors-36052105-467-594.jpg

jack-huston1.jpg?w=670&h=377&crop=1

doubleoego wrote: »

At last he said it! I thought Elba's attitude was rather crass so far regarding Craig.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 1,310
    As @Pierce2Daniel mentioned, the possibility of an actor arriving from under the radar (gets popular in the next few years etc) is also a very real possibility. Exciting stuff, this is.
    SJK91 wrote: »
    As @Pierce2Daniel mentioned, the possibility of an actor arriving from under the radar (gets popular in the next few years etc) is also a very real possibility. Exciting stuff, this is.

I think it is by far the most plausible scenario.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Just give it to Tom Hiddleston.
  • ml94ml94 Finland
    edited February 2015 Posts: 88
    How old Jack Huston is?

Give me more names/canditates.
  • ml94ml94 Finland
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Just give it to Tom Hiddleston.
    Too famous.

• ml94ml94 Finland
    The honest truth is that Bond role won't open up till around 2020 at the earliest. Craig will have completed Spectre and Bond 25 by then and it's likely the producers will want to recharge their batteries before the inevitable second reboot of the franchise.

While Hardy, Elba and Fassbender are perfect for the part now, they won't be in 6 years time. It'll either be an actor starting to make a name for himself now or it'll be someone not even on our radar.

600full-jack-huston.jpg

Tom Cullen is 35 in 2020.
  • ml94ml94 Finland
    edited February 2015 Posts: 88
    Craig was 37 when they cast him...
    The honest truth is that Bond role won't open up till around 2020 at the earliest. Craig will have completed Spectre and Bond 25 by then and it's likely the producers will want to recharge their batteries before the inevitable second reboot of the franchise.

600full-jack-huston.jpg

He has that "BOND LOOK".
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    before the inevitable second reboot of the franchise.

Inevitable why?
    @ml94 You've been asked before to use the edit button rather that constantly post new posts one after another.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    @ml94 use the edit button. You've posted four times in a row for no reason.
    If you continue to ignore these requests, then disciplinary action will be taken.
  • ml94ml94 Finland
    talos7 wrote: »
    To me Dornan has an insane look in his eyes; he looks more like a convict than 007
    Absolutely, he 32 now.

• ml94ml94 Finland
    If Craig and everyone are suddenly unavailable for Bond 25...

Penny-Dreadful-Timothy-Dalton-Group-16x9-1.jpg

Timothy is aged FANTASTIC.
  • ml94ml94 Finland
    If Craig and everyone are suddenly unavailable for Bond 25...

Penny-Dreadful-Timothy-Dalton-Group-16x9-1.jpg

Timothy is aged FANTASTIC.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    My dream choice at the moment for when Craig is done.

b72f9ef939f39155eaaf0fba90b71bfe.jpg

I would sooner have him as a villain! Have to say though that is a great photoshop of him as Bond though! :-bd
    Nice poster!
  • ml94ml94 Finland
    Tom Hardy had too much of a thuggish vibe, however,i'd have no objections to him as another 00 or a villain. I still think Dominic Cooper would make a good Bond:

article-2544643-1AE8483500000578-450_306x423.jpg

I though his performance was one of the better aspects of Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond.
    Classy, how old & tall he is?
  • ml94ml94 Finland
    Fassbender is only 37 right now. Craig was 38 when CR came out, so I'd really like to see Fassbender get a good run in as Bond!
    He is too famous.

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    @ml94 you have been warned about your posting USE THE EDIT FUNCTION .
  • ml94ml94 Finland
    I think John Boyega could do a good job. He's a fantastic actor. He was the lead in Attack The Block. He's in 24 at the moment playing a US drone pilot and if I hadn't seen him in Attack The Block then I would never have realized that he wasn't American. Great actor with tons of range.

That's about all he's done (aside from appearances in TV shows and a recent film with Chiwetel Efijor) but he's apparently in the new Star Wars film so his career is really starting to take off now. He's 22 now but by the time Craig leaves he'll be in his late 20s at least.

John%2BBoyega.jpg
    JAMES BOND IS NOT BLACK.
    He is too busy bitching about DC to understand that.
    He will probably not be here long enough to learn it.