SPECTRE Bonds girls; Seydoux, Bellucci, Sigman, plus rumoured

Comments

I don't think they have always to be mysterious or exotic. Many of the most memorable Bond girls are neither of these things, IMO. But I agree, they do have 'something' about them.
    Getafix wrote:
    I don't think they have always to be mysterious or exotic. Many of the most memorable Bond girls are neither of these things, IMO. But I agree, they do have 'something' about them.

that's why I put the etc. Some have been English roses, but even then they represented the quintessential English rose.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 11,425
    Ludovico wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

that's why I put the etc. Some have been English roses, but even then they represented the quintessential English rose.

What about Pussy Galore?

But I get your point.
    Getafix wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

What about Pussy Galore?

But I get your point.

Honor Blackman was every bit the femme fatale.
    But was she mysterious, exotic or an English rose?

Any way... lets hope whoever they cast she has 'something' about her.
    Well, she had "something".
    Ludovico wrote:

She certainly did.
    Ludovico wrote:

Meh. She was a bit brash and tough, but I personally don't rate her all that highly as a Bond girl.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Ludovico wrote:

Meh. She was a bit brash and tough, but I personally don't rate her all that highly as a Bond girl.

I've lost love for her too over the years, as I have for Goldfinger. The whole barn scene where she just miraculously swaps teams, so to speak is just idiotic. I would have been fine if she helped Bond once he appealed to her in a genuine way that made her realize the risk of letting Goldfinger's plot go on (especially since she could grow to be expendable), but instead we are to believe that 007 simply screwed her brains out so badly that she instantly switched from a lesbian to a heterosexual female with the click of the finger, which just so happened to be the societally accepted sexuality back then. It would have been great if Bond didn't turn her in a sexual way and she remained gay, as it would be interesting and different to have a gay Bond girl, especially for the time. The saddest thing is that I've grown to dislike Pussy more not for her actual personality, that I love, but because of how she was written during the climax in the screenplay. Much like Anya she was a good character up until the final act of the film where she was written to act in a very out of character way, so much so that the character comes off as one-dimensional and nothing as great as they were before. A woman as tough and headstrong as Pussy wouldn't just give in to Bond the way he approached turning her, or suddenly change her sexuality because of one overly forced rendezvous in the barn with him. That guy must have one magical little soldier.
    Ludovico wrote:

Me neither actually, not as high as the other Bond girls of the first four movies, and I will always argue that the romance between Bond and her arrive too late in the movie to truly have an impact (one of the reasons why I find TB far superior to GF). That said, she is still a better Bond girl than many, many that came after.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 4,622
    ..... but instead we are to believe that 007 simply screwed her brains out so badly that she instantly switched from a lesbian to a heterosexual female with the click of the finger....
    Works for me!!!
    Loved the way it unashamedly plays into Bond as male fantasy.
    I lapped it up when I first saw the film and I still eagerly lap it up.
    Amazing she held out as long as she did. Bond had been working his charm on her since their first encounter.
    The filmmakers almost went too far with the hard to get routine. I know I sighed with relief when Sean finally came through. Was worried he was losing his touch. Whew!
    As for Bond girls and that extra something.....if they can fill out a bunny costume the way Heard does...I'm sold. Give her a contract, before she signs on elsewhere.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    timmer wrote:
    ..... but instead we are to believe that 007 simply screwed her brains out so badly that she instantly switched from a lesbian to a heterosexual female with the click of the finger....
    Works for me!!!
    Loved the way it unashamedly plays into Bond as male fantasy.
    I lapped it up when I first saw the film and I still eagerly lap it up.
    Amazing she held out as long as she did. Bond had been working his charm on her since their first encounter.
    The filmmakers almost went too far with the hard to get routine. I know I sighed with relief when Sean finally came through. Was worried he was losing his touch. Whew!
    As for Bond girls and that extra something.....if they can fill out a bunny costume the way Heard does...I'm sold. Give her a contract, before she signs on elsewhere.

Yes, it must be every girl's fantasy to have a man force himself on her without any consent. Pure romance if I've ever seen it.
    Well, Bond had been working on her for a while and maybe it is the chemistry between Connery and Blackman but it never bothered me. My biggest issue with the character is that she shows up very late in the movie.
    Ludovico wrote:
    Well, Bond had been working on her for a while and maybe it is the chemistry between Connery and Blackman but it never bothered me. My biggest issue with the character is that she shows up very late in the movie.
    And that's the way it went down in the book too. Both Fleming and Eon asked us to be pussy patient.
    And sure they were flirting big time, from the moment they met on the plane. That table was set well in advance.

• edited June 2014 Posts: 14,830
    In the book, Bond does not even need to have a stroll in the hay with Pussy Galore: she just switches side at the end. I like her character all right in both novel and film, but in both case her late appearance in the narrative seriously dilutes her impact.

All that to say that I hope the main Bond girl for Bond 24 is more Domino or Tania than Pussy Galore.
    Dom or Tats knockoffs would be quite agreeable for B24 IMO.
    But I am always rooting for an American girl of course, but I am happy to welcome whoever gets served up. "Heard, cough, Amber,cough."
    Yes, Pussy is very much about the second half of GF. In the book, she was a real badass crook. She was on her way to Sing Sing for sure, once they got her off that plane, but alas she fell for Bond's uber mascualine charm as a lot of good bad-girls do. Plus, in her world, Bond would really stand out as breath of fresh air, compared to all the arsehole criminal males she would have had to deal with in her line of work.
    Movie Pussy, I think probably got a reprieve. Bond could fix it with Felix.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Amber Heard? No thank you, please. When she was first coming around, I thought I liked her, but lately, I haven't been interested in her in the slightest. She's beautiful, but that's about it. She isn't a great actress.
    timmer wrote:
    Dom or Tats knockoffs would be quite agreeable for B24 IMO.
    But I am always rooting for an American girl of course, but I am happy to welcome whoever gets served up. "Heard, cough, Amber,cough."
    Yes, Pussy is very much about the second half of GF. In the book, she was a real badass crook. She was on her way to Sing Sing for sure, once they got her off that plane, but alas she fell for Bond's uber mascualine charm as a lot of good bad-girls do. Plus, in her world, Bond would really stand out as breath of fresh air, compared to all the arsehole criminal males she would have had to deal with in her line of work.
    Movie Pussy, I think probably got a reprieve. Bond could fix it with Felix.

I would rather see a Northern European beauty than an American.

Regarding the charatcer, if TDKR was not relatively recent, I'd say they should go for a female cat burglar.
    Producers are looking for a "gritty" Bond girl whose a match for Bond? I hope by "gritty"" they mean personality wise at least and not another fighter... Yawn...

It's the same for every movie - they want a Bond girl who's a match for Bond. It's so played.
    Well, we don't know what they are looking for, this is a rumour and not a very credible one.
    Bounine wrote:
    Producers are looking for a "gritty" Bond girl whose a match for Bond? I hope by "gritty"" they mean personality wise at least and not another fighter... Yawn...

It's the same for every movie - they want a Bond girl who's a match for Bond. It's so played.

That could be boilerplate to mollify the media and the critics as much as anything else. Severine certainly wasn't gritty.
    The though Bond girl rumour shows up before every Bond. Since the Craig era the grittiest was probably Camille and even her was a traumatised child with a backstory more similar to Honey Ryder's than Jinx or Way Lin.
    Ludovico wrote:

Honor Blackman was wasted as a Bond girl.
    She had all the potential to be one of the best,but Pussy Galore was terrible imo.
    That was not down to her as an actress but the script and the character.

Bounine wrote:

Here here! Action Bond-girls are the dullest things on the face of the earth. Bond girls with skills - fine, but female versions of Bond himself, Yawwwnnnnnnnn!!!!!
    SF at least didn't pander to this sentiment, then again we had action MP.
    But Severine at least was in the classic exotic Fleming tradition of bird with wounded wing - in the Fleming Domino-Solitaire mode, even Tiffany Case to a certain extent, as she was caught in the Spang brothers web.
    I like the brassy American movie Bond-girls. Love the spunk and sass.
    However when Eon can capture the Fleming exotic wounded-bird model, that can be quite enticing.
    I see Amber Heard as new Domino type but not as passive -feistier, a little sass, but trapped nonetheless and needing rescuing from the great Bond, who shall have no Mommy issues in this film, and who shall revel in being the great 00 agent that he is.

But we didn't have action MP, not really. She decided field work wasn't for her and ended up behind a desk. She never competed with Bond. Same with Camille, who is basically nurtured by Bond before her climatic encounter with Medrano.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2014 Posts: 4,442
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 6,601
    Sorry, but she seems the least attrative of all we have seen so far. I don't even find her pretty.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 9,770
    I find her hot and I approve this rumor

Personally she is the right nationality style and we are getting extremely close to filming so I think this is legit.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I think she is attractive, I could see her as a Kara-esque character.
    Germanlady wrote:
    Sorry, but she seems the least attrative of all we have seen so far. I don't even find her pretty.

Well, she is pretty, but she looks a bit anorexic.