SPECTRE Bonds girls; Seydoux, Bellucci, Sigman, plus rumoured

Comments

Getafix wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    I dunno, for me, there is something odd about her, that I can't quite place. Not that I totally dislike her, I just... :-?

I don't think she's a particularly good actress, although if that were a key criteria, you'd have to dismiss half of the actresses in the history of Bond.

I think part of the problem is that the relationship between Bond and MP is being reimagined and it's difficult to understand just what is going on between them. I actually found the shaving scene a little bit odd. May be she's just too good looking for MP.

I think she is a good actress, but I find her too sexy for Moneypenny. I loved the shaving scene, but then I didn't know she was Moneypenny. After she seemed to resist Bond's advances, I started suspecting the rumours were true.
    She might make a good receptionist Bond-girl. Like the airline girl that misdirects Mi6 in QoS, when Bond's credit card is declined.
    She's not in the same league as gift-bag girl from QoS and certainly not Ocean Club Receptionist (Christina Cole) from CR.

Definite MP potential though.
    Oh I wish something had happened between the receptionist in CR and Bond. Between the receptionist in Haiti in QoS too. Although both would have been gratuitous I guess.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Ludovico wrote:
    Oh I wish something had happened between the receptionist in CR and Bond. Between the receptionist in Haiti in QoS too. Although both would have been gratuitous I guess.

I wish something had happened between those two receptionists. Forget Bond.
    That's a spinoff idea.
    The CR one was gorgeous, QOS not so much.
    I found her quite pretty. Worthy enough of a stroll in the hay.
    I love it that they still say "THIS time we want a woman who will be a match for 007".
    Good God, they've been saying that since Goldfinger :)
    Gunbarrel wrote:
    I love it that they still say "THIS time we want a woman who will be a match for 007".

As far as I'm concerned, Rosa Klebb, although not a Bond girl, was a match for Bond. Heck, if you look at Bond girls, Silvia Trench was a match for Bond: she bleeding broke into his flat!
    Ludovico wrote:
    That's a spinoff idea.

Well, that's one way of putting it.

;)
    Ludovico wrote:
    Gunbarrel wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, Rosa Klebb, although not a Bond girl, was a match for Bond. Heck, if you look at Bond girls, Silvia Trench was a match for Bond: she bleeding broke into his flat!

Sorry, but that won't feed the feminista bulldog. Not only must the Bond woman be tough as nails, as resourceful as a beaver, and smart as a whip, she must look like a Victoria's Secret model.

Ludovico wrote:
    Gunbarrel wrote:

Sorry, but that won't feed the feminista bulldog. Not only must the Bond woman be tough as nails, as resourceful as a beaver, and smart as a whip, she must look like a Victoria's Secret model.

I meant as an adversary, i.e. "has Bond met his match"? If they mean a Bond girl, then of course I would say Silvia Trench, who may be the only Bond girl who actively seduced Bond (instead of the other way round). She even broke into his flat (which makes me wonder why some people moaned so much about Bond doing the same in CR and SF). Sure, she was no match as a spy, but she was not meant to be a spy. As a lover, she certainly was up there with the best.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 2,598
    Germanlady wrote:
    Sorry, but she seems the least attrative of all we have seen so far. I don't even find her pretty.

I agree. I don't find her attractive. Very average.

@Timmer

Yes, certainly the most interesting of the Bond girls are the vulnerable ones - "birds with a wing down". In terms of contemporary Bond lovelies, Severine was interesting and relatively intriguing and it was a shame that she was underused. I strongly suspect it will be exactly the same thing for this Swedish character in Bond 24. Greater character movement in Bond films is something I've been hanging out for for eons but they are very much action oriented. Still, it's good to see they've gone to a little more effort in terms of the former with the Craig films.

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Germanlady wrote:
    The CR one was gorgeous
    I agree. In fact, I'd go as far as to say the Ocean Club receptionist is the most attractive woman I've seen in a Bond film since Natalya. Hopefully these Scandinavian Bond girl rumours are true, so we can see a return of the blonde beauties. I don't think Joanne Froggatt is Bond girl material, but I can definitely see her in a smaller role.
    QBranch wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    The CR one was gorgeous
    I agree. In fact, I'd go as far as to say the Ocean Club receptionist is the most attractive woman I've seen in a Bond film since Natalya. Hopefully these Scandinavian Bond girl rumours are true, so we can see a return of the blonde beauties. I don't think Joanne Froggatt is Bond girl material, but I can definitely see her in a smaller role.

Agree with the Major here. It has been more than two decades now without a proper Blond girl.
    QBranch wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    The CR one was gorgeous

Agree with the Major here. It has been more than two decades now without a proper Blond girl.

Hmmm. I wonder if that's by accident?

I think it is partially circumstantial. But blonde is not the hair colour it used to be. In the 50s and 60s, it was the epitome of beauty, sexiness, femme fatality, what have you. It meant something. Now it is associated with stupidity.
    Ludovico wrote:
    I think it is partially circumstantial. But blonde is not the hair colour it used to be. In the 50s and 60s, it was the epitome of beauty, sexiness, femme fatality, what have you. It meant something. Now it is associated with stupidity.

I am dark blond. How stupid am I?
    Ludovico wrote:

I am dark blond. How stupid am I?

No comment. ;-)
    Sigh, that is hairism. A topic for the hair thread.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I agree- it's hairesy.
    Never mind. He'll be hair today, gone tomorrow.
    Hair there, everywhere.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 4,622
    32 year-old Isabel Edvardsson from Mi6 home page

According to several news outlets in Germany, a Swedish professional dancer is being considered for a part in Bond 24. Back in 2010, when Isabel Edvardsson found fame as a jury member of the TV show 'Let's Dance' in Germany, she posed for the country's edition of Playboy. Four years on, it is reported that a member of the Bond 24 production team came across her recently in that very issue and she is now under consideration for the minor 'Scandinavian' Bond girl role for the film.
    32 year-old Isabel Edvardsson has already had a brush with Bond, having been a special guest at the Berlin premiere of 'Skyfall'. She has two acting credits on the German telenovelas 'Verbotene Liebe' and 'Wege zum Glück'.

Scandinavian actresses who are known to have screentested for Bond 24 include: Synnove Macody Lund, Birgitte Hjort Sorensen, Ingrid Bolso Berdal, Disa Östrand, and Ida Engvoll.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-24-report-20140729-isabel-edvardsson-bond-girl?t=&s=&id=03718
    isabel-edvardsson1.jpg

Master List updated
    1. Penelope Cruz (40) Perez Hilton
    2. Lola Ponce(34) , Argentine, singer, actress, model, Source allvoices.com,
    3. Ida Engvoll (28), Swedish actress, Aftonbladet
    4. Disa Östrand (27), Swedish actresses, Aftonbladet
    5. Synnove Macody Lund, 38 year old Norwegian. Norwegian Press
    6. Birgitte Hjort Sorensen, 32 year-old Danish actress. Agent Anne Lindberg
    7. Ingrid Bolso Berdal, 34 year-old Norwegian actress. Agent Anne Lindberg
    8. Blake Lively (26) Green Lantern, Gossip Girl, source Gossip Girl
    9. Amber Heard (28) American, recent films, 3 Days To Kill and Machete Kills, source Gossip Girl
    10. Joanne Froggatt (33) Downton Abbey cast member, source Daily Star
    11. Isabel Edvardsson (32), Swedish dancer-actress source German news outlets
  • I don't know if anyone else has said this before, but don't you reckon there could be a possibility of Penelope Cruz playing the Bond Villain? A female villain would fit in with the modern direction the series is taking (and it's also rarely been done before), and while Bond girls are usually played by obscure actresses, the villain is often played by a more high-profile and critically acclaimed actor. Apart from that, I think it's pretty safe to say that the next Bond girl will be Scandinavian. There's been so much buzz from credible places that it's gonna be some blonde bombshell.
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 4,622
    I think whats established with B24, is the lead Bond girl will be British. The only rumoured name we seem to have though is Joanne Froggatt at this point. The secondary Bond girl though is beleived to be Scandinavian, hence all these Swedes and Danes etc, who are said to have auditioned.

A lead villain Bond girl would not be out of the question. There have been no shortage of gorgeous femme fatales in the series, some with very strong roles, but only one lead villain femme, that being Sophie Marceau as Elektra King in TWINE.

Who knows?
    Note to fellow Bond girl devotees; I see that Tonia Sotiropolou, "Bond's lover" in SF -the girl that he has the no speak, lie around in bed with beer bottle product placement "relationship" with, has turned up in the new Hercules film. She's buried way deep in the credits but she's there. Maybe she speaks this time.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Cruz keeps coming up as a possible Bond girl, since Bond 23 (or earlier even, maybe). There is nothing to suggest this may happen, although she is still mentioned in many places on the internet. I do not expect Penelope to be a Bond girl in Bond 24. We have a main British Bond girl and a secondary one that looks Scandinavian.
    As for Penelope being a main Bond villain, I cannot see that happening either. A main female villain, yes; but I simply cannot picture her in that role. An older female I can see being more feasible - and as I've mentioned before, I'd loved Helen Mirren to play that role. But I do not have a clue as to whether the villain for Bond 24 will be female or male. I think the role will be different from Skyfall's villain, that's about it.

Joanne Froggatt being up for an Emmy may boost her chances. But I feel sure Mendes and company have a clear idea who they want for the British Bond girl role. And indeed, as someone else mentioned, since we seem to have zero clues about her perhaps she has already accepted the role and is just being quiet as EON prefers at the moment. Then we shall just find out when the cast is officially announced. Or if her agent wants her to have early publicity on it, he or she can find a way to leak the info earlier.

I cannot think of any British actress that seems likely, but that is harder for me living far from Britain. I don't care for Natalie Dormer, so I hope it is not her. I sort of like Billie Piper in some things, but Bond? Not really. And I am thinking she will not be blonde if the secondary Scandinavian actress is blonde - but surely that is not a definite. I just hope they put a very good actress in the role. Preferably someone strikingly attractive or beautiful. I personally really like Keely Hawes, but I cannot picture her in a Bond film.

Rebecca Hall would be out because I really do not think EON would want (and perhaps not Mendes either) having Mendes' real life partner be the main Bond girl. I know he directed Kate before, but still ... and same goes for the lovely and talented Rachel Weisz. I'd love Kate or Rachel to be in a Bond film but I think that will not happen, maybe not this next one or maybe ever.

My personal favorite for the main Bond girl would be Jennifer Connelly, but she is American. Married to a Brit. Maybe she could play a Brit? :) I like her being closer in age to Craig, she is a very good actress, and is really beautiful.

Okay, well, my speculation today (since this is the rumours thread) is: Emily Blunt.
    For no particular reason other than I really cannot think of a British actress for the main Bond girl, one who is a decent actress. I admit I'm currently stumped. I'd like for people who really know the British actresses to chime in again. Who would Mendes and EON go after, as a good actress, for this main role?

• zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Who would Mendes and EON go after, as a good actress, for this main role?
    The answer is right before you, Joanne Froggatt, of course! I would be delighted if it was her. She is not only a decent actress, but an excellent one. Some may argue about her looks not being right up there with the classical Bond girls, but to be honest, "bombshell qualities" are no guarantee for a Bond fan's happiness (see Halle Berry, Denise Richards). For eye candy, I think we have the role played by the Scandinavian actress. Besides, Froggatt is a star (and most people's favorite character in Downton Abbey) and will pull a part of the audience into a Bond film that otherwise may not have wanted to see one.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited August 2014 Posts: 11,139
    EoN need to hire a beautiful and stunning looking woman who can also act. I don't care if she's natively British or not, as long as she looks the part and can pull off the desired British accent it's perfectly fine by me. After all, a beautiful French Woman was cast to play Vesper.

On another note, Karen Gillian who starred in the horror film, oculus, played the villainous assasin Nebula in Guardians of the Galaxy and also started in Dr.Who wants to play a Bond villain. She's 26 btw.
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 4,622
    I'm still holding out for Amber Heard!
    She can play brunette with wet hair too. Very versatile!

Amber-heard-pic.jpg