SPECTRE Bonds girls; Seydoux, Bellucci, Sigman, plus rumoured

Comments

Remember all that Charlotte Rampling nonsense? I intially misunderstood and thought people meant Charlotte Riley. Now she'd make a great Bond girl.

charlotte-riley-509053l.jpg
  • Hope it's not Amber Heard. :S Not to sound snotty but I don't think she can play someone quite sophisticated.

@Pierce2Daniel She does look suitable.

I have also been thinking about that Joanne Froggatt thing, and it seems that whenever they cast a British person, they choose someone with a really posh accent, which she doesn't have. Now I don't agree with being elitist when it comes to the way one speaks and maybe it sounds far-fetched anyway, but it was just a thought.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited August 2014 Posts: 4,312
    I have also been thinking about that Joanne Froggatt thing, and it seems that whenever they cast a British person, they choose someone with a really posh accent, which she doesn't have.
    I believe accents are one of the first things they teach in acting class. If an actress talks with a posh accent, then the director wants her to or does not object. It is no prerequisite to get the role (unless, of course, we are talking about untalented actresses that cannot convincingly modulate their accent).

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Anyone seen this?

http://schmoesknow.com/hot-scoop-bond-24-enlisting-blue-is-the-warmest-color-actress-2/27660/

She's the blind chick from mission impossible ghost protocol.
  • doubleoego wrote: »
    Anyone seen this?

http://schmoesknow.com/hot-scoop-bond-24-enlisting-blue-is-the-warmest-color-actress-2/27660/

She's the blind chick from mission impossible ghost protocol.

Lea Seydoux is a very, very, very good actress and well-established already (at least in Europe), but I don't think she's the kind of actress for a Bond role. She's starting to do more commercial movies, but she shines in more obscure dramatic roles. I don't mean to discredit the James Bond franchise at all, but I hope she stays away from this.
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 4,400
    I like this rumour a lot! But why has this story not been picking up more traction? The Schomes are known for their reliable scoops.

Seydoux has a very chic sexy Parisian feel to her. She would fit with the very European flavour that has been suggested with the recent location rumours. Could she be playing the Scandinavian character that has been suggested?

Check out these very cool adverts she did for Pravda, directed by Wes Anderson:

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Miranda Frost? WTF?!

It's hard to believe the report this links to was not picked up in March.

http://schmoesknow.com/bond-24-on-the-lookout-for-miranda-frost/20033

Maybe it's just a cover and they're casting Gala Brand instead? One can dream.

A French Léa Seydoux as a British secret agent? And so young as well, at 29, could she really have the main lead? She doesn't even fit the age range.

Perhaps she'll take the secondary role ahead of all those Sweeds or just might be the femme fatale we have been waiting for, another role altogether.

Something doesn't add up to me.

EDIT: So, all Miranda Frost is, is a placeholder name for the female lead. One that more than likely now has a name.
    Never thought joanne Froggatt rumour had some legs. I might need to watch Downtown Abbey after all.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Check the original link again:

http://en.mediamass.net/people/lea-seydoux/james-bond.html

No wonder it did not make sense. It was a load of rubbish from a website that only writes made up stories for laughs.
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 2,015
    They are not doing it only for laughs.. they are doing it to prove anything can be picked up as true if it is said with a straight face.

Now the Schmoes say they have a very trusted source...

Some Web whiz kid should put up a betting site on weird rumors, that anyone can propose, so can people who think they can tell the truth from the lies could bet on it and prove to everyone later on if they are good or not. It could have some success, even without any real money involved. People staying silent for months and then bragging "I knew it" when the answer is public is becoming more and more boring on movie forums :)
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Master List updated
    1. Penelope Cruz (40) Perez Hilton
    2. Lola Ponce(34) , Argentine, singer, actress, model, Source allvoices.com,
    3. Ida Engvoll (28), Swedish actress, Aftonbladet
    4. Disa Östrand (27), Swedish actresses, Aftonbladet
    5. Synnove Macody Lund, 38 year old Norwegian. Norwegian Press
    6. Birgitte Hjort Sorensen, 32 year-old Danish actress. Agent Anne Lindberg
    7. Ingrid Bolso Berdal, 34 year-old Norwegian actress. Agent Anne Lindberg
    8. Blake Lively (26) Green Lantern, Gossip Girl, source Gossip Girl
    9. Amber Heard (28) American, recent films, 3 Days To Kill and Machete Kills, source Gossip Girl
    10. Joanne Froggatt (33) Downton Abbey cast member, source Daily Star
    11. Isabel Edvardsson (32), Swedish dancer-actress source German news outlets
    12. Lea Seydoux (29) French actress, played in Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, Blue is the Warmest Colour, rumour reported by shmoesknow.com, mediamass.net

So if I understand the Shmoes, they claim to have a casting breakdown as such
    "Lead Female (30-40) Attractive, sophisticated, cool and calm secret agent. "
    And from this they extrapolate Miranda Frost reborn, but maybe this time not a double agent.Confusing.
  • Do we have any upates on this yet? They're starting filming soon, so I thought more cast details would have been released by now...
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 2,341
    I'm in favor of Joanne Froggett. I like her in Downton Abbey. she may not have the drop dead looks of say Halle Berry or Denise Richards, or Tanya Roberts but she can act.

If Babs and MGM are seriously even considering her then I applaud them for not being so into physical atttributes versus thespian abilities.
    Why can't we have both? Bond is all about fantasy; I want to see some babes! Some real beauties. That being said, acting balanced with beauty, Erin Richards isn't a bad choice.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited September 2014 Posts: 12,459
    It has been amazingly quiet, without decent hints at all, about the Bond women for this film. Hmmm. And surely somebody is already hired or a frontrunner. A Scandinavian looking woman for a smaller role and a British woman for the main female. I think that is still on; haven't heard otherwise.
    I am still holding out for Amber Heard as lead Bond girl, however I suspect the lead girl's name may not be on our list at all, although I figure Eon must have a pretty good idea who they want by this point.
    IRC Olga just came out of the blue back in 2008, and the board suddenly erupted into 100 pages worth of Olga pictures and bio stories etc.
    In 2012 I recall there was some advance rumour notice of Marlohe, and then in very short order, it was confirmed.
    As for the smaller role, Scandinavian Bond girl, I bet one of the many names that we have will get that role.
    IF someone like her, I sure hope as a bruunette. Blondes have a tendency to all look the same, when not having exceptionnel faces, which she has not. Darker hair somehow makes a difference.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    IF someone like her, I sure hope as a bruunette. Blondes have a tendency to all look the same, when not having exceptionnel faces, which she has not. Darker hair somehow makes a difference.

But I miss blonde Bond girls!
    Ludovico wrote: »

But I miss blonde Bond girls!

Yeah, maybe, but I suppose, they also want to have a difference o DC's own blondness. Personally I find it difficult to find blonde bombshells, who also look interesting and not the average blonde beauty..

• edited September 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Lea Seydoux would be in an intriguing choice. She can be very sultry and quite animated. There is much range with her, much possibility.
    Actually of the list above, I think she might be the only serious candidate on it, for lead Bond girl, which suggests any other serious candidates have managed to stay under the radar.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I think we are definitely overdue for a good main blonde Bond girl. Maryam was wonderful, but that was a long time ago. However, I think if we have a Scandinavian actress, chances are she may be blonde, and then the main Bond girl (still to be British, I believe) would probably not be blonde, just to have contrast.
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Sure the Scandinavian will almost certainly be blonde and I think will probably be one of the actresses listed above.

Lea Seydoux can play blonde as well. Here she strikes a Bond girl-like action pose for MI.
    Unfortunately she looks about as threatening as Bach, in one of her karate chop poses, but that's OK, we don't need her fighting, and she's quite a good actress, so whatever she is called to do, I am sure she will ace, assuming she gets the role, which is a gigantic if at this point.
    Amazing there is nothing of any real substance lurking about, as to who the lead Bond girl might be.

I'd be happy with a bevy of blondes. Worked well in Goldfinger. Blackman was blonde enough, joining serious blondes Shirley Eaton, Tania Mallet and the unforgetable Margaret Nolan as Dink. :D

Best Bond blonde of all-time. Brit Ekland. Slam dunk, IMHO of course.

lea-seydoux500x300.jpg
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    OHMSS69 wrote: »
    I'm in favor of Joanne Froggett. I like her in Downton Abbey. she may not have the drop dead looks of say Halle Berry or Denise Richards, or Tanya Roberts but she can act.

If Babs and MGM are seriously even considering her then I applaud them for not being so into physical atttributes versus thespian abilities.

There are several roles for women in Bond films, some bigger than others. Nothing to say they want Ms Froggett for the eye candy roles. She would have been a perfect MP, but if she's cast I suspect it will be a minor speaking role. In interviews she is being very coy on the question of Bond, so it's definitely a huge, undeniable 'maybe'.
    After the box office and critical success of Skyfall, the main Bond girl of Bond 24 (who according to the rumors will be British) has to be someone high profile, someone with more gravitas. No unknowns or TV actresses please!

My number 2 choice: Rebecca Hall
    My number 1 choice: Emily Blunt. She would be perfect.
    I would love to see Thandy Newton.

Eventually Paula Patton
    I would love to see Thandy Newton.

Eventually Paula Patton

Both of them too old unless playing the villain. Two words: EMILY BLUNT. Accept No Substitutes.
    Both look like beautiful WOMAN not girls That's what I like. EB not so much my cup of tea, but talented. She is nice looking, but not beautiful - well, for me anyway. And doesn't have the exotic touch, that I personally like.
    I remember when Thandy was being considered for the role of Vesper but as hot as she and Patton are, especially Patton I don't want them in a Bond film.
    Why not?
    I think there are more interesting casting choices.