SPECTRE Bonds girls; Seydoux, Bellucci, Sigman, plus rumoured

Comments

Sandy wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Shame about the gap tooth though but I suppose such an imperfection is classic Flemingesque villainy.

I correct you, imperfection is classic Flemisgesque Bond girl.

Absolutely.

And that gap can come in handy.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 267
    I wouldn't call it an imperfection.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I think the slight gap tooth really is charming and is part of her unique look. Quite happy she does not fit the current "model" look that is flooded everywhere (even though there is a slight Kate Moss resemblance, I much prefer Lea's own looks).
    I'm hoping people answer this cause I'm interested to hear what kind of character they would want Lea if she:

1. did turn out to be a villainous femme fatale ala Fiona Volpe in Bond 24?
    2. turned out to be a "good" femme fatale ala Severine in Bond 24?

Also, what kind of personality traits do you want her to have? What scenes would you like to see happen?
    I think the slight gap tooth really is charming and is part of her unique look. Quite happy she does not fit the current "model" look that is flooded everywhere (even though there is a slight Kate Moss resemblance, I much prefer Lea's own looks).

Exactly. We need a real beauty for a Bond girl, not a manufactured one.
    AdaShelby wrote: »
    I'm hoping people answer this cause I'm interested to hear what kind of character they would want Lea if she:

1. did turn out to be a villainous femme fatale ala Fiona Volpe in Bond 24?
    2. turned out to be a "good" femme fatale ala Severine in Bond 24?

I'd rather see the latter. Or, if a villainess, more like Miss Taro, a honey trap set to lure Bond.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I'd prefer her as an ally, not a villain. Either is okay; just get us a great script. :)
    I'd like her as a villainous femme fatale Fiona Volpe type character. A very bad, cold bond girl. If there does end up only being one Bond girl in the film, i'd like her to be a bad girl comes good at the end (Pussy Galore) sort of style. I want Bond to actually end up with the girl alive at the end of the film this time for a romantic ending.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited November 2014 Posts: 11,139
    I want a bad girl through and through; Volpe style. None of this redemption stuff.
  • doubleoego wrote: »
    I want a bad girl through and through; Volpe style. None of this redemption stuff.

She looks very Volpe-esque in this photo.

Lea%20Seydoux%2016-2-2014%20395x600.jpg

Indeed she does and I love it.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    In France, the gap between the front teeth is known as 'dents du bonheur' - teeth of happiness. I think it's cute, not everyone likes the fake pearl white veneer look.

I am pretty certain that Léa will be playing a villain in her upcoming English language film, The Lobster. A lot of people have said she looks like a villain so I hope she does not get typecast in her future English language roles. She's not typecast in her French roles - from blue haired art student, princess then chambermaid to name but a few. I really do not mind what type of role she plays as long as she has some great scenes.

It may be the modelling look she has when she is on the red carpet or whilst doing photo shoots like the one below, is she really that menacing? :) and will she give off a villain vibe during the photo call?

bM1c3bh.gif
    @leas_mole Are you mainly a fan of Lea who happened to join this site after she was first rumored for Bond 24? If so, do you know what her fans generally think of her joining Bond 24?
  • I obviously haven't read all the reports on Lea's casting but nearly all the ones I have read have referred to Lea as a villain in Bond 24. (Don't worry I'm not saying that means she is going to be, I'm just doing some research)
    @leas_mole Are you mainly a fan of Lea who happened to join this site after she was first rumored for Bond 24? If so, do you know what her fans generally think of her joining Bond 24?
    I was lurking about when the rumours started but yes, I originally joined to post that Léa denied her involvement in an interview with the Edit magazine- so not a good mole after all =))

From what I have read of Léa's forum it's mainly positive. But of course there are some negative comments, that Léa is above playing Bond girl and that she would probably be killed off quickly and that the Bond films are sexist. Léa is known for playing dramatic roles 'a serious actor'. I do not think she has done comedy. MI:GP was her first action role. Personally I think it is a great opportunity for her and I hope her character does not have a swift ending.
    AdaShelby wrote: »
    I obviously haven't read all the reports on Lea's casting but nearly all the ones I have read have referred to Lea as a villain in Bond 24. (Don't worry I'm not saying that means she is going to be, I'm just doing some research)
    I think it is because she has been cast as the femme fatale. But I have seen the word villain on many articles too. I guess she looks like a bad girl after all but in real life she's the very much the opposite and shy.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,619
    leas_mole wrote: »
    But of course there are some negative comments, that Léa is above playing Bond girl and that she would probably be killed off quickly and that the Bond films are sexist. Léa is known for playing dramatic roles 'a serious actor'.

I would tell them to think of this movie as a Sam Mendes film that happens to feature James Bond. :) I can not think of an upcoming big budget film more prestigious than Bond 24. This ain't no Marvel superhero movie or Transformers 5. ;) Another quick question: how famous is she in France? Is she one of the most famous actresses right now there?
    But of course there are some negative comments, that Léa is above playing Bond girl and that she would probably be killed off quickly and that the Bond films are sexist. Léa is known for playing dramatic roles 'a serious actor'.

I would tell them to think of this movie as a Sam Mendes film that happens to feature James Bond. :) I can not think of an upcoming big budget film more prestigious than Bond 24. This ain't no Marvel superhero movie or Transformers 5. ;) Another quick question: how famous is she in France? Is she one of the most famous actresses right now there?

Thank god. I really don't like the superhero movies at the moment, apart from Guardians of the Galaxy and I've never liked Transformers. Bond all the way.

Probably best to ask a French person that question :) I am actually from the UK. But yes, I think she is quite famous in France especially after winning the Palme d'Or. But the French do not seem to like their actresses for some reason. Léa often gets accused of nepotism because her family has links to movie business but more the production and cinema chain side, i.e. Pathé and Gaumont. No one hardly mentions that her dad set up and is CEO of Parrot and invented the AR Drone. His company also manufacture the high end Zik headphones. Melanie Laurent and Marion Cotillard get their fair share of stick too though, I guess they do not like success in France.

However I do know that she is insanely popular in the Far East and I read somewhere that it was because of MI:GP. The fans there are very loyal and will faithfully follow your career.
    Lea us definitely well known in France. I have quite a few friends from France and they can attest to knowing who she is and they're not even ardent fans of her so yeah, I'd say she's definitely a notable figure.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 2,015
    But the French do not seem to like their actresses for some reason.

Don't overanalyze :)...

It's just that here, as I suspect anywhere else, the more popular actors and actresses are rather 40-50 yo, and well, men are more popular than women.

They are loved IMO more because of their carreer more for what they do now (there are exceptions obviously though, in particular you can be young and popular if you have comedy hits...).

Sophie Marceau is still the most popular movie actress in France, and yet her last movie (with also very popular actor Patrick Bruel), did "only" 500.000 people here. A "flop", for sure. While Lea Seydoux just did 1M and 2M with Adele and The Beast.

But Sophie Marceau's movie will surely be a hit when shown on TV in one or two years. Being popular for TV audiences is very important for French movies here, these are "our blockbusters" (many comedies then), which gives money to do some auteur movies.

I'd say Lea Seydoux is not as popular as you think she should be, because she has yet to star in a comedy, or in a very popular drama, but not in the auteur category. Just think 'a movie made for TV viewers', and that's not the same as for moviegoers. Actually, I don't think I've ever heard about her being in a popular TV show. The Canal Plus TV show you put a video of once (where she "dances") is quite a snob TV show, in some sense.

So she's more popular in Paris' cultural circles than in overall France, IMO. Yes, I'd say she's not really popular in overall France yet. Bond 24 may change a lot that.

And in Paris' cultural circles, yes, I guess at the beginning at least she had the problem of being associated with nepotism (her grand-father is a billionnaire who, if I use a caricature, can decide to produce any movie he wants, he'll find people to do the artistic side of it, he's that powerful in the industry).

Bond related anecdote : her grand-father, Jerome Seydoux, entered the movie industry by buying Pathe, a company owned by Italian sulfurous businessman Paretti. The very same guy who almost killed MGM and was then responsible for the big LTK-GE gap. Small world, isn't it ?

Here is a 2014 list I found of the most popular actors and actresses, taken from a larger list of every kind of personality : I put an * for women.

Omar Sy (2e)
    Dany Boon (3e)
    Jean Reno (6e)
    Sophie Marceau (8e) *
    Gad Elmaleh (9e)
    Jean-Paul Belmondo (11e)
    Jean Dujardin (14e)
    Jean Rochefort (16e)
    Gérard Jugnot (18e)
    Patrick Bruel (20e)
    Fabrice Luchini (23e)
    Jamel Debbouze (25e)
    Franck Dubosc (26e)
    Josiane Balasko (33e) *
    Vanessa Paradis (34e) *
    Marion Cotillard (37e) *

and an older poll (2005, I could not find a later one !) about only actresses :

1 Sophie Marceau
    2 Isabelle Huppert
    3 Catherine Frot
    4 Nathalie Baye
    5 Audrey Tautou
    6 Juliette Binoche
    7 Josiane Balasko
    8 Marion Cotillard
    9 Emmanuelle Béart
    10 Catherine Deneuve
    11 Valérie Lemercier
    12 Isabelle Carré
    13 Carole Bouquet
    14 Fanny Ardant
    15 Karin Viard
    16 Mathilde Seigner
    17 Charlotte Gainsbourg
    18 Isabelle Adjani

Only a few were less than 30yo...
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    bM1c3bh.gif

Thanks to you, @leas_mole, I find it hard to get her off my mind, now. But thank you for it. :D
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,622
    I first took notice of la Seydoux in Farewell My Queen(2012). Basically I'll watch anything that Diane Kruger is in, but I came away taken by Seydoux.
    I'd seen her previously in Mi4, but I didn't come away with the name. I remembered the part but not the name.
    But with Farewell My Queen, Seydoux was suddenly on my must-watch actress list. It's a great little period drama. So when Seydoux was suddenly touted for Bond, I was quite happy, as I felt I had already discovered her, unlike the previous two leads, Kurylenko and Marlohe, neither of whom I'd heard of, until they were announced.

Farewell%2C_My_Queen_film_poster.jpg

I do believe Seydoux, assuming she is lead Bond girl, is 4th straight French actress to secure that coveted role, following Eva Green, Olga and Berenice.
    Am I right? Green and Kurylenko, IIRC, both made their names in France.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited November 2014 Posts: 2,629
    Olga Kurylenko is from the Ukraine.

I'm looking forward to seeing Waltz and Seydoux work together again. They worked well together in that restaurant scene in Inglorious Basterds.
    Kerim wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to seeing Waltz and Seydoux work together again. They worked well together in that restaurant scene in Inglorious Basterds.

That was Mélanie Laurent. Waltz and Seydoux can be seen together only in this scene if I remember correctly: http://theredlist.com/media/database/muses/icon/cinematic_women/2010/lea-seydoux/004-lea-seydoux-theredlist.jpg
    @ClarkDevlin you are very welcome! How about this photo shoot with her co-star Adèle?
    img-lea-and-adele-6_120434570030.jpg

@timmer - did you know that Eva Green was originally cast as Marie Antoinette in Farewell My Queen but was then replaced by Diane Kruger. The gondolier is the director's son. A new still was recently released of Diary of a Chambermaid with the same director as FMQ, Benoit Jacquot

Also another Bond connection - Berenice Marlohe was in the Funny or Die's spoof of Blue of the Warmest Colour. But she played Adèle but still wore colourful wigs in it.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    @ClarkDevlin you are very welcome! How about this photo shoot with her co-star Adèle?
    img-lea-and-adele-6_120434570030.jpg
    spoof of Blue of the Warmest Colour. But she played Adèle but still wore colourful wigs in it.
    That is the very same reaction of mine to that, @leas_mole! :D
    latest?cb=20121009160923
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,622
    @leasmole no I didn't know about Green. I am glad they cast Kruger though. I wouldn't have checked out the film otherwise.
    @kerim Olga is Ukrainian born, but she is classified as French actress. She launched her career in Paris at age 16. She is fluent in French, and of the French modeling and cinema scene. I just doublechecked that.
    Eva Green is of course born and bred French.

So if Seydoux is lead girl in B24, that makes not only 4 straight French leads, but also 5 of the the last 6 when you inlcude Marceau in TWINE.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe

I think it is safe to say it's a false rumour. Nothing against Hilary Swank (though I don't think she's Bond girl material) simply can't trust the "source" (K-drama?).
    Sandy wrote: »

I think it is safe to say it's a false rumour. Nothing against Hilary Swank (though I don't think she's Bond girl material) simply can't trust the "source" (K-drama?).

The original article: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/hilary-swank-interview-could-she-become-the-oldest-bond-girl-9861817.html

Their source is the internet... :) Probably false.