The Girls' Room

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited October 2013 Posts: 12,459
    April Dancer ~ Gabby Teller.
    Quite different. I think "Gabby" sounds pretty good.
    I must say so far, all of the cast look great.
  • retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    Sandy wrote:
    Is it strange that I think Hugh Grant is looking better and classier than the other 2?

I want to dislike Hugh and his grumpy cat/English curmudgeon mouth... but I can't. He has that je ne sais quoi. For reals. But I really want to dislike him too. So frowny. :P
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    663 posts and nobody has added the missing apostrophe to the thread title yet?

Shocking, positively shocking...

Sort it out, girls!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Tokoloshe wrote:

Sort it out, girls!

I always took it as meaning it was a room/thread of girls rather than meaning they were possessive of it.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Tokoloshe wrote:

Sort it out, girls!

I always took it as meaning it was a room/thread of girls rather than meaning they were possessive of it.

You are absolutely correct @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Let me just jump in for a moment to get rid of the 666 posts.

There we go. :-)
    edited October 2013 Posts: 4,012
    Creasy47 wrote:

:D I wonder if he really counted them.

EDIT: forget it, brain is still in a coma at this time of the morning 8-}
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Sandy wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

:D I wonder if he really counted them.

Haha, it says it in the 'All Discussions' listing. I refreshed the page, saw that, and thought "I have to do something about that."
    The new U.N.C.L.E. feature continues to brings back 60's style in big way.

[img][/img]SafariScreenSnapz031_zps04979bf4.png

Photo from laneyboggs2001
  • Hey girls (and guys)
    Just wanted to say that I'm not dead... I've been having major computer issues since fall and haven't been able to connect my computer to the internet. But it's back now, so hi again!
    I will have to peruse the rest of the threads to see what I've missed!
    Hi Jackdagger - nice to hear from you. Hopefully we look forward to an exciting year inn the preps for 24.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Hello again, @jackdagger. I sometimes wondered where you'd gone off to, but I'm happy to see that you are safe and sound. Welcome back! :)
    Hi @jackdagger, good to hear from you!
    edited January 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Good to hear from you, @jackdagger! I still think you have a great username. :)

Re: the apostrophe in the thread's title; I do think it is technically needed. Just my 2 cents on that. Even with the meaning stated, it is still possessive.

Onwards - I LOVE those photos! It so reminds me of my childhood, growing up in the 60's. I never wanted to look like Twiggy, mind you, but Jean Shrimpton and Patti Boyd - oh yes! My hair in jr high and college (and well, now...) looks like the woman on the right, except I have bangs (which is also classic 60's style; known, I think, as "fringe" in the UK). And the shades remind me of one of my all time favorites: the incomparable Audrey.

Ahem, ladies (and a few, highly selected gentlemen)! This thread has been quiet for too long. It is time to open the windows, let the sun shine in, dust the carpets, light some candles, and may the mayhem begin again at the Girls Room :-*
    Indeed, lets gather the troops. :D Apart from Sandy, Forever and, I believe, MayDay - who else is female?
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Nice to see the girls are back in town .
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Indeed, lets gather the troops. :D Apart from Sandy, Forever and, I believe, MayDay - who else is female?

:-S I don't think MayDay is a girl (no pun intended, I think I asked once).
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited December 2014 Posts: 5,080
    Alas, Mayday is just a personal favourite character from the Bond films! :D I can assure you, I have a Y chromosome!

In hindsight, I should have used "ZorinDiVicenzo" as my username instead!
    Apologies mayDay. So, who else? Don't tell, we are all alone here :(
    edited December 2014 Posts: 12,459
    I know, I already wrote to MayDay awhile ago saying ... but, I thought you were a girl (based on some post). Ha! Anyway, it's nice to gather together here again!

Okay, girls active on this forum are: Sandy, germanlady, me and ... er ... I am unsure. I mean, ones that are currently active (we lost RetroKitty a little over a year ago from this forum, for whatever reasons). Jackdagger, Artemis81, Esprit not around lately ... ah yes, @mirandafrost! She is still active. :)
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Yeah, but I am not sure. Hate to say it, just unsure. I think Suzanne is ... Delfloria ...
    @Tuulia are you around?
    Yeah, but I am not sure. Hate to say it, just unsure. I think Suzanne is ... Delfloria ...

@-) Really?
    No, exactly that: I am totally unsure. :(

Tuulia is with us, but in a different time zone. :)
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    you rang? ;) I noticed this thread earlier, I think the title has changed a little. So this is where the girls are. Hello everyone!
    Yay! I was not sure you were female. Great. :)
    Not that much profound goes on here, but we like having our own thread and cherish it from time to time.
    Nothing profound? :-/
  • Thought I'd join the chat.
    Yay! I was not sure you were female. Great. :)
    Not that much profound goes on here, but we like having our own thread and cherish it from time to time.

There is no thread more profound than this one :-B , even though we mostly talk the shallow bits in public.