SPECTRE Bonds girls; Seydoux, Bellucci, Sigman, plus rumoured

Comments

Some people seem easily pleased ;) But I am sure, they will do better then that.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Germanlady wrote:
    Sorry, but she seems the least attrative of all we have seen so far. I don't even find her pretty.

I'm with you there, GL. I don't find her attractive in the slightest, unfortunately.
    Germanlady wrote:
    Some people seem easily pleased ;) But I am sure, they will do better then that.

I didn't say she was Bond girl material. A bit too common looking, on these pics at least.
    Its a fact, that even as a woman I find, pleasure in watching a beautiful women. Like with a man, its important, that she has the certain something, otherwise its just another pretty face. At least, there should be something interesting in the face. ..and no, Ludovico, its true, you didn't say she is Bond girl material.
    Joanna Froggett from Downton Abbey. She's a very good actress and she really brings it on Downton Abbey. In the looks department, she's average.
    Jessica Brown Finlay, a Downton Abbey alum would make a good Bond girl. She's a good actress and very pretty.
    I would think, there are enough very good actresses out there, who bring it on in the looks department, too. Average shouldn't be an attribute a Bond girl should ever have. Although we have had that before
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    Sorry, but she seems the least attrative of all we have seen so far. I don't even find her pretty.

I'm with you there, GL. I don't find her attractive in the slightest, unfortunately.

I would like to mention that I concur in the opinion that she has not many visual positive aspects. She might have a nice character. ;)
    Ludovico wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

Well, she is pretty, but she looks a bit anorexic.

She's very pretty, but looks rather sweet and innocent, unlike most Bond vixens. The above comparison to Kara Milovy seems apt.
    M_Balje wrote:

Have to say that i would tend to give this possible rumour more credit than previous entries? The reason being that (1) yes she is a very good actress, (2) Looks are not everything especially when it comes to the drama in a Bond leading lady, and (3) she was in Downton which as i understand it is very big in the USA. We know how B/O success allegedly depends on how the movie goes down in America so she would be known to the American public?!
    Ludovico wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

She's very pretty, but looks rather sweet and innocent, unlike most Bond vixens. The above comparison to Kara Milovy seems apt.

I don't really see her as Bond girl material though. I am not against innocent Bond girls, but this one does not look... There is something lacking. Too banal?
    Ludovico wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

I don't really see her as Bond girl material though. I am not against innocent Bond girls, but this one does not look... There is something lacking. Too banal?

She does have the girl-next-door look. Now that I think about it, she might make a cracking good Moneypenny, but alas...

Yes, this one is MP material for sure. I am one of those, who still not see Naomi as MP.
    I like Naomi, but I find her too sexy for Moneypenny. The shaving scene in SF was one of the best scenes with a Bond girl in years. Almost too good for a relationship that is going to be platonic.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 6,601
    I dunno, for me, there is something odd about her, that I can't quite place. Not that I totally dislike her, I just... :-?
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I don't think the pictures that we have here do her justice she is quite slim but not what I would call painfully thin I had the opportunity to talk to her at an Aston Martin event last year and found her to be quite charming actually a good sense of humor and a great laugh the one thing I remember is that she has long arms for a woman of her height I did not realise at first who she was and then Mrs Coggins who of course was with me told me that she was in Downton
    Joanne Froggatt would have made a decent Moneypenny. I don't think she's main Bond girl material. She's a good actress though, and there's no reason she can't play another significant female character. I imagine Mendes sees a role for women in Bond other than as mother/eye candy roles.
    But its part of the deal, that the female characters in Bond are supposed to be beautiful - unless they are old like Rosa Klebb. I don't see, where the problen is to get both - gorgeous and a good actress. They managed so far. ;)
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 11,425
    She is not obviously beautiful but I think there's something quite attractive about her on screen. You have to watch her on screen to understand I think.

I'd say the same about the journalist (Birgitte Hjort Sørensen) in Borgen. She is not particularly good looking, but has something about her. Attractiveness on screen is not necessarily a direct corollary of looks.

Honor Blackman in Goldfinger does not have the conventional good looks of a Bond girl, but she's widely regarded as one of the best. I think you can say the same of Diana Rigg. Although I admit, both of them are probably better looking than Joanne Froggatt.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 14,797
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    I don't think the pictures that we have here do her justice she is quite slim but not what I would call painfully thin I had the opportunity to talk to her at an Aston Martin event last year and found her to be quite charming actually a good sense of humor and a great laugh the one thing I remember is that she has long arms for a woman of her height I did not realise at first who she was and then Mrs Coggins who of course was with me told me that she was in Downton

Maybe that's the only reason why she's being rumored, the Aston Martin events. Just a thought.
    Germanlady wrote:
    I dunno, for me, there is something odd about her, that I can't quite place. Not that I totally dislike her, I just... :-?

I don't think she's a particularly good actress, although if that were a key criteria, you'd have to dismiss half of the actresses in the history of Bond.

I think part of the problem is that the relationship between Bond and MP is being reimagined and it's difficult to understand just what is going on between them. I actually found the shaving scene a little bit odd. May be she's just too good looking for MP.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I've met Joanne Froggatt - actually sat across a desk from her and interviewed her for certain business reasons. It was over 10 years ago, and she was lovely and very attractive. This is years before Downton but she had been in Coronation Street at the time.

So, I'm 100% behind her becoming a Bond girl.

Team Froggatt starts now :x
    NicNac wrote:
    I've met Joanne Froggatt - actually sat across a desk from her and interviewed her for certain business reasons. It was over 10 years ago, and she was lovely and very attractive. This is years before Downton but she had been in Coronation Street at the time.

So, I'm 100% behind her becoming a Bond girl.

Team Froggatt starts now :x

It does seem like unlikely casting in a Bond movie, but I think she has the acting chops to carry off the big screen. Come on Joanne!
    This is a bit harsh, but she does currently look a bit like a soap actress. I think though with a good stylist she could easily look the part.
    JTD1ZKg.jpg
    PgYbiUi.jpg
    mvTmkdH.jpg
    She is gorgeous, but i guess to sweet for the average Bond girl? Anyway she is a very good actress and can play the damsel in distress almost perfectly, maybe the other Bond girl would be the hot and sexy one and she is the sweet innocent one. I would love it.
    Getafix wrote:
    She is not obviously beautiful but I think there's something quite attractive about her on screen. You have to watch her on screen to understand I think.

I'd say the same about the journalist (Birgitte Hjort Sørensen) in Borgen. She is not particularly good looking, but has something about her. Attractiveness on screen is not necessarily a direct corollary of looks.

Honor Blackman in Goldfinger does not have the conventional good looks of a Bond girl, but she's widely regarded as one of the best. I think you can say the same of Diana Rigg. Although I admit, both of them are probably better looking than Joanne Froggatt.

True, screen presence can make up for a lot, but its the nose, that kills it for me and that very bland whole package. But if she gets the role, good for her.
    halfpint wrote:
    She is gorgeous, but i guess to sweet for the average Bond girl? Anyway she is a very good actress and can play the damsel in distress almost perfectly, maybe the other Bond girl would be the hot and sexy one and she is the sweet innocent one. I would love it.

But the sweet and innocent end up surviving, so noo...

:D
    Germanlady wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

True, screen presence can make up for a lot, but its the nose, that kills it for me and that very bland whole package. But if she gets the role, good for her.

Are the two of us having a civilised conversation? What is going on? Surely something has gone wrong?!
    Was just thinking that...makes for a nice change and shows, we are capable of doing it. :)
    Almost like proper grown ups!
    Getafix wrote:
    Almost like proper grown ups!

B-) when we are old, we will remember this day.