Who should/could be a Bond actor?

135363840411206

Comments

  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    Posts: 805
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I think Rupert Friend will be a serious contender for the next Bond.
    Yes, I could definitely see him as Bond as well.

    Too fey for me. Weasely looking too. As someone else said, Craig's physicality will set the template for the next Bond (in much the same way Connery led to Lazenby) and Friend just doesn't have it.

  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited February 2015 Posts: 1,727
    OHMSS69 wrote: »
    Matthew Goode with some weight and a more mature look.

    This.
    With a few months in the gym and the right approach I think Goode could surprise many people who think he's too lightweight or 'posh' to pull it off. Several of his parts have hinted at his ability to play a dangerous & edgy Bond, especially 'Stoker'.

    It would certainly work from the unexpected angle - his roles up until now don't scream 'next 007', but remember - he's always played lightweight and posh (so in a way if that's the perception of him he's a v good actor actually...). His previous roles don't exclude him from being capable of doing smth very different.

  • Posts: 14,927
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    This would depend when they will need a new actor for Bond Ben Barnes may be too old then.
    He'll be 38 in 2020, same age as Craig when HE took over...
    :-??

    Craig was 37 when he was cast, he turned to 38 during shooting. More seriously, this depends when the role becomes available. If Craig makes Bond 25 and the movie is shot around 2019, then the next Bond movie will be shot around 2022, maybe even 2023.
  • Posts: 12,511
    chrisisall wrote: »
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Certainly shows promise but I know nothing about him?
    He was Prince Caspian in the Narnia movies and can currently be seen in Seventh Son.

    :-O No way!!!! I didn't recognise him and I only just watched the Dawn Treader the other week!
  • Posts: 1,552
    chrisisall wrote: »
    He was Prince Caspian in the Narnia movies and can currently be seen in Seventh Son.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    :-O No way!!!! I didn't recognise him and I only just watched the Dawn Treader the other week!

    Really, he's aged well

    0014_narnia.jpg18200.gifbbc-prince-caspian-vdt.jpg

    ;)
  • Posts: 12,511
    /\ =)) Just a bit of a makeover then!
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 1,552
    Pierce Brosnan has given his backing to Idris Elba to be a potential James Bond, whilst also praising Daniel Craig's portrayal.

    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-02-17/pierce-brosnan-idris-elba-would-make-a-good-james-bond
    "Daniel has made his mark gloriously," the Hollywood veteran tells Radio Times. Asked whether Luther star Idris Elba would make a good Bond, Brosnan continues, "Yeah, he would actually. Colin Salmon also. May the best man get the job and may Daniel bring home the bacon for as long as he wants."
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Posts: 23,883
    Pierce stirring the pot again. Both have no chance imo.

    There are other candidates that are better.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Posts: 11,139
    To be fair Brosnan was asked and kind if put on the spot. Sure, he's been advocating Salmon for years but the fact he's still doing so just goes to show Brosnan knows these guys will never ever be Bond, hence his last line about Craig doing it for as long as he wants.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Posts: 23,883
    That's true. He was put on the spot. Personally, I've never understood the interest in Salmon.

    Elba maybe years back, but he's past it now.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Posts: 10,588
    Colin Salmon actually auditioned for the role of Bond before Brosnan was cast.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Posts: 23,883
    jake24 wrote: »
    Colin Salmon actually auditioned for the role of Bond before Brosnan was cast.

    I did not know that. What got him on the radar? I only know him from Bond and Resident Evil I think.

  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Posts: 16,340
    bondjames wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    Colin Salmon actually auditioned for the role of Bond before Brosnan was cast.

    I did not know that. What got him on the radar? I only know him from Bond and Resident Evil I think.

    He was also in Punisher War Zone.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Posts: 13,384
    Colin Salmon would have been a great Bond.
  • Posts: 14,927
    bondjames wrote: »
    That's true. He was put on the spot. Personally, I've never understood the interest in Salmon.

    Elba maybe years back, but he's past it now.

    That is what people need to understand: all racial considerations aside, he is too old to succeed to Daniel Craig.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Posts: 13,384
    Yep ! Elba's time has passed but I'd love to see him as a future villain. :)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Posts: 45,489
    jake24 wrote: »
    Colin Salmon actually auditioned for the role of Bond before Brosnan was cast.

    Are you sure? All I know is they used him as Bond when screentesting the potential Bond girls.
  • Posts: 12,511
    Not going to happen! Look at how much nonsense was made about Bond being blonde when DC was cast!
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Posts: 5,131
    Micheal Fassbender might make a good Bond. Elba has no chance, it's like casting Jude Law and Hugh Grant in Bad Boys 3 or Colin Firth as 'Shaft'.
  • Posts: 14,927
    Fassbender will be too old when the role is available again.
  • Posts: 12,511
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Micheal Fassbender might make a good Bond. Elba has no chance, it's like casting Jude Law and Hugh Grant in Bad Boys 3 or Colin Firth as 'Shaft'.

    Great observation! Agree completely but the casting you have made for said films? Genius! =D>
  • Elba is too old to be Bond now but he'd make a fantastic villain .
  • Posts: 14,927
    Elba is too old to be Bond now but he'd make a fantastic villain .

    He would have made an amazing Gallia. Now with his attitude I somehow doubt they'll want to cast him.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Posts: 1,727
    He has frequently been dismissed by some posters here, but having watched 'Rush' this weekend I am left wondering if a more mature (which he would be by the time DC quits) Chris Hemsworth might be a good bet after all.

    He has a swagger and screen presence that reminds me of a young Connery. And in say 5-6 years from now he will have had plenty more acting experience, plus grown out of his 'heartthrob' & Avengers phase.

    I don't understand the comments stating that he doesn't look right for Bond - DC was hardly a physical shoe-in for 007 before Casino Royale, and Hemsworth is not completely dissimilar with his square mug and ice-blue stare.
  • Posts: 709
    AceHole wrote: »
    He has frequently been dismissed by some posters here, but having watched 'Rush' this weekend I am left wondering if a more mature (which he would be by the time DC quits) Chris Hemsworth might be a good bet after all.

    I dunno. I know people always like to put forward Australian actors for Bond, but I get the feeling EON will not be going there ever again. Anyway I also get the feeling EON will not be looking at anyone who's previously played a lead in a big action/superhero franchise.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited March 2015 Posts: 1,727
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    AceHole wrote: »
    He has frequently been dismissed by some posters here, but having watched 'Rush' this weekend I am left wondering if a more mature (which he would be by the time DC quits) Chris Hemsworth might be a good bet after all.

    I dunno. I know people always like to put forward Australian actors for Bond, but I get the feeling EON will not be going there ever again. Anyway I also get the feeling EON will not be looking at anyone who's previously played a lead in a big action/superhero franchise.

    Probably not, no. But if there isn't the right British actor around & available for the part in 5 years time and the best man for the job happens to be an Auzzie then I don't think it should stand in the way of a good 007 casting.
    Lazenby's shortcoming as 007 were not related to his nationality, as far as I'm concerned, it had more to do with the public/EON's expectations & his ability purely as an actor (though let it be known that I do rate his OHMSS performance, nonetheless).
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited March 2015 Posts: 2,138
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Micheal Fassbender might make a good Bond. Elba has no chance, it's like casting Jude Law and Hugh Grant in Bad Boys 3 or Colin Firth as 'Shaft'.

    Great observation! Agree completely but the casting you have made for said films? Genius! =D>


    Say Fassbender took over from 2017. He would be 40. Dan was 38 when he did Casino. We are seeing a movie every 3 years for me although I would love to see Fassbender he is too old to consider casting.

    I think it will be someone from a background similar to Matt Smith, from English theartre who has done some TV drama work. Aiden Turner from Poldarks name is flying around. Young, Suave and talented. Also helps he has a young Brosnan/Dalton look about him.

    http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/28/the-hobbit-and-being-human-star-aidan-turner-joins-bbc-remake-of-poldark-4345450/

    http://www.ethical-hedonist.com/prepare-poldark-fever-aidan-turner-play-ross-poldark_6036.html

    Bookmakers also getting worried
    http://www.poldarked.com/2015/03/odds-shortening-on-aidan-turner-for.html
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Posts: 2,138
    From an interview carried out yesterday with Babs and Mike


    Q: What are your thoughts on Idris Elba as James Bond? Is that something we could still see happening?
    Wilson: I think he’d make a great Bond.

    Broccoli: I think it’s always like asking a woman who is going up the aisle who her next husband is going to be. Daniel Craig is Bond. So ask me when we’re looking for a new Bond, which will hopefully not be for a long time.

    Full interview here http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/features/424095-cs-interview-spectre-producers-barbara-broccoli-and-michael-g-wilson
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Posts: 45,489
    The comparison to a bride is a good one. Except Craig has not sworn to be Bond until death.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Posts: 5,131
    Fassbender is a good call. I always thought that Dominic Cooper was a good option...a good actor with the right look and English suaveness. At 5 ft/ 9.5 inches he's probably a tad too short though. I want Craig for at least 2 more films yet though.
Sign In or Register to comment.