The Bond Movies & Actors I Can't Stand (Negativity Only Please)

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Sark wrote: »
    Haha I know you're being facetious, but really. He's a 35 year old "rookie" who doesn't know not to talk with his mouth full of food.

He's continuing to try and impress Vesper with his thuggishness & contempt for rules/manners etc. He figures she'll fall for his bad boy charm at some point.

• SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Top qualiy posting @bondjames =))
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Top qualiy posting @bondjames =))

Ok, I tried. I'll stick with rookie Bond.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Craig looks like a refugee from The Full Monty.
    Brosnan looks like a Vidal Sassoon ad man.
    Moore looks like a clown (literally once).
    Connery looks like a coal mine worker.
    Lazenby looks like a horndog from dan ondah.
    Dalton looks like a Nazi spy posing as an actor.
    That Vesper thinks it's believable that she can text her boss/agency saying "back in one month" and get a month's leave. I don't know how things work in the UK, but that would approximately never fly in the US. Should have been a big red flag to Bond when she did that.
    That Vesper thinks it's believable that she can text her boss/agency saying "back in one month" and get a month's leave. I don't know how things work in the UK, but that would approximately never fly in the US. Should have been a big red flag to Bond when she did that.

That's because employees are afraid to take vacations in the U.S. It's been well documented that Europeans are happier, healthier, and get more vacation time than their American counterparts.
    So you can take month-long vacations from British government agencies with a text message?
    You'll criticize Bond's eating manners in a really good Bond movie but defend campy parody in awful Bond films?????
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Terrible one line alert.
    Skyfall, Scriptwriter Dr Seuss
    "I like you better without your berretta"

I loathe the exchange about Berretas and Walthers in SF. How can they know this? They can't see through each other's clothes. Classic P&W.

Almost as bad as Zukovsky recognizing recognizing Bond by knowing the sound of the hammer being pulled back (which is majorly dumb in itself) on a PPK. I'm fairly certain that's not possible.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It's called escapist fantasy. Suspend your disbelief a little bit. >:D<
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Murdock wrote: »

I agree. They idea that we pick through these silly, escapist fantasies and find fault in minor detail, it exasperates me.

I don't see how this is negative...
    :-?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I don't see how this is negative...
    :-?

I'm disagreeing to the opinion. Which could be considered negative. ;)
    I think some people go a little bit too far when it comes to nitpicking on here.

Although I too have pointed out the all too convenient safe-cracker in YOLT so who am I to have a go :p
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    Although I too have pointed out the all too convenient safe-cracker in YOLT so who am I to have a go :p
    I happen to have one of those in my pocket right now...
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 7,500
    There is nothing wrong with the act of nitpicking in itself. It can be a lot of fun for geeks like us. However it's daft to use it as a basis for general evaluation. It's just plain wrong! (See, Im being negative! ;) )
  • Sark wrote: »
    Almost as bad as Zukovsky recognizing recognizing Bond by knowing the sound of the hammer being pulled back (which is majorly dumb in itself) on a PPK. I'm fairly certain that's not possible.

Actually, I read that the KGB used to undergo exactly his sort of training , including how to identify the different keystrokes on typewriters. So it is actually well researched.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 7,500

Actually, I read that the KGB used to undergo exactly his sort of training , including how to identify the different keystrokes on typewriters. So it is actually well researched.

And -- provided that you actually can tell gun manufactuaries apart by listening to the sound of the hammer -- the fact that James Bond is the only (living) guy Zukovzky knows uses a Walther PPK, doesn't seem far fetched to you? ;)
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 238
    jobo wrote: »

And -- provided that you actually can tell gun manufactuaries apart by listening to the sound of the hammer -- the fact that James Bond is the only (living) guy Zukovzky knows uses a Walther PPK, doesn't seem far fetched to you? ;)

I suppose people are capable of all sorts of weird and wonderful things, I once knew someone who could recognise virtually any car just from the sound of its engine, no kidding.

Also Bond is the only agent that carries this gun, i think it is also mentioned by blofeld in yolt
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    jobo wrote: »

I guess he also heard him breathing through his nose.
    Zukovski was bee-essing; he smelled Bond's cologne. ;)
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    "I thought I smelled Pert."
    "Lucky me."
    Poor old AVTAK! It is pretty bad, but there are some amusing bits. Would have been nice if they'd addressed Rog's age directly - that is a major missed opportunity. NSNA handles that aspect better I think.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    If they switched Fiona with Tanya it would have been far better; not just the age, the chemistry (I liked Roger and Fiona together). Well, ditching Tanya would have helped a lot anyway.

I like some parts of AVTAK, but Roger's age is a major factor in so many ways.
    edited January 2015 Posts: 17,691
    Maybe I should watch that one again...
    Naww, it sucks.
    Getafix wrote: »

Thanks for that link. Real interesting. Raises one's Bond IQ.
    timmer wrote: »
    "It sucks that she wasn't the main Bond girl" would have been more appropriately negative. Just sayin'.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    timmer wrote: »
    "It sucks that she wasn't the main Bond girl" would have been more appropriately negative. Just sayin'.

Sure Rog agrees.