The Bond Movies & Actors I Can't Stand (Negativity Only Please)

Comments

• pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    edited January 2015 Posts: 7,314
    Getafix wrote: »
    That's wonderful. For all of the complaining I read on here about Moore hitting on younger women in this film, here's one that really wanted it! It's not so much about age as it is chemistry. Moore had it with Fullerton but not with Tanya Roberts.
    One of the reasons Moore stayed is that women liked him.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    He was such a charmer, who wouldn't? Younger women sleep with older men all of the time. Granted, this is due to money, power and influence to social status amongst other reasons but let's not pretend that it doesn't happen.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I do agree Fullerton was a more appropriate leading lady. In fact if they
    Had have got Barbara Bach back ( it was offered to her) that would have
    Been a great finish. :)
  • DrGorner wrote: »
    I do agree Fullerton was a more appropriate leading lady. In fact if they
    Had have got Barbara Bach back ( it was offered to her) that would have
    Been a great finish. :)
    Roger Moore did not like Barbara Bach, he said that on the One Show.
    Must have missed that, Old Roger is usually not the sort to speak
    Badly of anyone. I wonder what she did on him? ;)
    Must have missed that, Old Roger is usually not the sort to speak
    Badly of anyone. I wonder what she did on him? ;)
    "I never had much time for her" says it at 1.08
    Don't get me wrong MartinAston I wasn't doubting you, but Either I've
    Forgotten ( I am at that age) ;) although I can't remember reading any
    Bad feelings towards her in his autobiography. Perhaps they were just
    Two people who didn't get on.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 238
    DrGorner wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong MartinAston I wasn't doubting you, but Either I've
    Forgotten ( I am at that age) ;) although I can't remember reading any
    Bad feelings towards her in his autobiography. Perhaps they were just
    Two people who didn't get on.
    Its ok, thought I would post it before all the hysterical calls of PROVE IT!! PROVE IT!! came in.
    I agree, maybe not bad feeling in the Lazenby/Rigg sense.
    Bizarre that they offered Bach a role in AVTAK. Was she to play XXX again or Stacy Sutton?

A shame she and Rog didnt get on. I guess she was a model and married (or soon to be married) to a Beatle, so had a high opinion of herself. I think Rog likes people who have a sense of humour and can laugh at themselves.
    I like to think I know a lot about Bond, But I still have much to learn.
    I haven't seen or read everything. :) So I'm always happy to learn
    Something new.
    I like to think I know a lot about Bond, But I still have much to learn.
    I haven't seen or read everything. :) So I'm always happy to learn
    Something new.

I am more than happy to use my unique position to help people learn new things. Its refreshing to see someone here with that sort of willingness :-)
    What is your 'unique position'? Sounds like something Bond would be interested in. ;)
    As far as I know she was to play "xxx" again.
  • Getafix wrote: »
    What is your 'unique position'? Sounds like something Bond would be interested in. ;)
    I probably shouldn't have mentioned that because I don't want people pestering me. All I can really say is that I have an "inside track" to the Bond franchise as well as special access to information that most people don't have.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    @MartinAston good for you :)... hope there is a solution to the Rome chase ..wink wink
    :)) I'm sure a donation to a " Heritage " fund will clear things up nicely. ;)
    pachazo wrote: »
    That's wonderful. For all of the complaining I read on here about Moore hitting on younger women in this film, here's one that really wanted it! It's not so much about age as it is chemistry. Moore had it with Fullerton but not with Tanya Roberts.

Yes, some of that stuff was shamefully embarrassing. And uncomfortable to watch. They were in their twenties and he was in his, what, sixties?
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    Worst movies : YOLT, TMWTGG, (NSNA), LTK, QoS
    Worst Bonds : George Lazenby, Daniel Craig
    Worst Bond perf : George Lazenby, Daniel Craig in QoS, Sean Connery in YOLT, DAF and NSNA, Roger Moore in AVTAK
    Worst Girls : Aki, Tiffany Case, Mary Goodnight, Octopussy, Stacy Sutton, Pam Bouvier, Dr Jones, Jinx, Camille, Severine
    Worst associates : Jack Wade, Saunders, Sharkey, Vijay
    Worst GB spin & shoot : Bob Simmons in first 3 films, Roger Moore, Daniel Craig
    Worst M : Robert Brown
    Worst Moneypenny : Bliss
    Worst line delivery : George Lazenby, Timothy Dalton in TLD, Daniel Craig
    Worst general look : Dalton in LTK, Craig in CR and Skyfall
    Worst villains : Emilio Largo, Stromberg, Kamal Khan, Whitaker & Koskov, Gustav Graves, Le Chiffre, Dominic Greene...

I just hate all those things

Hands down Dalton is the worst Bond. Worst film is a toss up between TLD and LTK then GE then DAF then TMWGG. Largo from.TB is pretty lame but hard to beat Whittaker. Biggest dummy wasn't the mannequin. Ironically the Russian general in the same film is quite entertaining.

Worst Moneypenny easily from NSNA although not official... honorable mention to SF. Agree with ya on worse hair lol. Moore's hair hardly got messed up though.

I probably shouldn't have mentioned that because I don't want people pestering me. All I can really say is that I have an "inside track" to the Bond franchise as well as special access to information that most people don't have.

Are you Daniel Craig's personal waxer?
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Hands down Dalton is the worst Bond. Worst film is a toss up between TLD and LTK then GE then DAF then TMWGG. Largo from.TB is pretty lame but hard to beat Whittaker. Biggest dummy wasn't the mannequin. Ironically the Russian general in the same film is quite entertaining.

Worst Moneypenny easily from NSNA although not official... honorable mention to SF. Agree with ya on worse hair lol. Moore's hair hardly got messed up though.

No way, Moore personally embarrassed the franchise for nearly two decades. He hates the FLeming interpretation of Bond and prefers the Benny Hill show ala Bond.
    I don't agree with Sir Roger's interpretation either but he kept Bond alive. Other size we would all be yapping bout Tom Cruise.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    I don't agree with Sir Roger's interpretation either but he kept Bond alive. Other size we would all be yapping bout Tom Cruise.

Well, you stated above that Dalton is the worst Bond, and I disagree. Dalton wanted to bring the Fleming back and be rid of the self parody.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Dalton was a great Bond. Absolutely freaking brilliant.......oops....sorry, wrong thread.
    :)) Dalton was Craig, before the world was ready.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited January 2015 Posts: 17,691
    bondjames wrote: »
    Dalton was a great Bond. Absolutely freaking brilliant.......oops....sorry, wrong thread.
    Don't make me flag you for positivity in a negativity only thread!
    [-X
    DrGorner wrote: »
    :)) Dalton was Craig, before the world was ready.

Except for the fighting. Not one memorable fight from the Dalton.
    I'm a Dalton fan, loved what he did as Bond, but I do agree . Dalton was
    Not good at the physical side of 007.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    What does it say about us as 'fans' that this thread has 539 comments in 11 days (average of 49 per day) and is still going strong but the positivity thread only has only managed 81 in 4 days (20.25 per day)?

Do we really prefer to slag things off 2.5 times more than we do to give praise about something we all, given we waste so much of our time here, presumably love?