The Girls' Room

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    It is kind of cool that the Vesper one is black, since one of the meanings of the word vesper is 'evening'/'night.'
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    And she sure has black nails in the film. Dragon lady; yikes!
    That is why her fear and vulnerability contrasted so nicely.
    Happy Easter Ladies and Gents!
    Ah yes, Happy Easter everyone! :)
    It is a multicultural event for me this year:

My Polish friend is coming over tomorrow a.m. (Easter Sunday), we are going to Japanese church Easter service (all in Japanese, which we do not speak), then enjoying some Polish goodies her mom mailed her - such as chocolate and Polish horseradish. I do hope she didn't mean we eat those together ... hmmm. Anyway, it should be lovely. The cherry blossoms are beginning to bloom and the weather is grand: sunny and cool. Although our Easter remembrance embraces all of that grim story, its final ending is pure joy and victory - therefore, I am glad to say Happy Easter indeed.

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Happy Easter everyone!

@4EverBonded I know all to well how it is to spend Easter away from home. I'm going to spend the weekend backing and cooking to make it a bit easier.

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I met someone called Vesper the other day, I didn't think there was anyone with that name in real life and wondered if she was named after the character (of the book, she was in her 40s).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sandy wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I met someone called Vesper the other day, I didn't think there was anyone with that name in real life and wondered if she was named after the character (of the book, she was in her 40s).

Superb! I love the name, and it is so fitting of her character: sophisticated and eloquent, yet dark and mysterious. My kind of dame. :\">
    This thread has been laying quiet for way too long. Just dropped by to say I will be a bit absent this week, might drop by now and then just to check things. I'm flying to Barcelona tomorrow and to give a talk (and enjoy the city, I deserve it). Wish me luck ;)
    edited May 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Oh, have a wonderful time, @Sandy! I am sure your talk will go very well. I hope the weather is grand and that you mean some nice people and enjoy some good wine and relaxing time. You do deserve it!

We do need to keep this thread alive, so thank you. I will be posting a bit less this week myself, but am still here. Will do more next weekend.

Cheers, everyone!
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Good evening lady's & gents it's good to see some activity on this thread I do look in from time to time and it's been a bit slow of late hope this will keep moving along.
    As you can see I am back from Barcelona. Although the weather was bad I had an amazing week. The internet at the hotel was a disgrace, I tried to come here a few times but the pages never loaded correctly. Now I see that a lot happened during my absence.

By the way, we should try to keep this thread alive ;)
    Yay! You are back, @Sandy! And yes, we need to keep this thread going for sure!
    I'm glad your week was so great. We did miss you on this site. One thing I hope you read is that Judi is gone. Champagne was flowing, I tell ya. And some Guinness. And a few shaken-not-stirred martinis. :-bd

Speaking of which, were you able to enjoy any of your surroundings? Or was it all hotel/conference room time? Sorry the weather was bad. Was anything there really different or surprising? I have never been to Spain. I remember watching and enjoying the Barcelona Olympics.
    Great to have you back, @Sandy! MI6 isn't the same without you. >:D<
    Hi girls and gents. Thanks for keeping this open. Brady said in another thread, its exciting times for fans or so, personally I find it frustrating.
    Other then that, I wish you all a good weekend.

@4EverBonded did I enjoy the surroundings B-) I had a day and a half on my own and managed to visit a lot of places and take a massive amount of photos. I wish I could have stayed longer, I missed the gothic quarter this time and only had time to focus on Modernisme works. I had been there about 12 or 13 years ago, a lot has changed since then. Barcelona is well worth a visit, that's all I can say.
    @Tuulia. The last, we heard from you was, that your mother was in poor health. So this is just a reminder, when you hopefully come back at some point, that you are not forgotten.
    =;
    This is my first time doing this. I...am not sure what the "true female" point of view is because I have been sheltered by my father and my brothers. I am able to do a lot of things they consider unlady-like. ROTC. Combat. Carpentry. I am weird and I hope that you can use my thread as fodder for commissions. Thank you.
    Well, this thread is for women to talk about many things, and Bond things. But we welcome the gentlemen's comments, too.

I'm unclear about what you mean about commissions, zehry. Anyway, I hope you enjoy participating in our forum.
    I think, she is female and yes, you sound weird.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Germanlady wrote:

What a welcome!
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 6,601
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

What a welcome!

Well, we haven't heard anything from her since then, which is always a sign of...shall we call it trollhood? Some back off right away, others are more consistant. If she is none, she is always welcome to proof that by posting.
    It was the part with thread as fodder etc...

I think, its sader, that no one said any sort of Hello to Tuulia after this post
    Germanlady July 19
    @Tuulia. The last, we heard from you was, that your mother was in poor health. So this is just a reminder, when you hopefully come back at some point, that you are not forgotten.
    Nice to see new comments here. I have thought of @Tuulia while I was on vacation, I hope everything is OK with her. It was nice of you @Germanlady to bring the question forward. I for one miss her very much.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited March 2016 Posts: 17,809
    Germanlady wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

What a welcome!

Well, we haven't heard anything from her since then, which is always a sign of...shall we call it trollhood? Some back off right away, others are more consistant. If she is none, she is always welcome to proof that by posting.
    It was the part with thread as fodder etc...

I think, its sader, that no one said any sort of Hello to Tuulia after this post
    Germanlady July 19

I agree - she seemed like a troll with an agenda. You were of course right to call her bluff @Germanlady.
    Bumping up this thread with something that might actually appeal more to boys ;)
    Makeup artist extraordinaire Lisa Eldridge directed a video for Love magazine staring Bond girl Gemma Arterton entitled Being Betty. This is the first of a series of 3 videos staring Arterton as 3 different Bettys. Enjoy!

edited August 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Thanks, @Sandy, for pulling our thread out again. :) And yes this looks like one for the boys! ;)

What Betty is this one? I am trying to remember her name: Page, I think. Betty Page - is that right? Anyone know?

Gemma looks splendid. I personally think she looks better as a redhead or with lighter hair. Still in fine shape obviously.

AND, I am trying to think of other Betty's. So I will guess at two more: Betty Boop (that would look funny) and Betty Grable (classic WWII pinup, glamorous). I doubt if Gemma is going to try to be Bette Davis, but who knows? Well, Sandy may know ...
    Yes, it's Betty Page @4EverBonded. The other two will be Betty Blue and Betty Ford. The cat is also called Betty. Perhaps I should post the video at the Youtube thread for the boys' sake ;)
    Good heavens - I would never have guessed Betty Ford. Ummmm. Gemma dressed and made up as Betty Ford. Why ...? And I don't know a Betty Blue.
    Interesting, though. Gemma is lovely. I haven't seen her in anything else, but I'd like to.

And thanks for restarting our Girls Room thread, @Sandy. :-bd
    What's your take on Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer being Solo and Illya in the new "Man from U.N.C.L.E." feature?
    I am pretty neutral feeling about Cavill - hope this is a good role for him. I really do not know his work; his looks are fine.
    Armie Hammer looks like he could be a good Illya. I grew up watching UNCLE and had a huge crush on Illya then. I was happy McCallum was able to play on NICS all these years later. So yes, I am excited about the show! Even if I cannot easily see it here.
    Gemma looks ravishing with black hair. Infinitely more appealing to these eyes.
    Thanks 4EverBonded for your feedback. Anyone else? How about: How many of you have never even heard of U.N.C.L.E. before this?